Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical A 400hp 392 rebuild

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Arominus, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Arominus

Arominus

Talking to Gary he said they should clear that said I'm considering my options right now, to start ill be running hydraulic flat tappets so my intent is to set the proper amount of preload in the lifters and see if it clears. Hopefully it will be a set once and forget it for a bit with the hydraulic setup. If not? well I'll keep my eyes open for spacers or a set of dimpled Firepower/industrial/marine covers.

I'm honing in on my prefered cam, i'm going to do something in the .470-480 lift range, 230ish duration and a 112LSA in case i decide to make the induction less hamb friendly down the road. Hopefully that clears the covers.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
    Deuces likes this.
  2. Arominus

Arominus

Ah... well as they say, life gets in the way. This has been on hold for a a few years but I’m dusting off the castings and ordering parts. I’m almost done porting the heads, I’ve got 4 exhaust ports and 1 intake to go. I’m happy with the results so far, though I do have a finish pass left to get them looking pretty. I just got the melting m50 in the mail today. I’ll be taking it apart to inspect/clean/lube it and to loctite the bolts.

next up? That pesky cam choice.

Attached Files:

Hombre, Deuces and Desoto291Hemi like this.
  3. Looks great,,,,it should make 400 h.p. easy I think .

Tommy

Hombre and Deuces like this.
  4. Arominus

Arominus

Yeah, my target has moved a bit, though I’m really building for more, I live at 6,000ft, so my challenge is to make 400 up here with it

I’ve really been leaning towards a more aggressive cam, this car will cruise around a bit but the mileage won’t be crazy so I’m considering a 238ish solid cam for it.

Deuces and Desoto291Hemi like this.
  5. Okay,,,altitude does play a big role there .
    At least you are going for more compression,,,that will help the most .

Tommy

Deuces likes this.
  6. Glad you're back into it. Looks like a fun build.

7. 73RR

73RR

For a wee bit more cash you could move into a roller package.