Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Electronic Ignition?????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bruce Fischer, Mar 15, 2020.

1. The pick up coil doesn’t mount in the same place has the breaker points,,, thus altering the ignition timing . It’s of course the electrizical demons fault if you don’t even check the timing

Bruce Fischer, 62rebel and tubman like this.
  2. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Did you read the last part of the post?:(

3. 62 Rebel, I originally put the dist. with points in wrong that when it all started. Then I pulled it out again and put on the electric ignition I should know to day if she will run. Thanks Bruce.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  4. GOOD NEWS guys.Got the dist. in right and the wires on right and she is running like a sewing machine. Took her down to put some gas in her with my step son riding shot gun .After putting some gas in it you should of seen his face when I said you drive it back. LOL. Now I have to see what I can do about the steering box leaking. It just looks like a little gasket on top of the box that's bad but its sure makes a mess. Thanks for all your in put guys and have a good evening. Bruce. 002.JPG

5. Slopok

Slopok

Clap Clap Clap!!!:)
    Now get rid of it and go get yourself that wagon you've always wanted!

6. upspirate

upspirate

Distributor 180 degree off?

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  7. gene-koning

gene-koning

Bruce, if the steering box leak is at the place the power steering hoses connect to the steering box, there are 2 "O" rings under there that will go bad if the bolts were not tight.
    When you replace those two "O" rings, be sure the steering box surface is clean and flat. Sometimes a lot of crud builds up around the "O" rings.
    That fitting is also an adjustment point for centering the steering when its under power. After you clean up the steering box surface and replace the "O" rings, when you put it back together, you need to start the car and let it idle. If the power steering pulls the steering wheel in either direction, you need to adjust the fitting. When you are looking at the box from the front of the car, slightly loosen the retaining bolts, and with a small hammer, tap the fitting towards the opposite side the box pulls the steering. Small taps work best, if you go too far, it will pull the steering the other way. That fitting simply needs to be in a position that it doesn't pull the steering wheel either direction. When you get it to that point, don't forget to tighten the retaining bolts.
    If you have the new "O" rings, the entire job takes about 15 minutes. The "O" rings used to be available as a kit at local parts stores, but these days, you will probably have to have the old "O" rings off to match them up from a generic "O" ring supply box. Gene

8. Yup and wires on wrong.Bruce.

9. Thanks Gene.At work we have a whole box of different size o rings.Bruce.

10. PA030012.JPG Now Teresa G.M.C. is running rough. I have to look at that and still have to cut up that big tree that came down on our lower drive way.Heres Justin taking a crack at it .Does this ever stop???LOL. Bruce.

chryslerfan55, jim snow and bobss396 like this.
  11. YUP.Bruce.

bobss396 likes this.
  12. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'd be moving the p/u before finishing the cut but that's just me.

13. 4E7CE8EC-8A14-4DD7-925E-6C4CD1E4141A.gif

glad you figured it out!
    Satisfying when you get things just right!!

14. 51504bat.That why he stopped right there. I cut a few top pieces off and that tree is VERY heavy. I have to get a bigger chain saw to finish the job. Bruce.

15. Been driving the Plymouth to work past couple of days and it seems like people don't like to be pasted by older cars. On the way to work if I pass 1 they always speed up and pass me .I LOVE IT. You all have a good weekend, its going to hit 80 here today.P.S still looking for that station wagon trade. Bruce.

16. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good to hear that you're still in the hunt for a HAMB friendly wagon. Always have my eyes open in SoCal but unfortunately people are asking stupid money for total POS's.

chryslerfan55 and Bruce Fischer like this.
  17. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

Lucky you, I woke up to 3 degrees this morning!

chryslerfan55 and Bruce Fischer like this.
  18. 5150bat.I know that about the $$$$$ thing. I use to be able to afford station wagons but no more. that's why I have been holding on to the Plymouth. Everyone knows I am a wagon guy but just got to find some one wanting to trad for a hot rod. Thanks Bruce.

19. s55mercury, going to be 80 here again today. Finally had to kick on the A.C. here. Bruce.

warhorseracing and s55mercury66 like this.
  20. So you’re saying you got the third degree?

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

s55mercury66 likes this.
  21. Built a fire in the fire place to keep warm again last night since the heat took a dump AGAIN, and its only about 7 years old. A. C. still works well. Good news it going to warm up today. They have the 3 towns here on lock down here..I have a special permit to drive since we deliver parts to the police, fire and santan. Depts.You wouldn't know it with all the people driving around here. A lot of out of state tags here too. Where are they all going? Every thing is closed? Even the Great Smoky Park. You all have a good weekend and stay safe! Bruce.

bobss396 likes this.
  22. I told ya, open season on NY drivers... no bag limit! Everyone is heading for the hills... and bringing the virus with them. The motel and hotels of course need to sell rooms.. bring your own TP.

23. AGREED .LOL. Bruce.