Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Sliced, diced, and iced.
    Aquaa Rampside 05.jpg

slv63, Sancho, themoose and 5 others like this.
  2. madfish

madfish

3. 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

4. Squablow

Squablow

Thanks James D! This is a great starting point. I might try my hand at swapping tail lights using this new pic as a base. I'm OK at importing things into a picture but I'm terrible at getting colors to match so this is a huge help!

It actually looks quite good with the original tail lights. I think if I can find some, I might just go that way. Would certainly be the easiest choice.

James D likes this.
  5. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Holy crap !!! Thanks @madfish ...that looks great. I'm going to re-post this repaired version on the Art Show thread for those who where interested.

Thanks again,

Jack

madfish likes this.
  6. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Squablow,
    I had an idea that you might like, just in case you decide against the wild '61 fins.
    The top mounted tail lights are gone, replaced by thin red tail light material backed by LED lights in the nice "U" shaped trim.
    61 Imp 03.jpg 61 Imp 04.jpg

7. madfish

madfish

8. The colours and perspective were pretty close actually. Quite lucky.
    Not sure what i´d do about tail lights. I´m not a massive fan of the `61 units though. Could you just put some in the tail pan?

Squablow likes this.
  9. louisb

louisb

Thanks!

—louis

10. Squablow

Squablow

Interesting! Not sure how I'd pull that off, but I definitely have not ruled out tail lights in that area. The factory flashlights are not doing it for me, although I really do want to use the '61 fins.

Possibly, but that tailpan area is not very big and it's also awkwardly shaped, the perfect lights would be needed to keep it from looking forced. Maybe a '60 Dodge rear bumper or something that would be easy to add tail lights into, that would be a possibility, would need something the same gigantic width as the Imperial though, not sure what would work best.

11. Cleaned this up a bit more and removed the rear lights for a blank canvas, if anyone else wants a shot at it. Could you replace the back up lights in the bumper with red lenses? 62-imperial.jpg

12. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

James, I really like this version. The soft curves update the look. The wheel cutouts are inspired!

James D and Peanut 1959 like this.
  13. Thanks man. I was quite pleased with it too, though I´d say it´s more back dated than updated maybe. Probably the first one that i have neither chopped nor lowered too!

Peanut 1959 likes this.
  14. Flamed48

Flamed48

[​IMG]

Could I see my uncles truck in anvil grey please and thank you

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

15. madfish

madfish

16. Matte finish will look good on this PU...

Paint.jpg

kiwijeff, madfish and jnaki like this.
  17. Flamed48

Flamed48

Peanut 1959 likes this.
  18. Yes we are all well and I hope the same for you and yours and all of the rest of the HAMB family.

kiwijeff and Peanut 1959 like this.
  19. Squablow

Squablow

I could, the reverse lights are not very big but they probably have just as much surface area as the original '61 sparrow-strainers, and I've gotta say the fins look good without the extra clutter. I think I could sneak some reverse lights in the license plate area without them being too noticeable.

I also really like the look of the shaved handles, but the paint on the car is pretty serviceable, except for some bubbling spots on the rear quarters and an area on the roof, so I wasn't planning on repainting the doors, just add the fins, repaint the whole quarter on both sides and fix the roof, but decisions will have to be made. Thanks again for the help.

Peanut 1959 and James D like this.
  20. Nashton-Martin....
    Nash-LeMans.jpg

kiwijeff, Ned Ludd, Sancho and 6 others like this.
  21. sliceddeuce

sliceddeuce

James D likes this.
  22. I think the most important thing is that it no longer looks much like a Nash. :)

texasred and Peanut 1959 like this.
  23. raven

raven

I really like this.
    r

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

James D likes this.
  24. BumbleBae

BumbleBae

[​IMG]

Morning and Happy Easter! Would someone be so kind as to give my coupe a gunmetal/blackish body with a sunset/rust red top? Sorry for the unorthodox photo angle. I’m thinking of splitting the color at the sill for the natural lines and contour. Thanks, Gents!

verde742 likes this.
  25. Squablow

Squablow

Me too! Someone needs to build this one. I always wondered why those Nash's didn't look more Euro, being they were Pinin-Farina designed, but this rendering is great.

James D likes this.
  26. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

I saw this and threw my version away. I want this car!

James D likes this.
  27. @madfish
    I think Nash just built the prototype .....

Aria 51.jpg