Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Cornhuskers Rod & Custom Rules!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TERPU, Apr 4, 2020.

1. TERPU

TERPU

While ordering Hot rod parts seems very trivial at this stage of the game we are in at the moment, and even more silly is putting the UPS man into harms way for something as selfish as a QC.

But I have a thank you that needs to be posted.

Before all this unforeseen craziness and chaos we are experiencing came about and I mean right before a simple guy (me) ordered a QC he'd been selling parts and saving to get from Gary at Cornhuskers. Now I ordered this on a recommendation from a friend. I thank Flip for turning me Gary's way.

When you order a QC it takes a week or two for it to be ready for shipping. They make 'em fresh at Winters. This is a great thing because you get what you want and how you want it.

So QC ordered money sent all is good. Well not so fast apparently China decided to go and throw a giant wrench in the World as we know it. I'm not blaming China, hell it could have come from anywhere. but never the less this particular very nasty bug came straight from China it is what it is. My QC did not however it came from Winters via Gary at Cornhuskers. This is where the story and the thank you comes in.

I called Gary to check on my stuff, he assured me he would check on it. Something about how he said it made me feel very at ease. You know what he did check on it and kept me updated. Some of you are saying "big deal" but lemme tell you in today's world a man of his word is rare. More than once I've had to hunt down, go see, collect, and even re-procure funds because some ass hat didn't see the shame in having no integrity.

Gary at Cornhuskers made sure my QC arrived and I thank him for that. This could have turned into a colossal shit show. But because Gary is a man of his word I received a very prized piece for a car I truly love. Honestly right now I wouldn't have even blamed them if it didn't ever make it, there's hard times coming for sure and with it a huge bundle of uncertainty.

Thank you Gary for being a stand up guy. I have enjoyed working with you on this and look forward to more things in the future. Stay safe, stay healthy, and if I can ever do anything to help you please let me know.

All the best - Tim

PS - I know we are a photo oriented bunch so here's the pictures to make it all better

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

2. The kind of stories that make the HAMB and members a true breed.Thanks Tim.

TERPU and loudbang like this.
  3. Gary Is a great guy to do business with, I recommend him and his company highly. HRP

chryslerfan55, TERPU and loudbang like this.
  4. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

That’s the peeps you want do business with :cool:

TERPU likes this.

5. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Definitely added to the "Good vendor" list.

TERPU and loudbang like this.
  6. jaracer

jaracer

What ring and pinion are they using? All the QC rears I had used a pilot bearing on the end of the pinion.

chryslerfan55, TERPU and loudbang like this.
  7. j3harleys

j3harleys

Gary built 2 chassis for me several years ago. Could not of had a better experience.

TERPU and pprather like this.
  8. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Gary is the best

TERPU and pprather like this.
  9. sololobo

sololobo

Gary is one of the "real-deal" guys, he is a true Nebraska treasure. He has built a couple of chassis for hot-rod roadster, another Gary (Anderson) from Nebraska, I had the chance to ride in both those hot rods and they were so fine. He is also a very active member of the Ti-City Rodders who put on a great car show in Grand Island, Ne., part of the Tri-City, Grand Island, Hastings, and Kearney, Ne. area. It is a super show that he busts his butt to pull off well, just another unselfish trait of this cool cat. Cornhusker Automotive is number one for all!

chryslerfan55 and TERPU like this.
  10. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

Nice to read happy stories like this so thank you for sharing. Like their delivery vehicle too! :cool:

TERPU likes this.
  11. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Kudos to them! Thats the kind of rear end we can all get "behind!" See what I did there.:D

TERPU likes this.
  12. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great feed back! Nice to know there are still responsible vedors out there. Thank you.

TERPU likes this.
  13. TERPU

TERPU

They use their own R&P. I do have another open drive behind my 392 Cad. No problems yet and we abuse it fairly often.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  14. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Thanks for the kudos. With almost 40 years in the Hot Rod business I've always tried to practice the motto (do onto others as you would have them do to you) Hasn't worked out 100% of the time but for the most it has. Gary at Cornhusker

KKrod, TERPU, continentaljohn and 6 others like this.