Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Self quarantined ( for now)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scotty t, Apr 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I’m still working full time but at least I can get away from it all once in a while! C797BB7C-E86D-4E8C-8BF9-52CAEEE2B03E.jpeg

2. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have voluntarily taken off work, to hunker down with my wife. Hope for the best. Am doing the computer part of the job from home. Stay safe.

3. We were just knocked down to 40 hrs a week, surprisingly that huge for us. It will only get worse

4. Yes it's gonna get hairy brother.

loudbang, Deuces and scotty t like this.

5. How many cheap beers are left?

loudbang, Deuces and scotty t like this.
  6. williebill

williebill

Self employed since '76 in retail/repair shop. I have taken less than 20 Saturdays off during that time, total. A Friday and Saturday off every couple of years, a family thing for a week in '98, a week off in 2013, and a month off being sick in 2018. I've bitched and moaned about no time off for years, now this shit. My daughter is front line health care provider in a big trauma hospital ( she's a trauma pharmacist ), and she would have disowned me if I hadn't closed my business.
    Hell of a way to get a vacation. So, my question is how many days can I go without a shower? My g/f left mad 5 days ago ( not angry about my bathing habits, other shit ). So my social distancing thing isn't hard at all.

7. We're going the opposite direction. Chief update Wednesday said to be prepared for massive mandatory overtime starting around the second week of this month. I used to look forward to going to work, not so much these days

8. About 30!

9. Good luck brother! If I was a praying man I would pray For you now, but i will wish you the best and keep you in my thoughts

j-jock, chryslerfan55, bowie and 6 others like this.
  10. Please bathe! Only for the virus of course

11. Oh shit! Virus hell! This is a state of emergency! ;):D

scotty t, loudbang and Deuces like this.
  12. Copy that............:(

loudbang, Deuces and Boneyard51 like this.
  13. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

There’s a reason liquor stores are considered essential businesses.

14. RMONTY

RMONTY

My company laid off 235 employees today, about 1/3 of the workforce. Some had almost 20 yrs tenure. I made the grade due to my role. I feel very lucky. Been working from home for 3 weeks now. I live in BFE on 6.6 acres and the closest neighbor is 1/2 mile away. I go to the store every 7 to 10 days to stock up on food. I should be safe from all this stuff, I hope!

15. One customer of mine is a spirit seller.....still open.......

16. Remember when aids was a big thing? Well here we are again. If you wanna survive this, just assume that EVERYBODY you see has it, and yes it will kill you. Be smart. Take care of each other.

17. impala4speed

impala4speed

Lloyd's paint & glass, I am a praying man and will pray for you. Thank you, good luck to you and stay safe!

J_J2, cheepsk8, chryslerfan55 and 9 others like this.
  18. Liquor stores all closed in PA, Delaware cops are stopping out of state cars at roadblocks, thank goodness MD is only a few mins away....

scotty t and loudbang like this.
  19. Toqwik

Toqwik

IMG_6548.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

20. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

They sell liquor at Costco, Walmart and many of the grocery stores here now so that isn't a real issue as long as the supply doesn't run out.
    My 93 year old mother who sometimes doesn't go to the store but once a month when she is out of dog food all the sudden is "out of something" far more often than she was three months ago.
    Wife is edgy because her only real hobby is going out to eat some place and we haven't been out to eat in a month and only got take out twice. The big burritos from the local taco truck are the bomb though.
    The kids have called and checked on us more in the past two weeks than in the last year and when we do run to the store we tend to hope no one sees us and narcs out to one of them.
    I'm knocking out a round to it project just about every day and if the wind quits I might get some play time on one of the projects in the next few days but today I watched dust blow past the house all day.
    The main thing is stay safe, we don't want to be writing a memorial thread for anyone on here because of this virus.

21. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

A tip o' the hat from here, to all of the health care workers, and also all of those folks who are working in the public sector, such as grocery and convenience stores, who may see many, many people each and every day.

22. I am not a praying kind of guy, but I wish you the best, and hope that you and your fellow workers can stay virus free.
    I just saw that one in four fire fighters in New York City, are off sick with the virus, and one has just died.
    I have three kids, and they are all on the front lines, two working directly with possible Covid-19 patients, and one working at another essential service.
    I am not able to see them, because I am 77 and immune compromised. This puts me in the extreme risk category. I am hunkered down and organizing my sock collection.
    My best to everyone.
    Bob

23. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

I’m treating the world like it’s made of raw chicken....but airborne

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
  24. We don't have any neighbors for a 1/4 mile. the hwy intersection used to be busy but not any more. We got plenty of deer meat in the freezer and last week I butchered two pot belly pigs. The chickens are laying eggs. and its time to plant the garden. and the river is full of fish. We aint gonna starve.

25. Deuces

Deuces

Bone appetite!.... :)

hotrodjack33, scotty t and loudbang like this.
  26. Freezers, shelves and refrigerator are full and the missus bought plenty of toilet paper and paper towels. Every 2 or 3 days I brave the germs and make a diet Dr Pepper run down the hill to the gas station. Work has furloughed me 'till further notice... My coupe is stored at my kid's house so to keep busy I'm working on my house. As long as I don't get sick, I'm diggin this!

chryslerfan55, Tim, winduptoy and 4 others like this.
  27. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Rumor here in Minnesota was the liquor stores remained open so the hospitals wouldn't be over run with alchoholics going through withdrawals. Knowing and working with some 'functional drunks' I can see why the rumor is plausible.

28. Americans have always been known for their common-sense approach to dealing with problems great and small, this current deal ranks right the hell up there in terms of problems. I still hold out hope going forward, that we'll, as a nation,( maybe ,as a world) get a handle on this thing. As I age(out) though, I wonder more and more about that common sense thing, Based on some of the crap I see on the daily news and blah, blah,blah offerings. I'm beginning to think it's better to watch none of that shit, so, I've tried to make an effort to avoid media in all it's forms,figuring that if something really impactful happens it'll get to me in the shop eventually,where, by the way Canadian beer seems to be holding out ok

loudbang, scotty t, catdad49 and 2 others like this.
  29. Same up here liquor and beer stores are considered essential.

they closed the pot shops today, told the pot heads to buy it online.

ive seen angry alcoholics, never seen a angry pot head !!

lots of stuff is shut down up here, I’m still working, it’s been stupid busy with our food and medical customers.

just 3 of us in the building me another mechanic and one office person.
    I feel bad for our road techs going in and out of buildings.

lots of wipes, sprays and sanitizers all over where ever I am.

doing a lot of Reno’s on my new place, my dad and uncle wanted to come by this week end and help me finish of my rewiring of the house.
    Told em your both in your 70’s and I’m still out and about in the general population.
    You guys stay home, I can deal with portable lights and extension cords for a while.
    Don’t need to move the family in until middle of May, hopefully this calms down by then.

counter top company shut down, plywood counters I guess.
    Paint store is doing e-transfers and porch drop off for paint and supplies.
    I hit Home Depot in the morning 7 am so it’s pretty empty if I need stuff.

gotta be careful and stay away from people.

still lots of dough heads out in parks and hanging around , shit won’t stop unless we all do our part and let it die off and stop the spread.

hats off to all our front line workers.

Stay safe everyone

30. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I work at one of the biggest new-car dealers in Michigan. The owners shut it down for and undetermined length of time yesterday...it’s bad. But I’m the good side...I’m getting a lot of woodworking projects done!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.