Register now to get rid of these ads!

Chainsaws ??

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by MoePower, May 29, 2018.

1. I also have a Pioneer RA, and a couple of PM Canadien saws. The one I am posting, is a Pioneer 1750, the PM Canadien is a 380, both 100cc saws. All these saws are runners, but almost all my cutting now being done with my Husky 380, and Shindaiwa 575, also a very nice saw.
    Bob Mac_1-40_lh_s.JPG
    Pioneer_1750_LH_sm.JPG PM_380_LH2_crp_sm.JPG

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
    Okie Pete and Old wolf like this.
  2. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

No chainsaws but I have several vintage axes....And they're always ready to work, no warm-up needed!

Old wolf likes this.
  3. Today I spent using chainsaws. Cutting firewood. Im clearing 4 acres that we bought a year ago. Cutting large trees. and they are all culls. insect damage ,storm damage just twisted knotty hollow & rotten trees. I robbed a couple handfuls from my wifes bowl of Christmas nuts. Planted chestnuts , almonds , pecans, English walnuts and brazil nuts. Don't know if they will grow and thrive here? If they do eventually it will be a really good place to hunt squirrel. I like to eat squirrel.

j-jock likes this.
  4. I was told by someone that has had good success with planting fresh nuts, is to put them in the freezer for a couple of weeks. I was told that it triggers germination.
    I thought I had better double check before posting this, here is a link:
    https://hortnews.extension.iastate.edu/2008/8-27/walnuts.html

I have successfully done this with Gary Oak.
    Bob

5. There is a giant white oak on some property we own. It made a huge acorn crop this year. and the acorn where already sprouting just laying in the wet leaves. I gathered a bucketful and poked a hole and planted them next to the wooden fence post. I was thinking by the time the post rots away the tree will be there to take its place. I will try the freezer trick.

6. badgascoupe

badgascoupe

7. I started out this fall with 4 chain saws. A 55 rancher Husky I bought new in 2000. two relatively new poulans. and a real old 1960,s XL12 Homelite. manual oiler no vibration isolation. I bought it without any bar or chain last spring for $10. The Husky died last week broke the rod. The poulans both developed carb problems. The old Homelite is still going strong. Firewood season is almost over.

Truckdoctor Andy likes this.
  8. There Is a guy on U Tube(Buckin Billy Ray Smith). He has and uses hundreds of vintage axes and Chain saws.

flatheadpete likes this.
  9. Hi, this is She wolf. Yup, I'm married to the old geezer "Old wolf". He left this on so I'm here writing this. He's outside feeding the chickens with Deanie are almost 4 year old grandson.

Chucky and Truckdoctor Andy like this.
  10. sliceddeuce

sliceddeuce

I have an associate that managed to strike himself in the face with a running chainsaw. I care not to operate one.

11. Mooseman

Mooseman

I have an awesome vintage chainsaw I found when clearing out my old garage. It was either one my dad picked up many years ago or it belonged to my grandfather. I really don’t know. It is so awesome looking. I’ll get a picture.

12. Mooseman

Mooseman

Here’s my vintage chainsaw. Seen better days but until I cleaned out the old garage I didn’t even know this was there.

Can anyone educate me on the Pioneer brand.

7FC3D75D-7496-48AE-8467-749AC746ED6F.jpeg

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
  13. egads

egads

14. I think its old enuf to Vote!

15. Thats Ok chainsaws like guns and a lot of things in the wrong hands are dangerious.

16. I found out today my Husky is still alive. It made a pop and quit. No compression at all. I assumed a broke rod. Today I took it apart. The spark plug came unscrewed. Runs great after putting the plug back in.

Truckdoctor Andy likes this.
  17. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

True. But it's the operator that needs to warm up.

18. Dave G in Gansevoort

Dave G in Gansevoort
    from Upstate NY

Had an uncle that sharpened saws as a night/weekend business. He had some mean old chain saws in his shop, but the most impressive was one of those old 2 man saws.

He also had one of those Wright Reciprocating Saws. Think Sawzall on steroids...

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  19. Chainsaws? Surely you can’t be serious.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

20. MoePower

MoePower
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omro, WI

You mean like this ?

IMG_1035.JPG

115 cc's and doesn't cut wood very well, but it is odd !