Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Titus goes all in, big vintage parts warehouse buy out!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by titus, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Deuces

Deuces

Holy crap Batman!...:eek::confused:

2. Budget36

Budget36

Inventoried yet? Gotta be a big project for sure.

loudbang likes this.
  3. manyolcars

manyolcars

how can we buy?

loudbang and nochop like this.
  4. Deuce Lover

Deuce Lover

With this Auction company you better be there to bid and buy.I bid on line on one lot (Ford collection,MN)and from when the pictures were taken to the auction day the parts I wanted were removed(pocketed by sticky fingers).The people the hired to lay the parts out are thieves.Yes I complained and got a call from the Auction company CEO and total refund. Never again with them.

micksmith, chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  5. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  6. raven

raven

Any Olds 394 pulleys in the lot?
    r

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

7. You have your work cut out for you.
    Good luck.
    Vic

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  8. Can everyone say in unison................"HOLY SHIT".:eek:

9. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

That's a bummer but it's good to know they made good on the refund. Grafe has been around forever and very reputable. I'd doubt it was one of the Grafe employees (if they were going to pocket something, it would've probably been before the photos were taken). I'd wager it was a "bidder" that lifted the items when they paid for/picked up their adjacent winning lot on pay/pick up day (unless Grafe pulled the winning lots for shipment before pick up day?). If the items were small, they could have even been pocketed on 'preview' day. Whatever the case, it sucks that a thief spoiled your buy.

Most any auction I've attended that has hundreds of small lots, it's pretty much an honor system when it comes to previews (couple of employees vs. dozens of lookers in a large warehouse and or yard). Pick up day is similar. Once you pay, you're pretty much on your own to pick up your stuff and head out.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  10. titus

titus

sorry to hear the problem you had, i can tell you its deffinately not the people that set up the auction, its generally bad buyers and people previewing the auctions, the people setting up alot of these auctions dont really have a clue to as what parts are, were you talking about the little dearborn auctions? if so i can tell you it was a way overwhelming project, and i helped alot on it, there were always people roming around and looking at parts so it was very hard to keep track of everthing. Grafe always does their best to make things right with the buyer.

Now as to the auctions im putting on....i personally set them up, i am also personally there for inspection days and i am also personally there during the pick up days and am also helping buyers with shipping. im a OCD rule follower and make sure everything stays in place and nothing gets messed up, me being a person that buys at auctions also know the frustrations of that happening and like to keep that from happening.

I hope my post isnt to spammy, ive been posting for years on the hamb and figured some free advertising and showing some people what ive been up to is fine!

-Brent-, raven, weps and 4 others like this.
  11. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

Man, I love car stuff but this gives me a headache !!! :eek: If your happy, I'm happy for you. All that would overwhelm me.

12. Looks like Hershey should come to him...

-Brent- and raven like this.
  13. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

If it was a live auction, I'd go.

14. fleetside66

fleetside66

I'm glad I was sitting down when I saw this post, Jeff. I saw more than a few gauges in those piles. I hope you found some good ones for your collection. It's is a big & scary endeavor, but you had to do it. Good luck with it all!

15. titus

titus

best gauge i found in the lot was a nos 2-5/8 curved glass cresent needle smooth bezel oil temp gauge!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  16. titus

titus

still hauling back more parts from Texas, hoping to wrap it up in the next 6 months or so, its been a long and slow process cause there is just so much quantity, i do have another auction set up with the auction house and am going back down to texas soon to load more parts!! ill have to get some fresh pics next time im down. another customer added some parts and cars to this auction
    IMG_1375.jpg

17. Jeebus Jeff, you are a glutton for punishment. We hope the Cities open up some this spring. Lavin I want to come up there. We will make time to visit you and Jen and go grab some mexican and a beer with Raul.

18. titus

titus

Yep, i love work :) sounds like a plan! even if Mn isnt open we can still cross the board into Wi!

Tickety Boo, Tman and chryslerfan55 like this.