Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Gas prices are falling

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Bad time to be driving a Prius. HaHaHa!

Lil32 likes this.
  2. Gman0046

Gman0046

Gas so cheap and nowheres to go.

Deuces, abe lugo, Lil32 and 1 other person like this.
  3. 03GMCSonoma

03GMCSonoma

Omaha has gas at this price. What really topped it off was I had to pay $1.74 for E-85. That really inhaled excessively!!

4. ... 15 stations in the Detroit area under a buck a gallon for regular ... according to gasbuddy ...
    update
    Costco 30550 Stephenson Hwy near 13 Mile Rd
    Madison Heights
    pooh-bear
    6 hours ago
    update

Sam's Club 31020 John R Rd & E 13 Mile Rd
    Madison Heights
    exmang73

1 hour ago

update
    Mobil 11001 E 7 Mile Rd & Outer Dr E

Detroit
    dat48215guy

4 hours ago
    update

Costco 27118 Gratiot Ave near 11 Mile Rd
    Roseville
    scottdoc19

25 minutes ago
    update

Sam's Club 31720 Gratiot Ave near Masonic Blvd
    Roseville
    skiwi696

47 minutes ago
    update

Costco 45460 Market St near Hall Rd
    Shelby Township
    LetsPetrachini

1 hour ago

update
    Shell 4805 Dixie Hwy & Williams Lake Rd

Waterford
    FuelishGuy

59 minutes ago

update 76 13601 E 7 Mile Rd & Schoenherr St

Detroit
    Cassdan

1 hour ago
    update
    Sam's Club 45600 Utica Park Blvd & Hall Rd
    Utica
    nesahusar
    3 hours ago
    update
    BJ'S WHOLESALE 29329 John R Rd & Dartmouth St
    Madison Heights
    Buddy_myv5un1t
    5 hours ago
    update
    East Track 12800 Seven Mile Rd E & Goulburn
    Detroit
    Mzrobyn1
    5 hours ago

.96 update CITGO 14202 E 8 Mile Rd & Regent Dr

Detroit
    Buddy_p68r79v5
    5 hours ago

.97 update Marathon 15130 Gratiot Ave & Eastburn St

Detroit
    Cassdan

1 hour ago

.97 update Gulf 15000 E 8 Mile Rd & Gratiot Ave

Detroit
    Cassdan

1 hour ago

.98 update Marathon 11000 E 7 Mile Rd & Outer Dr E

Detroit
    terryshtc551

21 hours ago

Deuces and Lil32 like this.
  5. Paid $1.259 for regular today, in NE Cincinnati suburbs. That's no discount price at Costco. All around it's $1.289, but you get $.03 discount with loyalty card which makes it same as Costco.
    What gets me is why diesel has not dropped in the same percentage? Diesel around here is $2.079-2.599 which isn't much less than 2 months ago when all the gasoline drops started.

Sent from dumb operator on a smart phone

6. studebakerjoe

studebakerjoe

Diesel probably hasn't dropped so much since quite a few trucks are still rolling out there delivering. And they don't need any kind of incentive to buy it.

Lil32 likes this.
  7. 6sally6

6sally6

$1.58.9 here at the beach. When we don't have a 'bunch-of-yankees' around..... gas prices get pretty durn reasonable!
    (Calm down...just kidd'in!)
    6sally6

Deuces likes this.
  8. studebakerjoe

studebakerjoe

@wingnutz where in Wisconsin is it .94. My buddy who lives in Racine and I were just talking about gas prices.

9. toml24

toml24

In California the gasoline gallon is taxed at obscened levels: 15 cents for this, 12 cents for that, and so on and so on and so on....................57.8 cents to be exact.

Lil32 likes this.
  10. Keeps dropping here...down to 97.9 and falling.

Deuces likes this.
  11. A847B28B-DFD0-4A47-A603-44BC5EA6483D.jpeg
    It’s never a good time to drive a Prius.

Nicholas Coe, Deuces, Muttley and 2 others like this.
  12. Who cares? I'd rather pay $3.50, people get their jobs back, morons stop hoarding toilet paper like it'll sustain life better than food, and shit get back to normal.

13. Deuces, 37hotrod, Lil32 and 1 other person like this.
  14. Hombre

Hombre

I am glad to hear that there is little traffic and folks driving around were a lot of you guys are. I took my wife yesterday to the drug store to pick up our medicine. In the small town of Guntersville Al you would never know that anything was different from more normal times. People were everywhere all the fast food places had lines for the drive thru and I mean pretty long lines as well. Lots of cars driving around as well. We than drove by one of the dozens of boat ramps, in one of those boat ramps there 24 trucks with trailers, at the other one across the bridge there were 32 trucks with trailers. At a very small boat ramp way out on a country road there were 11 trucks, I have never seen more then 2 or 3 trucks and trailers at that ramp ever. To say that this was dis heartening would be a gross understatement, if we don't take this deal serious then it will take months and months for things to get better.

Uribe likes this.
  15. lowrd

lowrd

Saw $2.45 out here on the left coast, been awhile since I've seen those numbers. Maybe I should move east near Yakima!

16. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,
    As prices are flexible elsewhere in the USA, here are some historic facts about California gas prices since January 2020.

“The weekly California statewide average prices are compiled by the U.S. Department of Energy's Energy Information Administration (EIA) from a telephone survey that includes a sample of 38 California gasoline stations.”
    upload_2020-4-10_5-0-50.png
    Why are the California gas prices higher than elsewhere?
    “According to the American Petroleum Institute, Californians now pay 80.45 cents per gallon in total federal and state gasoline taxes (including federal and state excise taxes). The price increased by 5.6 cents per gallon on July 1 thanks to another gas tax increase courtesy Senate Bill 1, the $52 billion gas tax increase enacted by the Legislature in 2017.

In yet another ranking where number one is not a good thing, Californians now pay the highest combined state and federal gasoline taxes in the nation.

But that’s not all. State government regulations on oil production in California have added even more to the price of gasoline paid by Golden State drivers.

Adopted as part of California’s efforts to address global warming, the state’s low carbon fuel standard currently adds around 16 cents per gallon to the price of gas. And these costs will increase. A December 2018 report by California’s nonpartisan Legislative Analyst’s office predicts that the low carbon fuel standard will increase to approximately 46 cents per gallon by the year 2030.

Separately, the controversial cap-and-trade program, which was extended by the State Legislature in 2017, is estimated to add about 13 cents per gallon presently to the price of gas, according to the Legislative Analyst’s office. This too is expected to increase in the coming years.

So, the next time you have to dig deep into your wallets to fill up, remember that you have Sacramento to thank for adding to the misery that we’re all experiencing just to buy the gas we need to drive to work or school.”
    upload_2020-4-10_5-3-10.png

Normally, the coastal beach towns and cities have higher gasoline costs than inland 15 miles. The demand dictates the prices as the market predicts. It has been that way at least since 1960, but back then who cared how much gas was at the pumps. The beach towns are a little expensive, but that is the price people pay to live in coastal So Cal. Daily drivers usually have shorter commutes, but those that don’t have shorter commutes, still pay higher in the coastal towns or get gas inland 10-20 miles away.

Jnaki

Update locally: The gas stations are relatively empty as we have all filled up our gas tanks. Why? Who knows…it is all part of the national outlook. I was going to say “national fever”, but, that has a negative aura. Plenty of gas, no driving around needlessly, so the result will be lower cost for car insurance during this time period or all of 2020.

Stay safe and locked in place…

toml24 likes this.
  17. pirate

pirate
    from Alabama

1.60 in lower Alabama along I-10

Deuces likes this.
  18. Uribe

Uribe

Hasnt changed much here in Santa maria California, its about 3.60

Deuces likes this.
  19. Spring Planting Season is started. those big diesel tractors use a lot of fuel.

20. No it will never get better until 80% of the population gets the Rona and we develop herd immunity. Mexico is doing virtually nothing and the have a grand total of 53 deaths. When you flatten the curve. You widen it out. You just drag it out & make it take longer to end up with the same end result

Muttley likes this.
  21. Hombre

Hombre

That makes no sense at all. Here the country is making huge sacrifices to try and get this thing behind us, and you want to infect 80% of the population? lets see here the population if the country is 330,000,000 roughly so 80% of that is 264,000,000. The world wide death rate seems to be around 4% so you are saying we need to sacrifice 10,460,000 people for what? So that you can go to a swap meet or a damn car show? Or do you have other big plans that call for you to be out among folks? For what possible reason do we need to hurry? I don't give a flying fart what Mexico is saying there death rate is. Not for one minute do I believe that Mexico has only lost 53 people to this virus, hell we have states that have lost more than that even with the steps we are taking.

lonejacklarry likes this.
  22. saw it for $1.84 in Rockford, Il. about 4 weeks ago, about an hour south of Rockford, here it's $1.95

23. Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
  24. papajohn

papajohn

Thanks to tax happy Governor Cuomo, Buffalo NY is still $2.20 to $2.40 per gallon.

25. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

^^^^^ Papa John!, New York! I swear this pandemic has me looking in the frig more than usual but now I wanna pizza for which the freezer does not have.

Nicholas Coe and papajohn like this.
  26. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So true. 2 of Chinas largest cities report no deaths and are a few hundred miles from the center and we have thousands dying 12,000 miles from it. I believe we a probably the only country telling the truth. China sure isn’t and there is no way anywhere else.
    When this is over the guys who will make the most $$$$$$ will be the suppliers of safety gear needed, not the manufacturer. Since a $.60 N95 costs now cost $5.00....

27. With the lower gas prices and barrel of crude oil , state of Alaska's economy has been gradually failing. This has been going on for the past 3 years . My entire states infrastructure rely s on the oil revenue generated by the oil companies. They have laid off over 70% of the north slopes work force also . With that and now this virus , my state is in a serious state of recession more so than any other state. There are 1100 people leaving my town per month , headed back to America . This is not good for Alaska's economy. Our fuel just dipped below $2.00 per gallon earlier this week.
    Thanks for reading my sob story
    Vic

28. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

With cheap gas and stir crazy car folk this shit might be worse than a virus with a 98+% recovery rate. Should we be smart and responsible? Sure, because the "science" isn't as accurate as our version of period correct (think about that one;)). I'm gearing up my mojo to take the 47 Cad conv for a drive. Not stopping anywhere, just a nice 40-50 mile drive in the rural S.E. Mich area. Cops? My answer is ready:

Officer; "What are you doing?"

Me; "Well I was social distancing til you brought your happy ass to my window."

So that said who can I call for bail money if the guy's a total dick?

1935streetrod, Muttley and 37hotrod like this.
  29. Regular grade was $1.99 , mid grade was $2.19.. super $2.29 in Fife, Wa

30. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

I just filled my OT pickup, gas was $1.62 per gallon. I buy from the local Hyvee store and had fuel saver card with 63 cents per gallon off so I actually paid 99 cents per gallon. What a deal