Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical BLC light question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mark, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Mark

Mark
    from CT

This may have been talked about before, but has anyone made or adapted something to work for the little dome parking light on top of the 904-A headlights ? i realze they are scare
    Thanks BLC lights  (1).JPG BLC lights  (1).JPG BLC lights  (2).JPG BLC lights  (3).JPG

Stogy likes this.
  2. BJR

BJR

The glass domes from the old coffee percolators can be made to work.

SS327, Six Ball, 41 GMC K-18 and 2 others like this.
  3. SS327, Just Gary, Six Ball and 5 others like this.
  4. Budget36

Budget36

There is a place that makes them, I just can't recall the name!!

5. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My personal favorite.

6. DOCTOR SATAN

DOCTOR SATAN
    from okc

Hell yeah, great ideas.....

7. Mark

Mark
    from CT

Good Ideas, thanks guys

8. Man, you are going back a long way, I wounder how many people would have a couple of those lying around?:D HRP

BJR and 41 GMC K-18 like this.
  9. BJR

BJR

You are correct, I did that about 1967. Time fly's when your having fun.:p

Stogy and 41 GMC K-18 like this.
  10. When you finally find a lens, get rid of the spring retainer, if it hasn't rusted away already. I use a rubber o-ring to secure the lens. I don't know where you live in Connecicut, but when I lived there I went to a commercial rubber / o-ring supplier in Newington, off of the Berlin Turnpike. And he had what you need in stock for about $ .50 each.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2023
  11. Lost in the Fifties

Lost in the Fifties

12. dwollam

dwollam

I had to buy a set of BLC 904a headlights to get a chipped lens to replace the missing one on my avatar. I also bought 2 different types of clear acrylic rods to try and turn some out on my lathe. Will see how that goes.

I also replaced the rusty, then missing, springs in mine with o-rings. Looked for some at Ace Hardware but didn't find any the right size until I got back in my pickup and remembered I had bought some garden hose o-ring gaskets and as it turns out they were the perfect size. I like o-rings for garden hoses much better than flat gaskets.

Dave

13. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

I had to Google these lamps to see what they resembled, 'Percolator' headlamps. I never knew they existed until now.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Silicon mold and resin works.
    P5050085 (Medium).jpeg

15. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/tech-week-bumper-gaurd-tail-lights.566437/

:rolleyes:... @Mark I just found this Tech Thread which is along the Lines of @RICH B's pretty neat Idea...

@RICH B do you sell those to those like Mark who might very much like to take you up on such an offer as in the case of those Guides why F' with perfection...;)

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
    town sedan likes this.
  16. brady1929

brady1929

Wow, great job on the lenses.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  17. dwollam

dwollam

You should make some for sale! Maybe you already do? I might be interested. Surely others would be too as many requests as I have seen for them.

Dave

18. banjorear

banjorear

Old thread, but bringing it back up. I'm also searching for replacement lenses if anyone has some or knows a source.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  19. Mark

Mark
    from CT

If you look up Royal Enfield bullet light, or pilot light, you will see they look very close. Other people have said they fit. They are on ebay

51 mercules and dwollam like this.
  20. banjorear

banjorear

Thank you, Mark! It turns out the BLC's I bought had both lens intact, when they were advertised as not.

RICH B likes this.
  21. banjorear

banjorear

There was one spare lone bucket that doesn't, but I'm not going to worry about that one right now.

22. I used one of those on the headlight on my bike. It came with a red light on the top for a high beam indicator but it was missing and I found some of those in a hard ware store.

23. 48 Indian Rag

48 Indian Rag
    from conn

[​IMG]You looking for something like this Juliano's sells them.

alanp561 likes this.
  24. de-fenders

de-fenders

I am looking at using this for my replacement lens. I had one original lens (chipped) so I had my son (3d printer user) 3-D print me one. I think I may trying polishing it to give it more of a glass-like appearance. If you can’t tell, original one is on the right, 3-D printed on the left…. 7FF06663-8744-414C-A7FE-732BA5B6DC46.jpeg

51 mercules and teach'm like this.
  25. dwollam

dwollam

After reading this thread, I bought a set of used Royal Enfield marker lights off ebay. I got them yesterday. I will try them and see how they fit and let ya know.

Dave

51 mercules likes this.