Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Happy Easter !!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rickybop, Apr 12, 2020.

1. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Easter is a day of hope.
    The hamb allows us to share so much. Camaraderie. Hope.
    Especially now, I want to express my deep gratitude to all of you for everything... all that you give of yourselves here... and sincere wishes that none of us feels hopeless or alone.
    Happy Easter, everyone!

Sent from my VS835 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55, Hank37, Thor1 and 16 others like this.
  2. Happy Easter to you Ricky

Thor1, loudbang, Lil32 and 3 others like this.
  3. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

4. sliceddeuce

sliceddeuce

5. I experienced a totally different Easter Sunday sitting in my lounge chair watching a online service, today is also out twin girls birthday, Melinda lives with us and her sister Melissa is at her home not able to visit, this to is very different, no Easter dinner with our family, children & grandchildren but this pandemic won't last forever.

Keep the faith & stay safe. Danny

chryslerfan55, Hank37, Thor1 and 15 others like this.
  6. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

7. jnaki

jnaki

Happy, as much as possible, Easter ...

This is a suggestion for all families to stick together during these hectic times… Being “locked in place” can get a little tiring with the games and streaming shows rambling on during the day. So, get the necessary stuff and "Get your motor running..."
    upload_2020-4-12_7-46-16.png upload_2020-4-12_7-46-29.png
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/family-bonding.1187920/#post-13494576

upload_2020-4-12_7-47-6.png

Hello,

In these trying times with “social distancing” and “locked in place,” if we want to be politically correct for our family’s sake, the real egg substitute, can be those thin plastic snap together eggs. The real eggs can be used for actual food instead of coloring the egg. If you are still into hard boiled eggs, then the normal cooking, coloring and detailing can still proceed as usual.

There is one other way, a simple poke from a small needle or tiny drill. The mini-size hole in the top or bottom of the real egg, is to drain out the “eggy” inside stuff. (save for scrambled eggs…) Now, a ready to go, empty, real egg for the design process.

Otherwise, Here is the alternative:

upload_2020-4-12_7-48-3.png
    Unless you have some colorful Sharpie pens, you might want to spray each one a basic yellow or white, whatever is available in your spray can assortment. Or, one each with each spray can. Now, that gives everyone a basic paint decorating pallet.

Jnaki

This year, our granddaughter will still be coloring eggs. But after our Facetime session yesterday, today, they will be using plastic eggs with a simple white, pink, or yellow pastel spray paint. Then the design process can move forward. That way, they can still have fun, but eat the real eggs, as normally as they can, in this “locked in place” situation.

We have preserved the plastic egg’s sprayed on paint and then the colorful designs on some plastic eggs. The final clear spray kept the designs from rubbing off when attacking the egg for the chocolate surprises inside. The real eggs when we were able to use them, just last year, made perfect egg salad sandwiches.

Another way to use real eggs is a little more complicated, but “do-able” for anyone. There are ways to insert pins or a small drill to allow the inside of a real egg to drain. (top and bottom) The holes can be covered with a small dab of clear glue. Then, the hollowed out real eggs will hold up like other special handling items. Now your can have your eggs and eat them, too.

Yum…Easter Bunny, move over…
    upload_2020-4-12_7-49-0.png
    upload_2020-4-12_7-49-44.png
    This just in: Mr. Eggman was out for a stroll and met his old friend, “If it doesn’t go, Chromie” standing on a corner in Winslow, Arizona.

So, he found out that Chromie needed help. So, a comfortable ride back to his home was in store for his chrome buddy, to hunt for chocolate eggs. YES !

Stay safe...

Attached Files:

8. Happy Easter everyone..take care of yourself, your Family’s, stay safe, and healthy...

loudbang, Lil32, Deuces and 3 others like this.
  9. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Happy Easter to all of you and yours . :)

10. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I know that the hardest thing is for some of you to be away from your families.

Maybe some good will come out of this.

I look forward to all the reunions after this difficulty has hopefully passed. Small family reunions. Large reunions. A worldwide reunion. A greater appreciation in the knowledge that we all need each other.
    I hope.
    As Danny says... Keep the faith.

11. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

12. Same back to the HAMB membership. Looking forward to when we can get out and go to car shows, swap meets, races and cruises to hang out with friends.

Hank37, loudbang, Lil32 and 3 others like this.
  13. Happy Easter to everyone! It's a different time this year, with our only contact with family and friends being through some sort of medium, but we still have them. Stay home, and help stop the spread. We'll get through it.

14. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

One of those Mopar Easter eggs would make an excellent shift knob for my 53 Chrysler.

15. Gman0046

Gman0046

Amen on a Day Of Hope. Stay safe my friends.

16. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

Happy Easter to you all! Things will get better again.

loudbang, Lil32, Deuces and 3 others like this.
  17. That would work great until you left your car in the sun with the windows rolled up. :)

18. Happy Easter to Everyone...Be well

loudbang, Lil32, Deuces and 2 others like this.
  19. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

20200410_084037.jpg enjoy the day, looking forward to the future gatherings

20. belair

belair

Happy Easter, bro. Glad you're still here.

Thor1, loudbang, Lil32 and 3 others like this.
  21. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You too, my friend.

Thor1, loudbang, Lil32 and 1 other person like this.
  22. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2020-4-12_15-58-15.png
    Hello,

The teenager in the family got a surprise this Easter morning. A basket full of stuff. The Easter Bunny pail (basket) included a teenager’s most valued gifts, money and candy eggs. Recently, there aren't too many places available to spend the money, but will be saved for another "locked down in place" free week, sometime down the line. Not "Saved for a Rainy Day..." as we have had weeks of rain. The last big one moved and is now in the Midwest/South.
    upload_2020-4-12_16-3-5.png
    It just happened to be some relatives of Mr. Chromie and they were “split” as to who they wanted to spend time during the Easter Egg Celebration afternoon. Those relatives came from the colorful side of shiny family tree. As colorful as they are/were, the chocolate tastes the same. HA! (The continuing story of Mr. Eggman, Mr. Chromie and family... )
    upload_2020-4-12_16-4-45.png
    Jnaki

Happy Easter. This is the first time we have missed the coloring, the celebration and munching down on colorful Easter Eggs or those classic chocolate eggs in 14 years, with our granddaughter. But, a video Facetime get together and a constant stream of texts/photos provided much needed laughter and a feel good afternoon. We did not get to eat those chocolate bunnies or chocolate eggs, but we did raid our candy supply from See’s Candies.

Stay safe and healthy...

23. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Screw the Denver omelet! Detroit Omelet!

loudbang, Lil32, Deuces and 2 others like this.
  24. Hope all enjoyed his day...worked a little on the sleeper - cause it's been sleeping a long time (1972)......pulled the interior out to get a good idea of the floor situation....no pics because it's just a day past the cut off.........

25. tofords

tofords

Happy Easter everyone be safe.

26. Deuces

Deuces

Hope everyone had a great weekend!!!!...

27. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Happy Hotrod/Custom Chocolate Eggs and Bunnies, Easter Hambers...may peace and Health be with you All...​

28. Deuces

Deuces

A man!!!!!..... ;)

29. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Party's over.
    Up and at 'em!
    Lots to do.
    Move your asses!
    If I can't nap... nobody naps!

Thanks for joining in, guys.