Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Stainless Fasteners

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ed Kasperek, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Looking for a good vendor where I can purchase good quality SS fasteners in 2-10 and larger quantity's
    Tks Gents
    ed

2. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

Try McMaster Carr. They have a complete supply of stainless fasteners, they will ship UPS

rockable and LAROKE like this.
  3. McMaster is a good supplier, super fast shipper , pricy though.
    I used them at work

4. uncleandy 65

uncleandy 65

Fastenal sells in bulk or by a small bag. I have also bought at Menards or Lowes in my area.

5. dentisaurus

dentisaurus
    from Boston

McMaster is pricey but their stuff is good and super reliable service. You get what you pay for to some degree here.

Hnstray likes this.
  6. kb cookout

kb cookout

Totally Stainless, Inc.
    P.O. Box 3249, Gettysburg, PA 17325

Toll Free: 1-800-767-4781
    Local: 717-677-8811

hidez57, RMONTY, nunattax and 3 others like this.
  7. 62SY4

62SY4
    from Irwin, Pa

Anything in small quantities is going to be expensive. McMaster is a good one for common and some uncommon hardware. For limited quantities and some odd ball stuff, I've had good experiences with Totally Stainless. http://www.totallystainless.com

8. 5window

5window

My local hardware store has a pretty good supply of SS fasteners including button head screws that I prefer.

9. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

It may vary depending on where you live, but in my area Ace Hardware stores generally have a good selection of stainless steel bolts and screws.

10. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

I stumbled on to Allens Fasteners by accident and having using them ever since. Great price, service and shipping

11. Just checked Totally Stainless, currently closed due to health crisis.

12. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

I absolutely recommend McMaster-Carr as others have suggested. I know for a fact that they are way cheaper than most stainless screw suppliers. For example 3/8"-16 x 2" SS, hex bolts are 10pcs. for $4.33 as opposed to $1.14 each from a major supplier. Shipping is the next day.

Hombre and Hnstray like this.
  13. Ace Hardware has a good selection, may vary from store to store.

Just Gary likes this.
  14. X2 on the hardware store. Our local True Value also has a nice selection of chrome fasteners...

15. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Nobody I've found is cheaper than Tractor Supply for hardware, where you're able to buy by the pound rather than the number of items. For example, I just bought all new grade 8 hardware for my suspension, which was about $5 a pound. Unfortunately they didn't have G8 of a 7/16 bolt I needed. Went to Ace, and it was $2.15 PER BOLT. Literally about 20x more expensive.

Hnstray and Chucky like this.
  16. oldolds

oldolds

Tractor Supply is by the pack on small stainless. Buy the pound on regular nuts and bolts

Hnstray likes this.
  17. linechaser32

linechaser32
    from Iowa

18. Pat Thompson

Pat Thompson

I use Mertons Fiberglass and Marine. They have a good selection.

19. Vimtage Iron

Vimtage Iron

Tractor supply is most likely overseas bolts.
    Ace hardware here just did a complete overhaul of their bolt department, it is stocked by Hillman products, I haven't asked where their hardware is made but I would guess overseas also, now on the stainless they have the standard grade stuff but added 316 stainless also but in a small lot, as was said Mc Master and I use Lawson products for my bolt bins and such, they have starter kits in drawers and their stuff is made in the states and some in Canada.

41rodderz likes this.
  20. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

When I worked for the State , all we used was Lawson products . I also get bulk at our local fastener place .

21. True Value also has a good assortment of SS bolts.
    Vic

22. Amazon had some listed, the last time I looked.

23. Mr T body

Mr T body
    Alliance Vendor
    from BHC AZ

X2 for Allen's Fasteners. Used them for years on my cars and boats. Bolt Depot for what little Allen's doesn't carry.

24. McMaster-Carr without doubt. Fastest shipping and good selection, they stand by what they sell . Finding quality SS fasteners is always a concern, not sure if you are aware that most stainless is rated only about grade 5 in terms of strength. I say about, because I'm just not really sure anymore about bolt strength or hardness , given the many origins of manufacture. Like a lot of other stuff,( things used by folks in our area of interest particularly) quality has diminished.

Hombre and Hnstray like this.
  25. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

About 6 months ago we had a True Value hardware store go out of business, and they had all fasteners for 50% off. I was lucky enough to get there before a lot of folks and stocked up the bolt drawers with about $200 worth of half-price stainless.

26. winduptoy

winduptoy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

27. Hombre

Hombre

McMaster Carr has been a great recourse for me with this virus thing going on. I will not visit any retailer at this time, so what turned out to be a simple trip to the hardware store now has gone online. I have used McMaster Carr for years right now I am only using them for my hardware orders. I am always surprised that in every case I receive my order the "NEXT" day. I am not ordering next day shipment they are the ones doing the shipping and I receive it the next day in every case. I also do not find them out of line on there pricing, compared to most retailers they are cheaper or at least that has been my experience.

thintin likes this.
  28. Black_Sheep

Black_Sheep

29. Thnks to everyone
    Great Info!!!

30. Pete Eastwood

Pete Eastwood
    from california

Don't forget to use " anti - seize " !!!!

thintin, triumph 1, nunattax and 2 others like this.