Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Half Fendered Hotrods

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Stogy, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

001-1931-chevrolet-roadster-front-three-quarter-alt-1.jpg

:rolleyes:...Bowtie Mix

Credit to Photographer, Owner

2. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
  3. Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
  4. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This pic is in reverse it seems, its Olds powered but Rocket on the cover is backwards...

Just a technicality of course...maybe it had straight 8 back in the day as it has a stretched nose...the exhaust is interesting

I hope someone sheds some light on it...did you have a Thread on it Curt? If you did paste a link in your post...the archives are a powerful tool...

This is what I love about the Hamb...stuff comes out of the Woodwork...

Lil32 likes this.
  5. ramblin dan

ramblin dan

6. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

20190504_071225.jpg

:rolleyes:...T n' A

Blue Thunder...built in 37 days by Hamber @justabeater37

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    Shadow Creek, 35cab, ClarkH and 7 others like this.
  7. -Brent-

-Brent-

Am I the only one that sees pics of fronts-only and thinks it looks weird but when I see rear-only it's no big deal? I have no reason why.

lurker mick and Stogy like this.
  8. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

1930-ford-model-a-period-built-hot-rod-barn-find-time-capsule-2.jpg

:rolleyes:...2 more Fronts to the Swap meet oh yeah...That'll get me the bucks to buy that 2 x 2 intake for the Flatty...;)

1930-ford-model-a-period-built-hot-rod-barn-find-time-capsule-4.jpg

:rolleyes:...By the way this one survived pulled out of storage near identical to the vintage b & w image...

https://www.oldbug.com/twinrod.htm

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
  9. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Everybody has their own thoughts when seeing these. I am very open to the whole movement and have enjoyed this look and my inspired Hotrod Sports it. There is plenty of sans Fronts and to a lesser extent rears. It's really a segment of the big picture that I've wanted to share with historical backup...

I glad you chimed in Brent because I mentioned your Hotrod in a humorous reference that it's Half Fendered through sectioning them front to back while still having all 4...;)

Lil32 and Sancho like this.
  10. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

KR1_zps1e5b32c6.jpg

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/life-of-riley-roadster-before-mcmullen.779045/

:rolleyes:...Charlie Karnatz Roadster which moved on to a life in flames...;)

More at the Thread link above by @So-Cal Speed Sacramento

Not only is that beyond cool, Hamber @El Gato did a tribute build to the former Riley Era Roadster of Charlie's shared in the same Thread...;)

ElGato_Rileyclone.jpg

:rolleyes:...At 16:15 of this video is a Roadster and if it doesn't get your Hotrod blood moving nothing will...note is has Cycles on the front in the video...

at 11:47 is some additional equally cool footage of several Deuces and some other revered inspirations as well...notice the door smacking in the driveway...heck its just a jalopy anyway...:D

Note...Can anyone with knowledge of the history confirm if the roadster is in the 11:47 segment...my apologies if I'm wrong but heck the videos beyond cool regardless...

Credit to Photographers, Videographers, Owners

11. ramblin dan

ramblin dan

12. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

13. The roadster at 16:15 is Bart & Helen Root's well known 29 roadster. The fenders were no doubt to make it legal for the street in California.

Mick

Mick

Sancho and Stogy like this.
  14. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Mick...I remember a pic with Helen driving the 29 Roadster...Clean Looker of a Hotrod that is for sure...

I was reading a magazine scan and it pointed to this episode and it seems they seen Charlies Roadster that was fenderless at that time inspiring them to build a Hotrod like it hence the ratty ones in the show...its a little confusing as it may actually not have been it the show...even though the zine article implies it...

[​IMG]

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...er-before-mcmullen.779045/page-2#post-8658863

Sancho, exterminator and Lil32 like this.
  15. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

10933812.jpg

:rolleyes:...It's the Points...Nah it's the condenser...Remember What @porknbeaner said....."Don't overthink it it's basic Jalopyology"...got it...:D

I think there's enough gauges...its like an Airplane in there...

Joking aside...cool Hotrod...with full on Sexy Frontal Piecrusts...;)

Shadow Creek, Lil'Alb, Lil32 and 3 others like this.
  16. LOL its the left handed glimmer switch, I told you we didn't need one man.o_Oo_O:rolleyes::rolleyes::eek::eek::D:D:D:D

Sancho, deadbeat and Stogy like this.
  17. *I will probably never build one, but for some reason I like those old heaps with the slash aprons and nor running boards.

*never say never, maybe that means I will have one some day. :D

Sancho and Stogy like this.
  18. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

tumblr_nf7tlcYtDS1u3zj9do1_1280.jpg

:rolleyes:...smmmoooooth...it's actually a survivor...can't recall but yeah it may be finished now...

Shadow Creek, ClarkH, Lil32 and 6 others like this.
  19. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

fbc89945dcff0c0130b06142e424208d.jpg

:rolleyes:...as Moriarity would say...Bitchen

Lil32, Sancho, deadbeat and 1 other person like this.
  20. billhartz2.jpg

Stogy,
    I believe the picture is a scan of a 35mm slide (as some readers ask wth is that?) so the reverse image is quite possible.

It never had a straight 8 in it. The chassis was not model A. The builder used a non Ford chassis for the long wheelbase to fit the stock Olds motor(exhaust and all) and hydro with out firewall modifications, more foot/legroom, lower stance and for better ride and handling. He didn't want a channeled car.

If anyone does shed some light on the A, a separate thread is a good idea. I don't have separate thread on the car and I don't want to distract this threads focus. This car, its story and the owner are a good back in the day hot rod story.

Much thanks to you for this thread and your contributions to the HAMB.

Curt R

Ned Ludd, Lil32, Sancho and 4 others like this.
  21. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Rat_bastards1.jpg

:rolleyes:...Hamber @rat bastad's Deuce...Looking mighty classic...

22. ramblin dan

ramblin dan

23. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@sgtlethargic thank you sharing and for linking your post to the Thread where it came from...

Why...because it brings us to to other informative Threads for further Hamb enjoyment as they are as relevant in their own way...

This is also on top of this a second try to see if I can properly respond to your post as the first one didn't but I found a way...;)

:rolleyes:...Note...my reply retained your info and link is there but thumbnail disappeared, as long as the link to the thread works I'm happy...

I wish in your post the image was full but that is one clic away...so thanks again...;)

sgtlethargic, Lil32 and Speed Gems like this.
  24. Lil'Alb

Lil'Alb
    from brier, wa

How'd the driver fit in that roadster? Is there a hole I'm the top for his head? Cool looking car though!

Stogy likes this.
  25. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have just posed this question to Hamber @ANDEREGG TRIBUTE as he built a Tribute to that AMBR Trophy Winning Roadster that was his Wife's Uncle's Hotrod...so he is a very good source of all things related. The link below is worth having a look at the 1955 AMBR Tribute build...

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...ute-memorial-build-and-info-ambr-1955.415187/

AMBR_UR1b.jpg

:rolleyes:...1958

hfh and Lil32 like this.
  26. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

:rolleyes:...All Right...Hoodlums and Hotrod Interlude...

Including Highboys, Half Fendereds, and, and,

Man they did some crazy shit...Lucky they didn't kill anybody but I'm sure it helped improve the way people perceived that Hoodlum enjoying a pleasant Hotrod cruise...NOT...:eek:

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
  27. blvdbill

blvdbill
    from California

28. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
    town sedan, hfh, deadbeat and 2 others like this.