Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Man Has Owned and Driven the Same Ford Model T Pickup Truck for 70 Years

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sgtlethargic, Apr 11, 2020.

1. The37Kid

The37Kid

Thanks! Hope we all get to 87 and are still driving. Bob

2. sliceddeuce

sliceddeuce

Thanks. Great link.

3. OFT

OFT

Nice!! I've only had the oft for about 50 years. It is my daily driver.

4. wow....and still cranks it over by hand ?

5. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Article says the only airconditioning is the kind that comes from opening the windows. Uh, it's a roadster pickup.

sgtlethargic likes this.
  6. mkubacak

mkubacak

The author is an idiot and/or pandering to an audience of idiots.

seb fontana likes this.
  7. catdad49

catdad49

If I make to it 87, I'll be happy if I can feed myself!

Texas Webb likes this.
  8. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

I think the 87 year old has more on the ball than the author!

9. They don't make people like they use too
    I should be the Second guy & I am Sure there are other's
    I bought my 50 Merc. in 51 at a Accident it hit a ell pilar
    coming off the 59 st. Bridge in Queen's NY.
    I Paid 35 dollars for it and have had it ever since, 3 different engines
    and still working on my Car when I can!

Just my 3.5 cents

Live Learn &Die a Fool

Hamtown Al likes this.
  10. What a cool story and whether the reporter knows his head from a hole in the ground it's great he reported it, the owner is a amazing man & still cranks the truck by hand speaks volumes of how much he enjoys his old truck. HRP

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  11. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

My better halfs father is in his mid 80's, still works on the 60 Lincoln convertible that he bought in 63 as well as his 47 Lincoln Convertible. But he has only had the 60 for 58 years. At least both are electric start, but I give him credit for rebuilding the hydraulic wi.ndows on the 47, and the hydraulic top
    on the 61.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
    Gasser 57 likes this.
  12. Hydraulic power windows?

Bandit Billy likes this.
  13. midroad

midroad

Great story. That's what we all hope for.

14. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

yep was a first for me also.

15. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

I had a 53 Cad with hydraulic windows .

16. Stan Back

Stan Back
    from California

Lots of pre-war (WWII) and some post war cars had them. Seats, too. Sure made a mess when something sprung a leak. Didn't do the upholstery much good.

17. Some Packards had hydraulic windows and some 60s (?) Thunderbirds had hydraulic w/s wipers. A big mess too when they started leaking. :mad:

18. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2020-4-14_3-23-39.png 1958 Santa Ana
    Hello,

Great idea! But, only if we are able and not just out of pride. My wife’ dad was still trying to drive at 90 and had his share of scrapes. So, he had to stop. His pride was the most difficult, but my wife and her sister convinced him that it was time to give up his keys/car. Then on the other hand, my wife’s grandfather (mom’s dad) had this giant 1958 Buick and kept driving at least until 92. He and his wife came to our wedding and later on while visiting the small house in Santa Ana, we saw his driving in person.

It was a little scary, but after one more year, he gave up the driving chores due to hitting and scraping the side of his Buick so many times. So, how long will we drive? As long as our health and vision keeps us active and alive, it should go on for quite some time. When this national/worldwide episode of a pandemic is over, I am supposed to teach my granddaughter to drive at age 15.5.

That is a year from now. So, the pandemic and “locked in place” has to be over, otherwise, it will have to be her mom… oh, brother! What a calamity coming up if that is the sole way to learn to drive. My son is also in the same category, so, if this “locked in place” continues, (heaven forbid) teenage driving is about to be doomed in that family.

Jnaki

Hats off to Mr. Pitman for sticking with his original car all of these years. At 87, cranking to start should be a problem, but his continued activity has been ok , so far. When I was a teen, I was given the chore to start a Model T, using a crank. We, being teenagers with no boundaries and lots of he-man abilities, thought it was going to be a “snap.” (pun intended) I almost broke (snapped) my arm and wrist doing this chore. It was a nice car, but for us, cranking was not in the cards.

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  19. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes

Hey guys. Try this while you're stuck at home wondering what else to eat. Super easy, super good. Hot cook-style chocolate pudding poured over vanilla ice cream. You're welcome. LOL

20. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks, sergeant.

Hey guys. Try this while you're stuck at home wondering what else to eat. Super easy, super good. Hot cook-style chocolate pudding poured over vanilla ice cream. You're welcome. LOL