Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Quarantine

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 53 hemi, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Im also "essential" so Im happy to be getting paid. All spare moments are spent "isolated" in my shop working on getting my bucket together. Bought it as a wreck the end of September. If I can get Chrome delivered to the shop and back in a timely manor, I plan to have the car on the road by late May.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. Less and less people at work, the commute is a breeze. Girlfriend's office, virus is running rampant, like 9 have it and more are sick. She's working from home. She took the test late last week, NO virus.

3. 34Larry

34Larry

Because of underlying heath issues and being now 81, my wife and I went into self quarantine 3-1/2 weeks ago. I go out with mask and rubber gloves to the grocery store and wally's for meds, otherwise its out in the yard or in the shop/garage. My coupe suddenly developed "brake pedal to the floor" problem so in going in to fix that I discovered my hand vacuum do hicky is toast. HF is just around the corner but I'm afraid to go in for one. I can't quite convince myself to chance it.
    We live in between Seattle and Tacoma, close to the first epicenter of this shit and so many idiots aren't taking this seriously that it is a large danger to everyone they come in contact with. Now the governor is warning them of legal charges if they don't stay home. Damn what a travesty.

4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

^^^ notice that I got a while back from HF that they have really increased cleaning daily - but, you could call store about doing a drive up to store door to pick up stuff -

seb fontana likes this.
  5. Black_Sheep

Black_Sheep

Sad that people can’t be trusted to do the right thing without coercion, but that’s the world we’re living in. I’ve been working from home, midway through day 5 of the stay at home order and I’m starting to go nuts. The worst part is not seeing my pops, he’s 85 and part of the high risk category. We talk daily but it’s not the same.

6. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Posted this on another thread...anyone else feeling the same?

Let's do the math;
    For the last 37 years, Bonnie and I have spent about 55 waking hours per week together (Mon-Fri, 5hrs, 6pm to 11pm, Sat&Sun 30hrs +/- 8am to 11pm)

Now we're spending 102 waking hours together (8am-11pm 7 days per week) trapped at home.

It feels like I'm TWICE AS MARRIED as before...HELP ME :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

7. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

OH JOY, I'm painting the kitchen and living room.:(:rolleyes:

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  8. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Still business as usual for me, although it's a bit different how it's done. Most of my customers have closed their store fronts and lobbies, so on those I have to go to the door, they get my paperwork, I pull around and get unloaded and they give me my signed paperwork back. Others, I just drive onto the yard, lift guy gets paperwork, signs it, unloads me, away I go. At my shipper, they have barricaded themselves behind the glass, you have to put on a rubber glove to use the electro pen to sign the paperwork, they slide it under the glass back to you. They put the break room and restrooms off limits to us drivers, and gave us 3 porta potties instead.

I'm enjoying the light traffic, other day I went all the way across Nashville TN on I65 from top to bottom at 7:30 and never got below 55 mph, most of the time it was 65 mph! Than almost never happens, even at late night there are still usually a bunch of slow poke traffic out there.

I use a rubber glove to punch the keypad at the fuel pumps, don't touch the doors or handrails with my hands, and get in and get out of the fuel stop as quickly as possible, avoiding contact with people as much as possible. Heck, even the one toll bridge I cross has stopped taking cash, I have to stop, get out of the truck and swipe my credit card, they won't even touch it.

I can see my freight slowing down though, the longer this lasts, the slower it will get. The big spring buy is just about over, people are stocked up, and most folks are holding onto their money, with good reason. With no definite end date in sight, people are unsure what to do.

9. hotrodarchaeologist

hotrodarchaeologist
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Maine

I also am “essential” (medical equipment) and still working so I have been partially quarantining myself in my garage to protect my wife...my sleeping arrangements;

D8FFEAF3-790B-4AF9-80E5-51645DD1ABD2.jpeg

10. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

^^^^ Peaceful ^^^^ No snoring, no knees, elbows or blanket shortage.

Stogy, alanp561, bobss396 and 2 others like this.
  11. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

That’s true love right there

Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  12. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

53 Hemi....with New Orleans in trouble, stay safe. No car or part is worth your life or even a week in misery...... Take care fellow Hamber.

53 hemi likes this.
  13. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

Just trying to stay safe as I hope the rest of you are too.
    50CE43B2-2D05-4F03-91F9-0570BDCFC133.jpeg

IMG_7611.JPG

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
    Stogy, Surfcityrocker, LAROKE and 2 others like this.
  14. Work called and told me to stay home 'till further notice. Drove my coupe over to my kid's house and parked it in a corner of his 8 car garage. I'm now using the garage as a staging area while I paint the family room, basement office, utility room, entry and closet while going through my "stuff" and filling up the big plastic garbage can.
    We're supposed to be "social distancing" but only about 20% or less of the people I see in Wal*art are wearing masks. The young Latino kids down at the bottom of the hill are having big parties of 40-50 people or more....still! I dunno, man.

seb fontana and chryslerfan55 like this.
  15. oldsfrench

oldsfrench
    from France

Yes I try
    56737741-2528-4B5D-A345-CDC69ED08A68.jpeg

16. the helmet is a nice touch...

17. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We are in the 4th week of our shutdown now and it seems like we are pretts lucky having " only" 36 deaths per million as of yesterday... maybe the early shutdown and strict rules helped calm things down a bit compared to other places, but nonetheless we had 5 or 6 people pass away from the virus in our little village of 1400 . I ´m trying to keep myself positive and busy by fixing stuff , rebuilding my cars and what not , going outside for sports as running, bicycling, walking. Luckily we are having beautiful spring weather and I drive the old cars whenever I get a chance . I changed the steering arm on my 56 for a ballbearing type one and it made a heck of a difference.The rubberbushed stock steering arm was binding somehow and the car steers just as precisely as any new car now. While I was at it I gave it a good wash and wax job too. It´s been almost two years that I had the 56 out. It rides beautifully but I hate cleaning it.... That´s why I rarely drive it. The 40 also got a wash and wax, but black is hard to keep clean, with all the flowers and trees blooming now...but that´ll keep me busy too.
    I hope we will be allowed to re-open our shop soon...
    Stay safe and healthy everyone everywhere!
    EOYY4590.jpg DLBZ9858.jpg XQMC6589.jpg

18. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

Funny I was just thinking how lucky I am to be with my better half during this, she is one of those who is on the go working 50 plus hours a week, plus running her own school to teach the Polish language
    to adults, plus geneology research, plus putting together trips to Poland bringing groups from 8 to 40+ people. Did I mention she was busy. This has forced her to slow down a little, I am hoping it leads
    to a longer term slowdown. I like having her around.

19. I'm basically hanging out with my 2 cats. I have 4 days left at work and took off today. I do very little shopping and all at smaller stores.

For we have to sign in from home into a company portal (I got their portal right here....) and we get a "green" text message on our cell phones. Meaning no cough or whatever. THEN... park in visitor's parking, get in line for a nurse to verify the text message and to take our temperature, basically a cluster fook that takes 45 minutes, plus it was pouring and windy.

My GF is freaked out, 15 or so at her job have the virus, the big boss was in the hospital for 5 days and just got out. So I see little of her, hanging out with cats is not the worst thing in the world, great drinking partners since neither of them drink and they do not judge me.

nochop, Baumi and alanp561 like this.