Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs AVS2 carb

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by watain, Apr 8, 2020.

1. watain

watain

Hi all, I have a 55 dodge pickup that will be my daily driver (spring thru fall). I have an older low mile targetmaster 350 with an Edelbrock intake I'm installing. I was thinking about putting on the new Edelbrock AVS2 500 cfm 4 bbl. Anyone hear anything about them that might want me to go a different route? I emailed Edelbrock to see if they possibly had a set up for 2 2bbl carbs for something a little different but they never got back to me. Thanks for any help.

2. Gasoline Junkie

Gasoline Junkie

For a daily driver it's hard to beat an Edelbrock, and the AVS2 is supposed to be an improvement over the tried and true performer series. I'm actually going to be running an AVS2 on my Chevy

3. Mike VV

Mike VV
    from SoCal

Just a good old fashioned Edelbrock carburetor with a couple of "good" updates.
    The adjustable secondary door is a great addition.

Funny, I bought one for a car that I'm putting together. The same 500cfm, AVS2.
    I then changed my mind and bought a slightly larger Quick Fuel (Holley clone) and put the Edelbrock back into its box.

In any case, it's a good carburetor, I've used Carter/Edelbrock carburetors for years, and would not be afraid to use them today especially the (sorta) new AVS2.

NOTE - On a 350, I would suggest a 600cfm, AVS2 over the 500cfm version.
    Just my nickles worth.

Mike

town sedan likes this.
  4. watain

watain

I figured on the 500 'cause I was looking for better gas mileage. Not a tire burner.

Hnstray and nunattax like this.

5. Mike VV

Mike VV
    from SoCal

Something to think about...you'll need to be "into" the throttle "more" with the smaller carburetor than the 600. A 600cfm carburetor for a 350 is NOT large..!
    I still say, the 600.
    Performance sizing, is going to a 750 or larger..!

Your car, your money...

Mike

town sedan likes this.
  6. watain

watain

Just might bump up from the 500, thanks-

7. George

George

If you run the usual "rule of thumb" carb calculations 500 would seem to be enough, well either comes out about 550..

8. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Considering the 350 ran pretty well on a two bbl, probably 300 cfm or less, your engine should run fine on 500 cfm for the type of driving you mention.

I recently bought the new AVS2 for my project engine.........I think it was a good choice

Ray