Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Jamco 3” drop leaf springs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Unclekeg, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Unclekeg

Unclekeg

Thinking about picking up some Jamco 3” drop leaf springs for my ‘53 Chevy 210. My main concern is bottoming out, which is the situation I’m in now with 3” blocks and worn out leaf springs. No plans for a C notch or any frame modifications. Can anyone with this set up tell me if they have any issues? Thanks in advance.

2. msinclair32

msinclair32

Did anybody reply to you? I have the same question

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

3. Unclekeg

Unclekeg

No response, wound up getting 3” lowering blocks and new leaf springs for the rear. Picked up 2” drop springs and shocks from western chassis for the front. Haven’t had a chance to install them yet though.

4. I have 3" dearched Jamco springs and 3" blocks, modified spring hangers that drop it an additional 2" on my 51' Ford. No issues. Rides good, installed a swaybar and redesigned the shock mounts. Had to cut out the inner quarter wheel well lip tire was rubbing. Can't go any lower without going with air bags. Drive shaft rubs a little on one part of the driveshaft tunnel pinch weld when I have weight in the trunk or people sitting in the back. Other than that no issues!

Unclekeg likes this.

5. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

Also I would suspect that 3" drop is against new springs, not worn out springs. Might mean the difference re bottoming out.