Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features TEN Publishing Cancelled Magazine Refund

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lucas doolin, Jan 16, 2020.

1. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I had 2 issues of Street Rodder left on my subscription when they took a shit. Got an email offering me some shit, I haven't bothered to answer it.
    I hope the bastards choke on the paper for those 2 issues.

2. gsnort

gsnort
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What I'll really miss is the Street Rodder Annual road tour with Jerry Dixey. I've been on them for years. Jerry is one heckuva gear head.

poss51kustom likes this.
  3. ...I'm already missin Street Rodder among others,..but I did get 2 issues of Hot Rod, both the same issue?...just canceled my sub to that, Hot Rod ain't what it used to be, all new-fangled stuff now, nothing of interest to me ) supposed to get a refund...
    ..I sure wish they would've kept Hot Rod Deluxe going, that was a great mag.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
    seb fontana likes this.
  4. papajohn

papajohn

Woo Hoo! I got my refund! Most of it anyways. $53.44

5. IT is DEAD

6. Thanks for the alternate phone number. I reached Charlene after about a 2 minute hold and will receive $41.00 back for Hot Rod Deluxe that I had on automatic renewal and never got charged $29.95 for Street Rodder since they say they stopped processing any orders in November.

7. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

Well i bought 5mags at the nats.Ten say they cant do anything but offer Hot Rod subcripton, or the motor trend app thing.Gave me the number of who i bought from He told me they offered him 30%.
    To send back to me. I have my doubts if I get that. 30% of 250.00 Subscription.I can't help but believe that all involved knew this was coming.I will refrain from the words i want to use.

8. saltracer219

saltracer219

I recieved my refund check a few days ago as promised.

9. Bruce_C

Bruce_C

I just called, I got thru fairly quickly, less than 5 minutes. I had renewed my cancelled mags thru amazon, so they could only add months to one of their existing magazines - so I did that

10. Gizzy

Gizzy
    from N.W,Ohio

UPDATE: I received my refund today .Ms. Olivia doesn't lie

11. maneri

maneri
    from ohio

I got 3 out of 4 checks in todays mail takes about a month

12. primed34

primed34

I had no problems when I called. My check is in the mail ( I hope). Still going to miss Hot Rod Deluxe.

13. Bigmac48

Bigmac48
    from Dundalk Md

Is hop up still lagit or don't take the chance ? Thanks

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  14. Speed~On

Speed~On

Yep, Hop Up is still legit. Too Legit To Quite in fact. They just came out with Volume 15 and it's great. It's the first "Annual" and will be followed up by a few more smaller mags this year.

[​IMG]

15. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Cool - hopupmagazine.com

16. nosnhojguy

nosnhojguy

received my last three rebate checks today

17. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

Received the rebate checks from SR & CC. awaiting (not holding breath) HRD.
    Just deposited them, we'll see if they clear... :D .
    Marcus...

18. Bigmac48

Bigmac48
    from Dundalk Md

19. Bigmac48

Bigmac48
    from Dundalk Md

Speed -on , thank you

20. tred

tred

On a side note, Hagerty Insurance had me enrolled in the "Driver's Club" at no additional fee. that also gives me a one year subscription to MotorTrend on Demand, and the package with NO commercials.
    If you are insuring any of your cars through Hagerty, ask them about getting this, especially right now being laid off due to the common cold, I watch a lot of programs they offer, all at no additional charge to me.

21. tjm73

tjm73

I found out that the "free offer" requires me to sign up for recurring billing of the video service that I then had to remember to cancel. I hate those "deals". Let me sign up for the free period and if I like it let me decide to continue my subscription and actively renew. Don't hope I'll forget and you get to charge me till I realize it. It's shady.

22. tred

tred

hmmf, that's not what happened in my case. wonder why the different treatment with you...

23. Photogs189

Photogs189

Today I received my $20.99 refund for Street Rodder.
    Check was dated 3/15/2020.
    Took about 3 weeks.

Check was from The Enthusiast Network.

24. Thanks OP for starting this thread. I called today and they are issuing a refund. I'd have missed out if it wasn't for you.

25. Mike Woolson

Mike Woolson

I have a bit different story. I bought a three year subscription at the good guys west coast nationals last August through the booth there.

When I got the letter in the mail with the junk magazine titles offered I inquired about back wanting a refund and they said your subscription was purchased from 1 source publisher so I'd have to hunt them down. I called and got nothing but their answering machine so I finaly after two months of BS I reported them to the BBB and instantly got a guy Larry emailed me with no records on file. I provided him the requested info and got a line that they were no longer dealing with Ten publications and all I can get is $16 credit but larry would pay me $25 out of his pocket. I had played $50 WTF!!

I also found out the tshirt I received when I signed up was not free as stated!

LESSON LEARNED do not buy a subscription unless it's from the magazine itself!

26. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

Although it is looking like there may not be a nats this year,but if it is I’m sure 1 source will be there selling. I hope they are!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

27. primed34

primed34

Got my refund check last week. It's already cashed.:)

28. ...over 2 months ago I contacted TEN for a refund on several mags, they said I'd get a refund in 4-6 weeks, ...nothin...contacted again, said they are checking into it,...still waitin.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
  29. johnc451

johnc451

I made the call to Ms Olivia back in Jan. With all that is going on , that refund was not really on my mind. Today I got two refund checks-one for my subscription and another for the gift I gave to a friend for his 70th. I was a long time subscriber to SR and I am sorry they went out. But at least they met their obligation as I read that many of us have been re-inbursed.