Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest RIP - Stacey Brown - Antique Auto Supply

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by guy1unico, Apr 14, 2020.

1. guy1unico

guy1unico

Stacey Brown was a mainstay for classic car parts in the DFW area and all over the world. Stacey passed away last week. He had a fantastic knowledge of old American cars and the parts and knowledge to fix anything that went wrong.
    He used to tell me: "Guy I don't have anything for a hot rod. What exact car are you working on."
    Can you imagine buying every NOS part you saw @ a swap meet and dragging it back to resell in your 9 warehouse store!...well he did just that...check this out.

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Wow - true loss to local car world - sincere sympathy goes out to his Family, friends & special customers

3. catdad49

catdad49

Sounds like we lost another automotive treasure! RIP, Stacey.

4. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

"You can't take it with you" It's my opinion that God had to make that rule due to guys like Stacey. There just isn't that much room in heaven. :cool:

5. coilover

coilover
    from Texas

Make that nine LARGE warehouses stacked to the ceilings and then stuff hung from the rafters. When younger his crew had more fun at swap meets than any other. They had a huge bell that they would ring every time they made a sale which could be heard from every corner of a meet as big as Pate. His 40 Ford Woody was flawless. Heaven gained a good one.

6. TCR has lots of interesting stories and people.I remember this one,Rest in peace Stacey.

7. williebill

williebill

What a story and legacy. The video was in 2008, was Stacey still operating the business? I hope all of his stuff can be saved, even though the demand isn't what it used to be. RIP.
    Thanks for posting, Guylunico.

8. 5window

5window

Sorry I missed him. RIP

9. Daddy Deville

Daddy Deville

My dad and I used to buy parts from Stacey for our 35 coupe back in the 70's. Sad that he's gone. RIP

10. Stacy sold the business several years ago. The buyer then cleaned the place up. Lots of good stuff went to the junkman. That buyer then resold and it took a bunch of semi closed trailers to move the parts to their new location. Then another run for the junkman. Never found out where the ended up.

11. cpd682

cpd682
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from DFW, Texas

Worked there for a few years back in the mid 80s. Still remember the hubcaps hanging in the rafters occasionally falling down, luckily never got caught under one.

Had a lot of stuff and Stacy could walk right to any part in the place. Only inventory was in his head.

Good times.

325w and 5window like this.
  12. Dang....he's been suffering for a long time. Remember him at the swap meets and buying NOS stuff at his place. Went there often and when I needed some new stuff for a flat head rebuild he would pull out NOS stuff sometimes from a different manufactures - which he would say - don't worry it will work.
    The stock he had was sold once and then again with the word being it went "up North". He had a few "garage sales" where he pulled a lot of stuff just out in the parking lot - bought some "pallet full" lots.

Also was at a few auctions of parts houses over the years - he had deeper pockets as I but he would work with you if you need something off a certain shelve/lot.....or he say come by the shop and get it.

Great guy......missed him for years..........

kidcampbell71 and Desoto291Hemi like this.
  13. scotts52

scotts52

Very sad loss.

14. guy1unico

guy1unico