Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Sold the truck, bought a car ('53 Desoto)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hillbilly4008, Sep 29, 2010.

1. chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. Actually most of us who are capable of thinking know that the back seat safest deal is because of front airbags. But you are correct getting a curtain monkey or an aging hot rodder in and out of the back is way easier with suicide doors.

That said when I was writing and shooting in the '90s I shot a Merc custom that was a more door because it was a more door. It was actually originally a Wisconsin based custom built in the early '60s and upgraded/personalized in the '90s. Beautiful car and you are absolutely correct with all 4 doors open it was just cool.

hillbilly4008 likes this.
  3. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

Dang, back from the dead. I took a few years off from cars after I let this one go. I had another "diaper dragger" as porknbeaner calls them, I couldn't juggle 2 kids, a car addiction, and a jeep addiction all at the same time. I'm back now, and have a few more irons in the fire

My "when I feel ambitious" toy
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...-t-speedster-attempt-2.1176288/#post-13353445

and my someday cruiser. Its not going to get nearly as customized as the Desoto was, just subtle touches. I've got the itch to pull this one back into the shop lately...
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/hillbillys-pontiac.1125890/

Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
  4. I would say that I never missed you but that would just be rude. ;)

Welcome back, I think you have been back for a minute haven't ya? :cool:

By the way I have actually perused both of your projects. I like speedsters but they are about as useful as my current project. That poncho is da bomb though. I won't tell ya what I would do with it because it is way to Mexican for most. But I am really digging that old Pontiac. (like the speedester project too just the Pontiac better)

5. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

I been back for about a year and a half, just not a regular until the past few months.

I think the ponch would make a good bomb. I'd listen to anything you'd like to share Beaner