Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Pennsylvania Hot Rodders!

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by UnkkaBobby, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Country Joe

Country Joe

Yes my car is stock looking but when I applied for the plate, I never had to show a picture of my car. Just filled out the paperwork and waited by the mailbox for my plate.

loudbang and UnkkaBobby like this.
  2. Depends on the area I guess. In harrisburg, they need pics. Sorry OP. The thread is getting off track. I am out.

3. UnkkaBobby

UnkkaBobby

No apologies necessary, I'm enjoying all the commentary,, feel free to continue.
    Ohh and in response to the commentary by others earlier, about the gas and gas tax. I paid 1.09 per gallon today filling my truck. I've heard reports of less than a dollar nearby.

loudbang and Country Joe like this.
  4. eldiablooxidado

eldiablooxidado

Northeast PA here myself (Lake Wallenpaupack area). Alot of car guys and quite a few local shows around but I wouldn't say the "scene" is super strong here. Definitely rural, nice and quiet area till summer then it pretty busy being a vacation destination for Philly/NJ/NY

Nick

loudbang, mad mikey and UnkkaBobby like this.
  5. I'm just down the road in "the peoples republic of Maryland" and was thinking of retiring in Pa. next year, My son lives up there and is doing ok and like someone said they don't tax a pension. Then with inspections every year, the high gas tax, the high school tax and all I'm rethinking that. Do you have to pay tax on a car when you move to another state? I may just move into a better part of Maryland. Our Governor made a proposal to lessen the tax on pensions and if that was to go through I will stay.

loudbang and UnkkaBobby like this.
  6. .....................Stick around and enjoy the pain with the rest of us.:D;)

7. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Or move to California and really enjoy the pain!

8. Tow Truck Tom

Tow Truck Tom
    from Clayton DE

The thing I liked about PA, when I lived there, was yes they have regs, but follow the guidelines. You can run anything that is safe, and has the right paperwork.

UnkkaBobby, loudbang and mad mikey like this.
  9. 1. Old cars don't need annual inspections up here.
    2.gas is $2.15 here right now, $2.01 across the Mason Dixon line. Hi test costs the same, $2.99.
    3.in laws live in MD and pay $11,000 in property tax, we're paying $4,500...so where you live in PA matters.
    4.MD income tax is 6.75% and taxes retirement, PA has flat tax 3.09% and no retirement tax.

5window, UnkkaBobby, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  10. Where you live in Pa. definitely matters. The Carlisle / Harrisburg areas tend to have higher tax rates. Try a small town west of Carlisle, and you may be pleasantly surprised. I know, because that is what we did.

11. Dr. Remulak

Dr. Remulak
    from Phila. Pa

So is Wisconson cracking down on using original titles with replica cars?

UnkkaBobby and loudbang like this.
  12. bschwoeble

bschwoeble

North of Pittsburgh area. There is something to do almost every day in summer. Keep in mind, it's called "Pennsyl RAIN ia for a good reason. Being caught in the rain is common.

UnkkaBobby and chevy57dude like this.
  13. Piewagn

Piewagn

ALWAYS something goin' on in S.E.Pa.! Every weekend all season long. I'm in Lansdale and property taxes are minimal and everything is close by. Turn Pike is right around the corner, so upstate Pa, NJ, NY are at the most 2hr drive......

chevy57dude and UnkkaBobby like this.
  14. RollinRock

RollinRock
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey guys, don’t tell everyone too much , they may all move here! Just kidding! Great place to live and enjoy your cars.

Stay safe, stay home and fix a car.
    RollinRock (Gettysburg, PA)

15. UnkkaBobby

UnkkaBobby

::::Cough, Cough.:::: I'm not aware that's ever done,,,,,,,,,,,,,;)

16. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

registering a rod here doesn't need a pic, but my insurance co. did...
    state police used to verify our cars were pre '49, we now have to sign a form at the notary public stating our car is what we say it is...
    don't try and register a street rod as an antique as there is a $200 fine for doing so...

UnkkaBobby likes this.