Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 54 Chevy glove box

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by smurftastic, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Behind the glove box door of my 54 is nothing whatsoever. Previous owners insurance info is taped to the back of the door. I’m not 100% sure what I’m supposed to have - I see liners for sale but not sure if I’m missing a sheet metal box for the liner to line, or if the liner is all there is. Any help would be appreciated.

2. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

3. Yep. What he says. Order the screw kit also.

4. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi. Chevs of the 40's will have what you need. There is just the cardboard box and it screws to the dash around its front edges. I bought a ton of stuff from them when restoring my 46 coupe and no problems with any of it.
    If Chevs happens to be out of stock on something try www.fillingstation.com .
    Jimmie

VANDENPLAS likes this.

5. 24riverview

24riverview

6. 62rebel

62rebel

The term "liner" is the source of confusion, it seems. Logic would dictate that a "liner" would go inside the glove box. Another of those car terms that makes no sense under close inspection.

smurftastic likes this.
  7. to further this, does anyone sell or has anyone made one out of thin plywood as opposed to the cardboard?

8. I made one out of thin sheet metal and rivets for my 50 Chevy
    Could not justify buying a cardboard box !!
    Lol

9. goldmountain

goldmountain

Made mine out of sheet metal too. I keep on hacking away and welding to clear All the other stuff I have mounted back there.

Sent from my SM-T350 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app