Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Fiberglass Deuce Bodies

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sedantudor, Apr 5, 2020.

1. sedantudor

sedantudor

Greetings All,

Since I have had plenty of time on my hands sitting in quarntine, I have been giving thought to 32 build. Having a family which all three kids are daughters, money is not exactly falling out of the trees. This led me on a search. I started looking at fiberglass bodies. What I am looking for is chopped five window with as much of the "stock" items as possible with a rumble seat. I typically have been more into the fat fendered cars but have been wanting to a deuce for some time. My question is, does anyone have a suggestions for a body that will meet the requirements (other than a steel car...again, not a ton of money) and any suggestions on a chassis? Appreciate the info all. Stay Healthy and thanks.

dana barlow likes this.
  2. Far be it from me to try and discourage anyone's dream but with 3 girls a chopped 5 window coupe with a rumble seat probably won't fit the bill, how about a glass 2 door sedan? HRP

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    Outback, Montana1, Pewsplace and 8 others like this.
  3. LM14

LM14
    Member Emeritus
    from Iowa

4. The37Kid

The37Kid

I was going to mention New Age Motorsports as well, they will build a chassis too. Bob

5. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

How old will the girls be when the car is finished? If teenagers build the coupe it gets hard to have them all in one place or even have them go with you at that age.

Lil32, loudbang, Kan Kustom and 2 others like this.
  6. BeeBop makes a very nice 5 window body. HRP

loudbang likes this.
  7. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

loudbang likes this.
  8. sedantudor

sedantudor

Luckily for me, my oldest and middle daughter are about to be driving and they are fighting over who will drive the tudor sedan if.....the five window comes into play. The youngest will still be a passenger for a while. Who makes the sedan?

loudbang likes this.
  9. Dennis D

Dennis D

I would avoid a F/G body manufactured in Ill.

loudbang, A Boner and Nicholas Coe like this.
  10. 48stude

48stude

^^^^ DITTO ^^^^^

loudbang, A Boner and Nicholas Coe like this.
  11. If you do decide to go with a fiberglass car....
    Please choose my friends at New Age Motorsports. Ed and Chris are great guys. Each of their bodies are made with quality materials and excellent craftsmanship. Please ask me any questions you want.

Nick

(Proud to say that's my car in the advertisement) bellposter.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

12. County line in Pauline,South Carolina makes a sedan & a sedan delivery, Harwood also makes a 2" chopped sedan body. HRP

Nicholas Coe and loudbang like this.
  13. ekimneirbo

ekimneirbo

It would help to know what area of the country you live in. Then people can recommend something within a reasonable distance from you. Bebob displays some nice bodies at the Nationals in Louisville each year along with some other manufacturers. While fiberglass is less expensive, I wouldn't get something that doesn't have a good reputation already just to save money on the initial purchase.

14. A Boner

A Boner

I’m pretty sure that Harwood sold their 32 molds to some guy in Michigan, many years ago. Think he might not be in business anymore.....anyone know for sure?

Montana1 and loudbang like this.
  15. sedantudor

sedantudor

Agreed. I live in PA

ekimneirbo and loudbang like this.
  16. 2019 32 sedan delivery with mags.jpg
    Sold to a very large fiberglass mfg company, Mark Little (Halfmoon Hot Rods) in Kansas is their distributor. XLNT bodies I had 1 of their (Harwood) Se 2019 32 sedan delivery with mags.jpg 2019 32 sedan delivery with mags.jpg dan Delivery's

Lil32, 48stude and big duece like this.
  17. Danny I always knew that your sedan was glass. LOL

That is a nice looking sedan body. @Nicholas Coe I would have never guessed that was a glass coupe. Lots of good looking glass bodies here. Gawd knows I would have to ask.

@sedantudor if you are building on a budget and don't have a line on an original frame I would have to suggest that you build your own. here is a link to a HAMB thread on repop rails. hope it helps.
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...ails.946003/&usg=AOvVaw3ZAqF7IjgUhX09sJvqREJw

dana barlow and Nicholas Coe like this.
  18. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

Your family is going to out grow the coupe very quickly. Think about a two or four door sedan.

Nicholas Coe likes this.
  19. In my family when I was a kid it was just my big sister and me. We never had more that the roadster or a coupe. Granted we were a 20th century atomic family and not a modern family.

I got an idea that if I had been raised in North Dakota or someplace where the mercury drops below zero much I would not want to ride very far in the rumble seat. LOL

Desoto291Hemi and Nicholas Coe like this.
  20. Check the HAMB classifieds..might be better off

Nicholas Coe likes this.
  21. That's a wonderful compliment. Thank you. I'm really blessed to have the car. IMG_20191218_120128-1.jpeg IMG_20191218_120105.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

bowie, dana barlow and Desoto291Hemi like this.
  22. missysdad1

missysdad1

If this were my situation I'd give some very careful thought to the rumble seat idea. They might have been great when these cars were new, but they are pure misery at anything over about 35 miles per hour. A sedan would be a much better choice if back seat comfort is important to you.

Lil32 and Fordor Ron like this.
  23. alchemy

alchemy

I rode in a rumbleseat at 65 MPH for an hour trip once. Once.

Desoto291Hemi, Hnstray, Lil32 and 2 others like this.
  24. ekimneirbo

ekimneirbo

Perhaps the logic behind building a coupe is that ya don't have to make excuses why the kids can't go..........:D
    Anyone who has been on a long trip with kids will understand. Sometimes the only whine you want to hear is the motor.

Lil32 and CobraJoe like this.
  25. A Boner

A Boner

EDIT: Guess the molds went to Halfmoon Hot Rods in Kansas!

26. Thomas K.

Thomas K.

Really like my 32 BeBop body.

Nicholas Coe likes this.
  27. FORD FAN

FORD FAN

I would get a Model A coupe before a fiberglass '32 . They are fairly plentiful and reasonable vs a '32. I would also get a Deuce sedan ,even a 4 door, before fiberglass. Just my opinion

28. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

I wonder if a fiberglass body will save you much by the time you buy all the little pieces that are not included. With the dump the economy is taking I suspect over the next few months there will be a lot of better priced rods hitting the market, esp the tudor/moredor sedans. Coupes and roadsters will probably take a little longer.

29. Gman0046

Gman0046

With the Streetrod market now in the toilet, there has to be a lot out there for sale much cheaper then the build price. You could be driving sooner rather then later while saving money.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
    j3harleys and CobraJoe like this.