Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

Sold

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by Brentphx, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Brentphx

Brentphx

City: Chandler

State: Arizona
    Price: 13999
    Price: $13,999 USD
    Price: $8,999 USD
    I think it's time to let someone else play. This is a very original 1950 "Shoebox" Ford sedan. I have copies of the original sales paperwork and most of the service receipts from before my time. Even have the factory option tube radio sitting on the shelf. Sold new in Long Beach, CA it remained in CA most of its life. From what I can tell, I am the 3rd owner. It was restored and repainted maroon in the 90's. It runs the original 239 cu.in. 8BA flathead and 3 speed column shifted transmission. This car drives beautifully and gets a ton of attention wherever I take it. I don't want to park it at car shows with a for sale sign, so I've priced it to sell here! It's a great 10' car, gets a ton of attention everywhere I take it.

The good: I had the wiring harness replaced and converted to 12v, the transmission is recently gone through and I had gears replaced with n.o.s. gears. The motor had evapo-rust run through for days, the only thing left I could have done inside the motor would be to dip it but I'm not willing to yank the motor... it runs too well. New 5 core desert radiator keeps things cool. Period original sun visor makes a huge difference when cruising and period original fender skirts look slick parked or moving. The spot light on the drivers side is original, though it needs re-wiring to 12v. These aren't knock-offs, they're original from what I can find. It has real dual exhaust, not a split pipe. Dropping the price here only for fellow hambers.

Here are more pictures: http://s24.photobucket.com/user/brentphx/library/Shoebox

Here's my H.A.M.B. thread: https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/my-shoebox-build.938521

The honest truth: There is so much I want to get done but I keep holding off so that I don't start changing anything that can't be undone. It has minimal rust and what is there is where you'd expect. Before spending bucks on new paint, you'd want to replace the rockers, the fill panel by the rear bumper, and there's a 1" hole in the bottom of the spare tire well in the trunk. The chrome on the bumpers is flaking off, I was going to sand down to steel and repaint with Alsa Easy Chrome but will hold off in case you want to go real show chrome. The drivers side glass was cracked by the transport company on delivery to me, I have the replacement glass but I held off to do the whisker kit at the same time.

I have many parts ready to go in/on that I never got around to. I have an electric fuel pump to prime the vacuum pump (not yet installed). 2.5" drop springs for the front w/ camber kit, 3" drop leafs for the rear, air shocks to help get up bigger bumps if needed (not yet installed). I have a 1952 automatic column if you'd like to ditch the 8BA flathead. I have original finned Fenton heads and 2x2 intake w/ carbs that I might be able to include, I held off because I would need to replace the distributor with a mechanical advance model and it runs too well. The heads/intake are worth $1k on their own, we can discuss including them in the sales price. I have new window felt/whisker kit ready to install. New in box interior handles/window rollers. I was considering going with A/C so I also have an electric fan/wiring kit if you want to ditch the mechanical fan.

I can arrange for access if you want to send your expert over. I'm a few miles away from several custom shops, so don't take my word on it. Come over and see or I'll facetime and walk you around and show you the honest car. You can arrange shipping if you're not local... I work from home and can be here to help load- there's plenty of room on the street for a shipper to pick it up. $15k is priced to sell, especially with all the extras I have. Let's talk.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
    32SEDAN likes this.
  2. Brentphx

Brentphx

Here's a few pictures of the parts yet to be installed... Let's make a deal...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. Brentphx

Brentphx

Bump and price drop to $13999, I'm going to be using the space for a laser cutter... Willing to talk trade for a good quality, name brand machine like Epilog or Trotec.

4. Brentphx

Brentphx

Bump... I'm slowly getting ready to have it at the GoodGuys show in November, where just like everyone else I'll have to raise the price lol. Get it while the getting's good.

5. Brentphx

Brentphx

Adding video. I'm about to order Coker classics and have them installed, which will mean I will raise the price accordingly... on the off chance you're waiting to reply and would rather have another brand of tire... act now or forever hold your peace!

6. Brentphx

Brentphx

7. Brentphx

Brentphx

Goodguys update... I'll be parked on the lawn all weekend with a for sale sign!

8. Brentphx

Brentphx

9. Brentphx

Brentphx

Hi, just letting you know that I've dropped the price significantly... I'm motivated to sell, I need the garage space back for my business. If you're interested, let's talk. I'll take $8999 and include all the speed parts.

--Brent

Elcohaulic likes this.
  10. Brentphx

Brentphx

Sorry mods- can't figure out how to mark this as sold and remove it. Please kill it for me!