Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Very URGENT Request PLEASE

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by corncobcoupe, Mar 22, 2020.

1. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Fellas - very URGENT request and I'm hoping HAMB'rs can help make a difference. It could be a matter of life and death.

Please - PLEASE if any of you fellas have any unopened boxes of Blue Powder Free Nitrile Gloves or unopened boxes of N95 Masks at your house or shop, PLEASE donate them to your local Hospital or Clinic - they are in desperate need of boxes of Blue Powder Free Nitrile gloves ( not the black automotive kind ) and N95 Masks.

Better yet if they were the Blue Powder Free Medical Grade EXAM Gloves.

But, If they are not - Industrial or Food grade gloves can be used for non essential hospital work such as Paperwork - pushing carts - cleaning up etc.

That way Hospitals don't use the surgical grade gloves for general paperwork or cleaning etc.

It is critical. PLEASE if you have any - please go to your local Hospital and donate them.

I think Harbor Freight has some Blue Powder Free ( hopefully ) - they limit it to 4 boxes of 100 gloves but 400 pairs of gloves would help so much. Buy some and take them down to the hospital. Most Hospitals wont let you in at this point - but who ever is the first medical security person that would prevent you from entering - give it to them.

We have many medical people ( My Son - in Medical and Daughter in law in Surgical ) that are at high risk of getting this COVID 19 virus because of a critical shortage of gloves and masks.

This is very serious - a matter of life and death to all of us.
    Please help if you can.

THANK YOU FELLAS !

Thank you Ryan....

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Got email from head of Harbor Freight, they are asking Hospitals to contact main office so HF can donate masks, gloves directly to them

Sent from my SM-G930V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
    jakespeed63, RustEE, Spooky and 11 others like this.
  3. I'm a full time fireman and we run EMS also. Not a huge dept, average 30 runs per day. Our stockpile is 500 N95 masks, we can reuse them unless they get soiled, but at the rate of spread in our state, those masks could be gone quick. The IAFF is working with the federal government to supply first responders work PPE. We'll see what happens.

4. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Our harbor freight is out of gloves and mask . Girl told me they got a pallet. In of masks and they sold out in an hour .

chryslerfan55 likes this.

5. I received the same email. HB seems to be offering them to healthcare workers who need them prior to offering them to public sales.

6. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

20200322_152834.jpg in letter from HF they are asking for those connected to Hospital Emergency Room to contact them only

jakespeed63, Spooky, jim snow and 5 others like this.
  7. mopar57

mopar57

The H.F. near me donated entire stock to locale hospitals. Awesome

8. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

This post is for a call to help and the common good.
    Please lets keep it that way.

I appreciate you fellas stepping up and helping where you can.

9. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Thanks so much! My sister is an RN at Hurley hospital in FLint. Talking with her last night I could hear the desperation in her voice. It's getting bad but will get even worse really soon. Donate what you can. People's lives may depend on it!

wraymen likes this.
  10. cfmvw

cfmvw

We received several inches of snow last night, took out the power. I live off the grid, so no problems here, but my neighbors down the road are without power. I told them if they need water or a place to recharge their phones or whatever to come over. We need to do what we can for each other so we can all get through this.

11. lake_harley

lake_harley

My wife is sewing up face masks from bedsheets. Yes, it's legitimate. She found a tutorial online on just how to do it. An E.R. RN friend verified that hospitals are indeed using them after they launder them. Said in some cases they use them over the "better" masks, probably to protect them from soiling like mentioned in post #3 above. If someone wants a link to the info I'll be happy to get it from my bride.

Lynn

12. Budget36

Budget36

I'd say post it up, can't find even a dust mask in town, my mom is 84, if I have to take her somewhere I'd like as much protection for her as possible.

Thanks

13. lake_harley

lake_harley

Budget36 likes this.
  14. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Your link works. Thank you.

15. khead47

khead47

So much for all the badmouthing on HF. Good on them.

16. Elcohaulic

Elcohaulic

I like Harbor Freight and always shop there..

17. xtralow

xtralow
    from So Cal

Hoarding Hospital type supplies ? ... I seen this tonight on the news starts at about 4:10 hoarding supplies / black market ?

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
    jakespeed63 likes this.
  18. HellsHotRods

HellsHotRods

19. Shutter Speed

Shutter Speed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I’m not great with sewing machines, but the face mask video is excellent. Several neighbors are cranking these out for our local Medical Center and VA Hospital.

The support coming from the citizenry now is amazing, and sounding an awful lot like stories I’ve heard of the Home Front during WW2. Exactly what makes us strong.

1Nimrod, J_J2, Elcohaulic and 2 others like this.
  20. Chavezk21

Chavezk21

As a Healthcare worker(imaging, CT/MRI) I really appreciate this rally. Thanks to everyone who has donated supplies to hospitals!

Budget36 likes this.
  21. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Is it possible to reuse "used" gloves by exposing them to UV light or microwave?

Texas57 likes this.
  22. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

I work in health care - please don't use a piece of kitchen paper, or a sheet as a mask.

Research the size of this virus, and the size of the holes in the product you wish to make the "mask" out of - most products are very porous and will let micro-organisms pass through. Hence why the N-95 masks were introduced.

remember these virus are transferred by droplet, fine droplets are a normal pattern of breathing, hence why the social distancing policy has been introduced. Stay at home, minimize your outdoor activities, and stay well. And for goodness sakes - use valid scientifically supported methods of protection, not some hairbrained system you saw on social media.

23. lake_harley

lake_harley

Just repeating what a R.N. told my wife. If the proper masks aren't available and/or are in short supply I'd think something would be better than nothing?

Lynn

24. toml24

toml24

You can also donate BLOOD to the Red Cross at their facilities throughout the United States. These are tough times and you can be a hero and donate blood today.

Budget36 likes this.
  25. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

Just found 9 n95 masks in the attic of the garage, mailed them to my niece who is a Dr in a childrens hospital thru her mother who is a nurse. Not enough but all I had.

Legends47 and Hotdoggin DaddyO like this.
  26. It reminds me of the “no smoking” section in the restaurant and then that’s the same as the no peeing section in the swimming pool.

And if the sick wear a mask it’s bound to stop some droplets. A lot like not lightning up in the restaurant and not pissing in the swimming pool.

27. I found a unopened box of blue nitrile gloves.
    Clearly marked “non sterile.”
    I’d send em if I knew they would not hurt someone

28. It's a good thing people are helping people with "things" (like gloves) car guys normally use. I went online to look at getting a new paint respirator today without giving it a 2nd thought & it seems a lot of the body shop supply places are sold out of them. I went to Amazon & this note is under every listing; "Available only for hospitals and government agencies directly responding to COVID-19". Then reality kicked in. Who would have ever thought we would all be living through something like this? I went in for open heart surgery on Friday Feb. 28th & a few days later I turned the tv set on to the news in my hospital room to see empty shelves + the virus all over the news. Geeze... all I did was spend a few days on morphine and good drugs & everything went to hell. Fast forward to the present. I went out to the garage yesterday and lined up and finished mounting a 74 Nova rear axle to a 49 Chev sedan frame. That was the most fun I have had in awhile. In closing, I give thanks to all the people in the medical field for doing what they do.

29. toml24

toml24

I've had elective cataract surgery postponed once from April to early May and I figure it's just a matter of time before I get another phone call from the good doctor saying the new surgery date is July or August.

Gary 4T950 Chevy Guy likes this.