Register now to get rid of these ads!

1953 chrysler new yorker pics???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by buick 58, Jan 17, 2006.

1. buick 58

buick 58

thinking of buying this chrysler and turn it into a custom leadsled. you guys have any pictures of this car in stock form or customized? any help is appreciated!

2. buick 58

buick 58

i know this isnt a very poular car but i found one i can get at a great price. plus having a hemi in it aint bad either. the body is in great shape. i just would like to see this car in some of your guys pics. i have looked on the net but only found original pictures

3. buick 58

buick 58

4. Paychobilly53

Paychobilly53

Here’s mine that I’ve just started. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

scrap metal 48 likes this.

5. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

That COULD be the '53 New Yorker 2 door I had in Long Beach California in 1964. I was in the Navy at the time and bought it from a shipmate. Being only 11 years old at the time, and having had good care, it was in beautiful condition. Except for some of the chrome...having been built during the Korean War and good chrome was lacking on U S Cars of that era. The 331 Hemi was so smooth and quiet, you absolutely could not tell if it was running when stopped in traffic.

Mine was dark green bottom with a light green top......same top color as yours. Could it be....probably not, but it's fun to reminisce.

Ray

6. Paychobilly53

Paychobilly53

Thanks, Ray. No, this is originally from Provo Utah and it’s a 4 door but it runs exactly as you remember! I live in HB and this car see the coast everyday. I’m sure I’ll venture out to LB very soon.

7. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

8. Paychobilly53

Paychobilly53

Huntington Beach, it I hear Hermosa has a great custom car hangout

9. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Ah yes, Huntington Beach, South of Long Beach. Near Seal Beach as I recall. We used to obtain ammunition for our 5" guns in Seal Beach. Huntington Beach, in those days, was a nice community. May still be, haven't been in that area since the early 2000's.

Hermosa Beach, as best I can recall from only one visit there in the early '60s, was ..uhhh....ahhh...maybe an 'artists colony' or 'hippy area'...not really sure of it's categorization at the time, but definitely an 'interesting' area for a Midwest youth. :)