Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The first (and hopefully only) Car-ona Cruise

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dan Hay, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Ryan's JJ post inspired me, as a long time promoter of the Texas Hot Rod Hundred reliabilty run to do an impromtu cruise through the beautiful Texas countryside. All I really did was take 10 minutes to make a flyer and post it on Facebook. We stayed mostly in our cars to keep up social distancing, and had curbside bbq and ate on our hoods/trunks at Hard 8 in Stephenville, TX. We went about 125 miles, very few other cars on the road, beautiful day. And, we were not careless spreading the virus. Win Win. Here are a few pics. My car launched a tire the night before so I was in a late model. I know now states are moving to 'shelter in place' so we got this thing in just in time. When the restrictions lift again, get out and drive your rod! carona2.jpg carona1.jpg carona2.jpg carona3.jpg carona4.jpg carona6.jpg carona7.jpg carona5.jpg

Hombre, David Gersic, Deuces and 12 others like this.
  2. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

That was a great idea! Thanks for posting pictures

Deuces and Dan Hay like this.
  3. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Great idea indeed..
    I would copy it for our MARQUIS car club, except we go on lock down tomorrow in Wisconsin
    .. :(

4. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good for you! Less TV, less negatives, more positives! We can be safe and still have lives. Thanks for sharing

5. 40ragtopdown

40ragtopdown

6. 40ragtopdown

40ragtopdown

Glad you got to get it in . We go on lock down tonight. Hoping to get a ride in if the rain stops.

Deuces likes this.
  7. That's what I did yesterday, abet by myself.

Deuces and AVater like this.
  8. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

^^ Echo

Deuces likes this.
  9. old.hot.rodder

old.hot.rodder

10. old.hot.rodder

old.hot.rodder

That is a super idea! Love it

Deuces likes this.
  11. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We have been in what pretty comes pretty close to a lockdown here for two weeks with most non essential businesses being closed and many of those closing before the state called for it.
    175 Deaths in the state attributed directly to the virus and 3726 cases documented as positive.
    Simple rule= if you do go for a ride/cruise no matter what state you live in and no matter if there have been no local cases take the cautions including gloves or even a baggie on your hands when you pump gas. You might just handle a pump five minutes after someone who has the virus and is on a 1500 mile bust ass road trip to get home used the pump. If you stop at some popular but deserted spot for a quick photo op don't touch hand rails on steps like we normally do as again someone may have been there just a few minutes ahead of you. Have fun and stay safe.

40ragtopdown and vtx1800 like this.
  12. BLUDICE

BLUDICE

Wish we could do this in Indy, but we went on “lock down” last week. We’re already started having car shows and C&C being cancelled not to mention the Indy 500 - so something like this would definitely be up lifting.

13. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Some of the pics show a total lack of "social distancing"... 2 metres or 6' apart!