Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Inspiration: Someone's great idea that made it into your hot rod.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by -Brent-, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Inspired by The Aviation Inspiration of this Hotrod on top of my aviation background I did make a Glove Box based on the $20 to $30 heavy Boxboard ones for 35/36 fords out of Aluminum and Riveted it like the aviation theme going on with the car...

Rear_angle_pre_rivet_sm.jpg

Top_view_sm.jpg

Final_Internal2_mild-polish_small.jpg

0_20180525_185254.jpg

0_20180526_023734.jpg

The latch is STILL...a work in procrastinator Stogy's StogyDo List...:D

But it was a fun fabbing it...I used bristol board to make the pattern and transferred it to the aluminum and used a Vise and some pipe to bend the Aluminum...The back corner tucked and folded was done to clear the Downward curve in the Tank Top...which would not have been an issue in a 35/36...Rivets were Hand shot and Bucked with some done with a Pneumatic Squeezer and a couple of pop rivets were squeeze rivets could not be used...

Engine Turning was done with a Bonding Brush pilot hole size 3/32 with pilot broken off on a drill press with a piece of clamped angle iron moved for each row...

GBBT.jpg
    91043035_L_a61f76d5-2c09-4288-8535-3a08fb11c5fb (2).jpg

Credit to Photographer, Owner

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
  2. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Looks good stogy

Stogy and loudbang like this.
  3. @Stogy Nice. You mentioned adding a latch, have you tried the stock springs on the door; they hold my glove box door shut without the need for a latch (I have the stock key lock; but seldom use it).

Stogy and loudbang like this.
  4. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Rich...I have seen the spring clips you are talking about. I think I will order a set and give them a shot...my aluminum box may need some rework in the clip areas but it's again probably doable and it worked for Ford as you say...;)

Thanks to you all for your support and interest...

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
    loudbang likes this.
  5. A 2 B

A 2 B
    from SW Ontario

Oil Filter Dumps.jpg DSC04198.JPG This was something that may find it's way into a build. When I bought my AV8 it had a set of homemade headers that used a pair of flathead oil filter housings as collectors resulting in readily opened dumps. They were rather crude but uniquely interesting, to me anyhow never having seen this done before.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
    loudbang, chevy57dude and Stogy like this.
  6. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Hey now that a kool period idea. I'm with you on that I have never seen that or even thought about it.

loudbang and Stogy like this.