Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage LA Roadster Show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by krylon32, Mar 14, 2020.

1. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

No one knows how long this virus will go on. Be interesting if they have it under control by June? It will be a tough decision for the guys in the LA Roadsters to have the show or not? I'm sure their decision will be predicated by what the government regulations say. We can only hope.

Lil32 and Flathead Dave like this.
  2. Gary, with the current state of affairs we just have to take a wait and see attitude, I heard last night even the next 2 NASCAR races are canceled. HRP

dana barlow likes this.
  3. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Sent my app in for Back to the 50's a couple weeks ago. Been going for 28 years! I thought about this subject last night, Almost 12,000 pre 1965 cars and trucks and countless people from all over . Same with the Jefferson swap meet the end of April , been doing that spring and fall for 30 years. The crowds there have been getting smaller the last few years. I do not know if Gary would cancel but it could be a little lonely this spring. My wife goes to the Midwest Horse show in Madison every year, attracts 10's of thousands to town. Got the email this morning it is cancel too. Stay safe everyone! Larry

4. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

Setting here trying to set up my show calendar right now.I heard Dr say that when the weather warms up the virus should slow down. Most places right now are conducive for virus. Says DR. B.A.

5. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

Yes I just read that the NASCAR races will be canceled

6. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

As this virus moves around the country I'm more concerned with the numbers of people who will be affected. Theres more than a few old farts here and in the automotive world that are going to be hit with it and by the sound of it we don't survive it the best. So I guess I'm more concerned about the people than the events that don't happen.

7. Special Ed

Special Ed

The Roadster Show is held annually at the Los Angeles County Fairgrounds in Pomona. It'll be up to the honchos at the Los Angeles County board of supervisors and their minions, not the Roadster Club, to make that call. Remember, there's lots of graybeards in this demographic.
    Be patient ... this too shall pass. :cool:

Lil32, Happydaze, oldiron 440 and 3 others like this.
  8. You both make a valid point, we make up a large percentage of the individuals the corona virus targets. HRP

tractorguy likes this.
  9. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Wonder if I'd clean shave off my graybeard and die what hair I have left if that would help?

Hamtown Al, OLDSMAN, teach'm and 4 others like this.
  10. Postponed as of right now.

11. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wash your hands a lot & we'll see what goes down.

Hamtown Al, Lil32 and deucemac like this.
  12. Don has been a club member forever. If I hear from him it's cancelled, or postponed, that's when I'll believe it.

Hamtown Al, catdad49, Lil32 and 2 others like this.
  13. exterminator

exterminator

Hope the LARS has toilet paper in it's bathrooms.;)

hotrodjack33 likes this.
  14. They should probably tell people to carry their own. If it is in the bathrooms it will probably be stolen leaving the next guy with a problem.

Charlie Stephens

hotrodjack33 likes this.
  15. hudson48

hudson48

16. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Dean,---I'll post at first notice.

Dean Lowe likes this.
  17. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

There will probably be vendors near the restrooms selling toilet paper...………..

18. fcarnut

fcarnut

I just got this and in the process of varifing
    upload_2020-4-6_17-6-46.jpeg

Lil32 likes this.
  19. Website says it's cancelled. :(

Lil32 likes this.
  20. Lil32

Lil32

will cancel my plane ticket

21. Dave Rondou

Dave Rondou

Bummer Lil32

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
    Lil32 likes this.
  22. Fogger

Fogger

Although we'll all miss the Roadster show it's a wise decision to postpone until 2021. There was an article in the local paper that the Sheridan Fairplex Hotel will/is being used as a hospital extension for covid patients. Hope all stay safe and look forward to next year.

Lil32 likes this.
  23. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

TRUE!!---------We'll be back next year strong!!

Dean Lowe and Hamtown Al like this.
  24. Happydaze

Happydaze
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Terrible shame, but I'm sure it's the right thing to do and to announce it early too. I don't see this virus shit being remotely safely over by Fathers Day; but hopefully past the worst of it by then. Keep safe all.

Chris

Lil32 likes this.
  25. Gman0046

Gman0046

DR. B.A. Forget about Louisville. The State is converting the Exhibition Halls into a 2000 bed hospital. No way the NSRA Nats will take place this year. Doubt normalcy will return any time this year.

Gary

Lil32 likes this.
  26. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Our Governor said schools are closed until next fall. More “honey do” items coming . :oops: I can feel it in my bones . Going to order some more parts for old “Effie” and plead for some balance . ;)

Lil32 likes this.
  27. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

Guys, if this shit isn't over by the middle of June, we'll have bigger things to worry about then a car show. I don't believe the economy can stay shut down that long, I think we'll be going into an economic depression the likes of the 1930's. 2 weeks was fine. 4 weeks is pushing it. 6 weeks, the end of April had better be the end of it, and starting back to work in May, or we're in deep s*#t. By June we should be back into full swing.

hotrodjack33, Lil32 and Gman0046 like this.
  28. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

plan for the worst, and hope for the best - no one has the solution to this whole situation right now - can not proclaim a specific "back to normal" date - this thread is about the LA Roadster Show/Swap being cancelled - already threads about the dilemma that we are all in

Lil32 likes this.
  29. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@Blues4U hit the nail on the head. The economic repercussions of this nationwide shut down will be with us for years. Now they're talking about 2n & 3rd waves of the virus...this could run into months

CAR SHOWS; There probably will be NO car shows this summer. I coordinate 2 local shows (July & Aug.) and we have canceled both. Car shows take MONTHS of pre-show preparation, planning, meetings, coordination and legwork...none of which can be done now. How can you do those months of planning when you don't even know if your show venue will be available ? You can't.