Register now to get rid of these ads!

Newb from Florida 2nd intro...

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by 55longroof, Apr 8, 2020.

1. 55longroof

55longroof

Sorry wbrw32, I'll try and re start my intro by saying that at age 12 I had rigged a Briggs on my bicycle and was the fastest kid on the block, at 14 I bought a 65 GTO no drivetrain, put a 396 off a 68 impala a 4 speed off a 442 and a 12 bolt rear off a chevelle, and was still the fastest kid on the block. By then I had figured that Petrol was running in my veins, so at 17 I got a job at THE STREET ROD SHOP, with an old guy that taught me a lot. My first "assignment" was to box the frame on a 32, install a corvair front susp. And a Jaguar rear independent susp. Chopped it 3 in. Build and install a small block, tilt tele off a caddy, etc etc. at nights I'd build engines for my friends narrow rear ends etc. Drag raced a 67 camaro in between. Then at 20 went on to being the mechanic at a corvette resto shop. In my 30s and married with children I became a master tech at a Honda dealership, (boring but payed the bills) until recently at 60 I was forced to retire due to physical disability. My plan now that I have time, is to sell the 50 Plymouth, go full circle and build another 32 for myself as my last "assignment" and no it won't have a corvair front end!

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

Really just ignore him......rarely benefits this site at all.

Nice cars and good story. Welcome!

B Bay Barn and 270dodge like this.
  3. 270dodge

270dodge
    from Ohio

Nice intro. Sounds like you have it all in one sock! I think that you'll do well here.
    Read and understand the pesky rules as that will possibly save some grief later.
    Some stand in front of the house and yell at the kids "Get off my lawn."
    You'll meet some nice folks here also.
    Welcome to the H.A.M.B.

4. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi & welcome from another 50 Plymouth owner. Jimmie

5. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

Welcome from Detroit.

Sounds like a great plan.

Good luck.