Register now to get rid of these ads!

1953 F100 Frame dimensions & wheelbase

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CharlieLed, Jul 6, 2006.

1. CharlieLed

CharlieLed

I am trying to find the best way to get a disassembled 53 F100 moved from 500 miles away. I would like to fly into the city where it's located, rent a moving truck, and then drive one-way home. The pickup is almost completely in pieces so loading up a 16 foot rental truck shouldn't pose too much of a problem with the exception of the frame.
    Is the F100 frame longer than 16 foot overall? How much difference is there between the short wheelbase and the long wheelbase version with regards to frame length? I have been googling my butt off looking for these specs...always come back to the HAMB where I know I can get the straight poop. Thanks...

2. Dale Fairfax

Dale Fairfax
    Member Emeritus

Frame length on the F-100 short bed is 15' 4" (+ or - .5 "). The long bed is about 18" longer (6.5' foot bed vs 8' bed). I did't measure the wheelbase since it's well under the O.A. frame length.

3. CharlieLed

CharlieLed

Thanks Dale, I should be able to fit this frame into the truck no problem. Penske only wants $179 to rent the truck but the car trailer is $542!

4. sideshow01

sideshow01
    from Dirty Jerz

I beleive the wheelbase is 110".

-B

5. CharlieLed

CharlieLed

I just got back with the F100...the chassis fit into the back of the 16' rental truck with a 1/2 inch to spare! After I got the leaves and other crap hosed off I come to find that the whole suspension has already been gone through; backing plates, gas tank, third member, straight axle, and all hardware look new with fresh gold finish (cadmium plate?). I am still not sure about what 302 engine came with it but I'll get some better pics posted tonight...