Register now to get rid of these ads!

Accel dual point dist.34100 series busing??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 265glide, Aug 24, 2008.

1. 265glide

265glide

Hi,
    Any one have or found a replacement for the plastic bushing that locates the point plate to the Housing? I contacted Accel and they just said"SORRY" no parts!:mad:. I am sure a custom could be made in a shop-------but was wondering if anyone had parts or a substitute bushing.
    thanks 265glide

1Nimrod likes this.
  2. streetfreakmustang

streetfreakmustang
    BANNED
    from Ohio

Those 34100 series distributors were Accel's "economy" line. As you found out cheaply made. They were for an oem replacment

I would pick up a Accel 30100 vintage dual point. They were the good 10k rpm street/race rated and all the replacement parts (cap, points, rotor, cam gears etc are still available)
    I see them on ebay and the swaps pretty cheap $20-30.

They were made 35 years ago but are still a great distributor and I still see many guys running them

All torrington & roller bearings design. They have a special design , you can take them apart without messing with the springs inside etc to regrease the bearings etc. The whole assembly comes out in one peice leaving the housing with the bearings.

1Nimrod and Desoto291Hemi like this.
  3. sdluck

sdluck

Did you ever find the bushing,I need one also.

4. sdluck

sdluck

Did you ever find a bushing?

5. Those 34100 series distributors were Accel's "economy" line. As you found out cheaply made. They were for an oem replacment

I would pick up a Accel 30100 vintage dual point. They were the good 10k rpm street/race rated and all the replacement parts (cap, points, rotor, cam gears etc are still available)

Would you know where to get the replacement dual points, condenser, cap and rotor for the 34100 distributor? Thanks

6. sdluck

sdluck

My friend made me one on his small lathe at home

1Nimrod likes this.