Register now to get rid of these ads!

How To Post Images On A Thread

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Ryan, May 12, 2014.

1. 173

test 2

IMG_20140612_104101_120.jpg

Lil32 likes this.
  2. Actually, your 2160 x 1007 image did upload. You just have to click on it to view it at the full resolution. It appears that anything more than 1200 pixels wide will break the frames in the forum software used here so they get downsized a bit so they display better onscreen. Images around 1600 x 1200 is about as big as they need to be so your original picture is close to ideal. If you go a lot bigger than that it slows down the page loads in the really photo intensive threads and it takes longer to upload your images.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. RustyBullet

RustyBullet

4. 1931stude

1931stude

5. Chief 64

Chief 64

Hello,
    Can someone help me? All of the sudden my recent photos in my posts go to a red X. When I go to edit to re-add them they are already there. Anyone know how to fix this? I put them in by copy/paste from Google Photos.
    Thanks Greg

6. I think sometimes it's just a glitch with a specific server that's trying to download the image to your post and usually the problem clears up on its own. Other times it can be a hiccup in your browser. Try using a different browser to see if you get better results, or make sure your current browser is updated to the most recent version.

Post a link or two for a couple of posts that seem to be troublemakers for you and we'll have a look.

7. gatz

gatz

I sorta ran into a similar issue using Copy/Paste from my computer on the forum; pix turned out very small and couldn't be enlarged for viewing.
    Rather than Copy/Paste, try uploading the file either from your computer or from Google Photos using
    the UPLOAD A FILE at the lower right - ->>

(Like this...)
    UPLOAD A FILE  box.jpg

8. Chief 64

Chief 64

9. gatz

gatz

@Chief 64 ,You're not being held at ransom from PhotoBucket, are you?

10. Chief 64

Chief 64

gatz,
    no, I am using google photos.

11. It appears that you have your images stored on some sort of a Google service. I'm not exactly sure how that works, not using a similar service myself. But are you even sure that Google allows you to link images to third party sites? Maybe it's a case that Google considers it to be more of a image "storage" service than an image "hosting" service.

The links for the location of your images shown below are much too long and aren't indicated as being jpeg files. I think the links are for the "red x" placeholder that's showing in your posts.

UntitledH01.jpg

One solution, if you post your images on a lot of different sites, is to upload copies of them to an image hosting site. Photobucket used to be popular (and free) until they decided they didn't want to drown in red ink. There may still be some other free image hosting services but they're not as common as they used to be.

If you're only posting pics here (or the Ford Barn or Ryan's other sites, I assume) it's probably easiest to upload them to Ryan's servers and link them from there. It's simple to do, like "gatz" shows above, and best of all it's FREE!

12. Chief 64

Chief 64

Clay thanks for your help.
    I am using google photos which is supposed to be photo storage and hosting. I will try gatz method. No can do. When I hit upload a file it goes to iCloud which is out of date and has no new photos. I can’t seem to get to google photos or anywhere else. I will have to ask one of my kids to help. How do I upload to Ryan’s server?
    Greg

13. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

I save pics to my gallery, or download them, and upload them from there, it works much easier for my simple brain than any other method I have tried.

14. Like gatz showed in the post above . . .

How To Post Images On A Thread

This will store copies of your pics on Ryan's server so that they can be displayed here on the HAMB forums and probably any of his other related sites. Just remember that I don't think you'll be able to link them on just any other non-Atomic Industries website.

Try posting a pic or two in this thread and see how it works for you. Post them from your own computer instead of trying to upload them from your Google Photos account.

15. Chief 64

Chief 64

16. ^^^Beautiful Pontiac^^^

Lil32 likes this.
  17. Chief 64

Chief 64

Thanks Lothiandon1940 - The 53 Pontiac is the slowest car I have ever driven and owned but it is a blast to cruise in.

ClayMart, gatz & s55mercury66 - Well it has been almost 2 days and my "test picture " is still here and didn't turn into a RED X so I guess we got it figured out. I posted the Pontiac by saving the picture form Google Photos as a .jpg to my laptop and then uploading it to a new post as you guys suggested.
    Thanks for your help guys!!! The HAMB family rescues me again!!!!
    Greg

Lil32, RICH B and lothiandon1940 like this.

18. Yep . . . It's a pretty straight forward process and makes perfect sense if you're only wanting to post the photos here. If you still have the image on your desktop or laptop you can upload it directly to the HAMB and that will save you another step in the process. ;)

Chief 64 likes this.
  19. Best part of uploading to the HAMB is that the picture will be there for future viewers. Lot of decent tech pictures lost to photobucket or covered with their watermark.

Chief 64 likes this.
  20. Ardent Motors

Ardent Motors

21. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Nowadays the best thing I can think of for Photobucket is to piss in their bucket :D

22. Steve Jensen

Steve Jensen

23. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

What a sense of humor. :D:confused::D

24. lamaison

lamaison
    from Canada

25. I'm baffled. I take pictures with my Android phone and often e-mail them to myself if I'm at an event somewhere. I can then transfer them from my computer to a thread on here. I know that's not the most straight-forward way, but it's always worked for me. Always in the past, these images would appear full page after I clicked the full image button before hitting the reply button. Now suddenly, even older images stored on my computer won't appear as full page when I hit the full image button as the examples above show. Please help. I'm not all that tech-savvy so I'm at a loss as to what has happened. At first I thought it was a setting issue with the phone, but as mentioned, now even older stored images wind up appearing quarter page for lack of a proper description..........Thanks, Don.