Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest OK Minnesota Fellas - Minnesota Long Shot of the Century. BREAKING NEWS CAR HAS BEEN FOUND

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by corncobcoupe, Mar 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Ok - this is to you Minnesota fellas that is the long shot of the century.
    I'm hoping someone knows or someone knows of someone who knows......

Any of you fellas know of a guy that lives in the Zumbrota-Mazepa MN area or Millville-Hammond MN area in a tan-brown house with lots of attached garages full of hot rods / muscle/collector cars ?

Strange request - I know.
    I figure somebody knows or somebody knows of somebody who knows.

Any HAMB’rs in that area please send me a Private Message.

I don't want names posted here of a maybe, as privacy / respect on this one..

It has to do with my sons inlaws who sold their 60's era original family owned car 20 plus years ago to this fella, in the
    Zumbrota-Mazepa MN or Millville-Hammond MN area and if he still has it - they would like to talk with him about buying it back.

Thanks

kidcampbell71 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  2. I thought you were going to tell me that the Twins will win the series this year.

lothiandon1940, Jet96, Deuces and 2 others like this.
  3. rusty valley

rusty valley

yeah...go twins....and take the vikings with you!

Deuces likes this.

4. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

As much as I would like to call your thread ridiculous, I bet someone figures it out. The Power Of The HAMB has solved many mysteries.

-Abone.

pitman likes this.
  5. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

6. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

If you don't get any good leads, "fly over" using Google Earth. Those are pretty small towns and it shouldn't take too long to find that home, what with all those attached garages. You can skip right over any newer developments built within the last 20 years.

Roothawg, WB69 and Lepus like this.
  7. I bring my son down there to ride dirt bikes. I’m willing to assist if you need a middle man. BUMP

For clarity / I don’t know the hot rod barn. But if you get a lead and need someone to go take a look or whatever, let me know.

8. bill gruendeman

bill gruendeman

I went to my wife's family reunion in zumborta about 5 to 10 years ago and I talked to a relative about old cars on farms, his is a hot rodder and did some kind of work on farms all ( well digger or something ) over the place. I will try to fined out who I talked to.

9. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Thanks Chuck and Bill.

It's a small world - some one knows something in those 4 towns on who has a car collection.

(Hopefully that fella is still alive )

10. 5500 YARD SHOT....but it can be done..

11. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

12. pitman

pitman

Worth your asking,
    Let us know if it solves
    for them. :D

13. oldolds

oldolds

Good luck with your search. Some info as to the car might help. A buyer with a large car collection is usually an older guy. 50+years old or better. Usually better. So the chances of him being around 20+ years later start to get slim. If you at least say make, model and color you stand a better chance of finding out about the car.

14. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Out of respect for privacy , I'm not going to post anything on the car - looking more so for HAMB'rs in that area to converse with in private.

I'm not going to post the Make, Model and Color as during these isolated times and boredom, I can see one or more of
    you ( yes you - broad brush ) bat shit crazy car nuts with the thrill of the hunt visit the area pounding on doors until you find it and try to buy it. :(

This is a previous one family owner would like to contact the current owner to see if they can buy the car back to keep in the family again.

Thanks

15. I'm sure this guy could figure it out....:cool: 1 ZJL0iLvbm-f6dzAI28KIyw.jpeg

Algoma56 likes this.
  16. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

See my comment above ;):D

57 Fargo likes this.
  17. BJR

BJR

Bump for the evening guys.

18. Black_Sheep

Black_Sheep

I’ve worked in the area a few times, it’s mostly big rural farms with multiple out buildings. I don’t think Google sky view would be much help unless they have stuff outside too. Maybe check with local body shops and service garages for leads...

19. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I’m no help, but will bump it back up for ya Cob.....

20. For a minute, while reading this, i thought of a guy they call "Bruce the deuce" But, he lives way north of that part of the state. I went to an auction in Wannamingo a few years back, lots of N.O.S. parts, i think if there was something like that close by, i would have heard something about it.

21. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

22. pitman

pitman

23. BJR

BJR

24. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Breaking News - After 22 years.... car has been found.

Previous original family owners and current owner will be getting together after the Covid19 health restrictions/ improvement. Thank you to all that PM'd me with info and offers to search.
    Thank you fellas.

Cob

Sancho, warbird1, Lepus and 12 others like this.
  25. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

About the first of those searches that may actually have a positive ending. From having seen my old 51 Merc a number of times over he years, the cars sometimes get changed far and away from what the old memories of it are.

Nicholas Coe likes this.
  26. Great news.
    Curious, if the PM I sent you was instrumental in finding it.

27. sliceddeuce

sliceddeuce

I'll be darned....An actual benefit.

28. BJR

BJR

Once again, the POWER OF THE HAMB!:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.