Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods My “pet peeve” UNANSWERED messages.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Flatheadjohn47, Mar 25, 2020.

1. 67drake

67drake
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Muscoda WI

Common courtesy isn’t common anymore.

AVater and Deuces like this.
  2. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I PM'd a fella about tire and wheel sizes on his '40 truck (really a nice fit) and he never responded. Too bad, I really wanted that information. I took it as an insult. He insulted my request. He insulted my authority, and that ain't nothin but pure and simple old fashioned communism!

Deuces, prpmmp and Desoto291Hemi like this.
  3. Billy,,,,man ,,,you tickle me,,,I laugh at a lot of your posts .

Tommy

Deuces and Bandit Billy like this.
  4. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

but from at least 6 feet! :D

Desoto291Hemi, 56don and Deuces like this.
  5. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My mom would have told him it was time to fuck, fight, or go for his gun! The nerve of some people.

Deuces and Bandit Billy like this.
  6. prpmmp

prpmmp

Man!! You guys need a snickers!!! Oh thit! If you don,t have any at home then you are SOL!! Now I need a SNICKERS!! Pete

7. the only PM's I've got are from guys that just hunt the for sale adds here.. I ignore this one
    dude since he just low balls every time.. then when I counter.. can't seem to come up with extra
    $$$$ to get a deal done.. I gladly answer guys/gals here on the classified if they contribute to the board
    here.. I just can't stand the folks that are just listing stuff for sale and lurkers who are just buying..to resale..

Deuces likes this.
  8. I sell stuff through all the usual places (not here, because I am on the other side of the planet), and only answer about 10% of "messages", because-
    30% are the generic "Hi, is this still available?" auto reply, and I used to send them a reply with a phone number- They never ring back.
    30% are the ones where you are selling something for $100 and the y just send you a message that says "20"- no units, no "hello", nothing else.
    The other 30% tell you to hang on to it, don't sell it, I'll definately come on the weekend to buy it, and you never hear from them again.
    I still sell stuff, and don't have to deal with the mouth breathers. The "delete" button on my computer is worn out.

rob-redm and Deuces like this.
  9. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

I hear you. My son was taught to be polite. One day we got a call to visit his teacher...3rd grade
    She was complaining about the same thing. And proceeded to tell us that he told her that he learned to say, "yes, sir and yes, ma'am" from me because that's what we do in the military. Well, the bitch just couldn't believe that I was in the military and proceeded to berate my son. He also told her that I was a police officer in the military and that I jumped out of airplanes and slid down ropes.
    She responded by telling us that the U.S. Army does not have police officers that jump out of airplanes and slide down ropes. Hmm! I set the bitch straight when I told her that my son is not lying and that I am a Military Police Officer/Investigations and that I am Airborne and Air Assault and that he will not answer her with "yes, ma'am or no, ma'am" and that she will be answered to with "what did you say, bitch?"... My wife about fell out of her chair.

10. Hmm , news to me. I guess old farts can still learn new stuff.