Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Ohio Drag Racing Family dying from the virus.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Petejoe, Apr 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Actually the caption in picture is a ballant lie. Notice its a baby donkey. Those men are searching for areas that might have land mines. Then they get back a safe distance and turn loose the donkey to set it off. In Korea the Koreans used young girls since a donkey or Ox was too valuable. There was a episode of MASH about that practice. After the war they also used German POWshttp://www.revisionist.net/war-crimes.html

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
    kevinrevin likes this.
  2. I’ve read, no it’s not.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

search for current info - what I have seen is that the make up of the virus could not be man made - but, research is ongoing

4. From my cousins websitehttps://wattsupwiththat.com/

5. My youngest son was a overnite stocker at Wal Mart. Since they reduced the store hours they made hin come in during the day when the shoppers are present. of course they didn't maintain any social distancing. and blemed him because there was shortages. He up and quit. His wife has stage 4 cancer and he has 4 young children.

nochop likes this.
  6. Anything specific?

7. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Granddaughter got tested this morning, won't know results for a few days. The wife and I were over her house this past Monday putting a latch on a gate, don't think we got closer than 6'. Her dog arrived this morning for us to take care of till she recovers/gets over. Bentley the Pit bull,what a handful. Just what I need at 71.

Deuces likes this.
  8. hudson48

hudson48

Great books aren't they. Then they cast that wimp Tom Cruise as Reacher who is 6.4 and built like a Mack truck.

b-body-bob and Desoto291Hemi like this.
  9. impala4speed

impala4speed

The point of Petejoe's original message was about the tragedy that has happened, and is still happening, to this family. When David Conkey was first admitted to our local hospital a very close friend of ours was the one who took Mr. Conkeys x-rays. At that time it was not known that he had Covid-19 so no additional safety procedures or PPE were used then. Only later our friend find this out. He has been quarantined at home. So far so good. What makes it even worse is Jim is 64 and had just gotten back to work following radiation teatments for prostate cancer. We're praying for him and hope for the best. My wife is retired from the medical field, thankfully, but we have several friends still employed in this field and we are worried sick about them. So I will apologize if I'm much more concerned about human lives than I am about the economy or our personal freedoms right now.
    And, yes, everyone is entitled to their own opinions but, as the old saying goes, not their own facts. And the facts right now reside with the scientists and medical professionals. We need to be listening to them.

grumpy65, pitman, b-body-bob and 8 others like this.
  10. Mimilan

Mimilan

In NZ we will hit 950 cases today and only 1 death. So statistically it creates an illusion that we are all probably safe.
    But when you look at recovered cases we have 127 BUT we also have another 126 cases pending test results
    The Danger is the rate of infection
    If our whole country gets infected but only 0.2% die that equals 9000 deaths in NZ [OR 670,000 in the USA]

This disease is highly contagious SO WE MUST ISOLATE OURSELVES

With the normal flu, the average person who is infected will infect another 1.2 people.
    With the Covid 19, the average person who is infected will infect another 3 people.

Not much different you may think until you do the mathematics

If you multiply 1.2 x 1.2 x 1.2 Ten times you get 6.19 people finally infected . Then Add them all together and it is a total of 31.14 people totally infected from 1 person.

Do the math with Covid 19
    If you multiply 3 x 3 x 3 Ten times you get 59049 people finally infected .Then add them all together and it is a total of 88572 people that could be infected from 1 person.[resulting in 177 deaths at 0.2% rate]

By isolating for 4 weeks allows for the virus to fun the full cycle without further cases being added [existing cases will show up] And some people will be casualties of this.

Each of you as individuals might think you're OK , but you could kill your parents.

Stay Safe for the sake of others

grumpy65, raven, Petejoe and 4 others like this.
  11. OLSKOOL57

OLSKOOL57

No disrespect to you at all but have you paid attention to your State? New York is in a terrible spot as we are discussing this.

Gasser 57 and gimpyshotrods like this.
  12. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't see how supplying correct information to an obviously uninformed person could in any way be considered "disrespect".

13. Toner283

Toner283

Be warned..... This is fake news, an internet hoax. It is worded kind of funny - like the person who wrote it does not have english for a native language - so I did a bit of research. Johns Hopkins categorically denies that this info came from them. Johns Hopkins reps stated that some of the info in this "summary" is flat out wrong and following it 100% will put you at risk. Do your own independant research everyone. Don't trust anything you read online until you verify it. Stay safe, stay healthy.

prpmmp, Old wolf and hotrodjack33 like this.
  14. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

No, and that attitude will bring more grief and heartache. Follow the medical advice, not everything is a conspiracy, fake news, etc. If you don't want to follow the advice at least go out into deep sparsely populated areas so the rest of your neighbours don't have to suffer because of you.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
  15. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Please support your stats....

Especially the education part!

16. bundoc bob

bundoc bob

While there is some heat in this topic here, it seems well within
    bounds especially when the gravity of the situation is considered,
    so I hope it continues. I read some time ago that a supercomputer
    was used to identify potentially useful medicines and the number
    was over 40 IIRC. I don't know if Ivermectin, an FDA-approved drug commonly used to treat parasites was one of them, but this may be worth
    a read:
    https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0166354220302011

It also seems that the widely scoffed at hydroxychloroquine and Z-pak combo is, in fact, useful. It appears the Chinese and others have stated that people prescribed hydroxychloroquine for arthritis and lupus do not get the Wuhan Flu, pointing to a prophylactic use for it, and I have read that some doctors are self-medicating because of that. Hint, hint. So, progress is being made.
    Although our age group is more vulnerable, it is also a repository of considerable wit and wisdom, so I hope we can continue this discussion.

OLSKOOL57 and Gasser 57 like this.
  17. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

I kind of thought that was primitive for John Hopkins

OLSKOOL57 likes this.
  18. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

An internet board about traditional hot rods is not a good place to get medical advice. Express your opinion if you feel you have to, but things like this are what fuel rumors. There are already reports of patients needing these medications for the purposes for which they are intended not being able to get them. Please do not post speculative medical information.

19. I think its been around for several months. On Facebook in January folks where sick and where calling it the CRUD. I was sick in Feb for 3 weeks with what I self diagnosed was bronchitis now Im thinking it was the Rona.Today at Lake Charles State Park. They had the final day of the annual fishing derby. People from several states where competing. And it was packed. boat ramp and parking area overflowing. Folks all huddled together when they announced the prize winners. The Governor dictated folks must be in groups of 10 or less and distance of 6 feet apart. Like that was gonna happen?

20. Ivermectin is horse wormer. sold at feed stores. One side effect. Remember those turd roller tumble bug beetles? The ivermectin present in the manure of animals treated with ivermectin killed the dung beetles. I haven't seen any for many years. The only ones ive seen are on the Oscars Oasis Cartoon.

21. impala4speed

impala4speed

22. b-body-bob

b-body-bob

Please man, stop digging. Just because there is no perfect answer does not mean we should ignore the advice of the experts. And "The Federalist?" I kind of think those guys want the economy roaring more than they care about a couple hundred thousand dead people. But hey, what do I know.

I need to do some googling, to look up what Dr. Fauci has said about this "herd immunity".

23. b-body-bob

b-body-bob

Herd Immunity

Fauci, 5 days ago
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/...coronavirus-unlikely-not-people-infected.html

Another, indirect article
    https://thehill.com/changing-americ...95-what-is-herd-immunity-and-is-it-a-strategy

From that: "How many people need to be immune for herd immunity to take effect depends on the contagiousness of a disease. For example, measles vaccination rates need to be 93 to 95 percent of the population to avoid new cases when the disease is introduced by an infected person. In places where vaccination rates drop below that range, measles can spread and turn into an outbreak."

Imagine 93 to 95 percent of the USA infected with Covid. Then imagine piles of bodies and death if not from the virus, from being around all the death.

Think people. Herd immunity is a non-starter until you have a vaccine.

24. prpmmp

prpmmp

Toner283 You may be 100% correct about what I posted, I did not research and just forwarded it along!! That was wrong of me and should be deleted if incorrect! To much wrong information on the net!!! I do not like how posts get way out of bounds from the original topics! As said before Lets get back to Traditional Hot Rods and Customs!! Lets be careful out there!!(Hill Street Blues) Pete

nochop and Desoto291Hemi like this.
  25. b-body-bob

b-body-bob

Right down the street from me

[​IMG]

This tag was in the mask.

[​IMG]

George would approve.

It doesn't matter but I slipped her a $20 (under a wiper, standing 20 feet away) and asked her to please make more.

This is what we need more of, not disinformation and squabbling.

raven, Petejoe, nochop and 4 others like this.
  26. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Maybe that's what Old Wolf, and the folks at The Federalist want.

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

27. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes, and at the current death rate per infection of 3.07%, correct up, as caregivers become to sick to provide treatment, by the time we reach herd immunity, we would be looking at OVER ONE MILLION DEATHS, in the US alone.

Much of those dead would come from the age bracket of the average HAMBer.

So yes, I'm talking to YOU!

Stay home. Wear proper PPE if you must go out.

Anyone who recommends otherwise might have a financial interest in the premature cessation of your life.

nochop, b-body-bob and impala4speed like this.
  28. I need some stuff from Wal Mart and I have a doozy of a face mask. Bought it to use when painting. Ought to do the job? Keep my cooties in and other folks cooties out. Randy 004.JPG

raven, Hnstray and nochop like this.
  29. I'd wear it.

Old wolf likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.