Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Are you guys in a car club still having your monthly meetings ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Mar 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. With the social distancing and some Governor's implementing no more than ten people can meet at a time are you still having club meetings?

We went to the grocery store yesterday and there had to be a hundred or more people in the building.

Tri-City Rod & Custom has a meeting once a month on the second Thursday and since we started the club in 1972 we have never not had a meeting.

Our club has a average of 12 to 16 attend the meeting and we usually meet at a restaurant but with all of the restaurants being mandated to close the dining rooms so we know that ain't going to happen.

I guess it's just a slippery slope with the current state of affairs. HRP

OLSKOOL57 likes this.
  2. All clubs locally have cancelled all events and meetings for the next month , under govt instruction.
    All council places , normally open to the public are closed , in fact everything not deemed "essential industry" is shut for 4 weeks . The country is in lock down from midnight tonight .

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  3. squirrel

squirrel

Our meeting scheduled for Monday has been canceled.

But then, so has everything else car-related. I took Plan II out for a spin today, though.

4. I took the old beater out today myself. HRP

5. von zipper

von zipper

We just had one before it got worse! Our cruise nights at the Brauerhouse May be postponed for a while.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Lil32, Jalopy Joker and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  6. uncleandy 65

uncleandy 65

I'm in two different clubs and both have cancelled meetings till maybe May or June

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  7. wvenfield

wvenfield

Our "club" is three people and if by "meeting" you mean working on our cars, that would be a yes.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  8. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

I belong to the Dells Area Cruisers and have since 1991. We put on the Dells automation Show in Wisconsin Dells every May at Noahs Arc a local water park. This year we where suppose to be moving to Mount Olympus a larger water park. The show is mid May, our march meeting was canceled and our April meeting was suppose to be at the park but today the governor declared that all non essential business are close till April 24th at least. I do not think at this point we will be having meetings or a show. Only time will tell. But since I am a Finish carpenter we are considered essential and are still working. Hope someone told the virus how essential we are!! Be smart and be safe! Larry

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  9. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

all engines stopped - using email, text

uncleandy 65 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  10. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Nope... especially so since the NSRA show here in Tampa in early April was cancelled. We are the host club for that, but now don't have anything to "organize or staff" until our fall Hot Dog Bash.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
    HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  11. We have a small group, less than 20 and decided amongst ourselves that our weekly get-togethers should be cancelled for the next 2 weeks and then decide from there what to do.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  12. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Our SCTA member club, San Diego Roadster Club has cancelled our monthly meeting and our awards banquet. I believe the other associate clubs are doing the same.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  13. Hummm - grocery stores a necessity......car meeting maybe no.....sounds like some common sense......

MO54Frank, Dick Stevens and squirrel like this.
  14. Pete1

Pete1
    from Wa.

Our club is one of the oldest post war clubs and we only have 3 lucid members left so we meet whenever we can all agree on a place to meet. Usually someone's home. We booze it for awhile, eat for awhile, then snooze for awhile. Then we go home. We still run a sprint car, a Bonnevile car and a stock F3 flatbed.

15. If you want your club to meet yet maintain proper social distance use an app like Zoom. The leader arranges time and gets a meeting number from Zoom. Everyone signs into app before meeting time. You can see each other like "Hollywood Squares" and everyone can talk. It's kind of fun.

Phil

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  16. I really wanted to move forward and go ahead and have the club meeting at my house but knowing most of our club members are in there 60's, 70's and a couple of members are in their 80's I think it best not to put anyone at risk, I suppose there is a first time for everything, cancelling the meeting would be the smart thing to do. HRP

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
    pprather likes this.
  17. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

We shut all of our events, chapter and directors meetings down last week until things turn around.

18. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

You should be taking this thing seriously Danny.
    It appears to be taking out some of the more wise and knowledgeable members of our society if you get my drift ;):)

Car club meetings with all those smart experienced members is not a good idea right now.

Be smart and be safe my friend.
    Larry.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
    HOTRODPRIMER and chopped like this.
  19. Our normal monthly club run was to be at a local pub on this Sunday, been cancelled as all pubs are closed now, our next monthly club meeting on the 1st Tuesday in April has been cancelled, also normally held at a local pub as has our 20th Annual WinteRun in May and its doubtful if there will be any runs, meetings or events of any sort for at least 3-4 months at a minimium.........have plenty of magazines to read, models to build and hotrod to drive around the block or two.........the skies not falling in yet.........lol......hopefully........andyd.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  20. 38686090_10155736663467776_6244775516583231488_n (2).jpg No,until this virus thing is over!

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  21. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

The Camsnappers meet at a members garage monthly in winter, bi-weekly in spring, summer, fall. We had a meeting first week of March but April's meeting was canceled.
    I did take the roadster out for a trip the other day though. . . 20200314_132847.jpg

hfh and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  22. V8 Bob

V8 Bob
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Our club decided over a week ago to put our by/monthly meetings on hold for the time being.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  23. lowrd

lowrd

Two meetings called off, one car show cancelled pending any new information.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  24. No club. Lone wolf.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  25. Yep. Kingsport Antique and Rod Club (46 y/o). Also canceled our long going Wilderness Trail Rod Run in May.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  26. I am the president of the club and I called the VP, he agreed we should cancel the April meeting and also our trip to the car museum in Clarksville,Ga, I talked to the secretary and he will send out a e-mail to the members.

Interestingly enough the guys I talked to were not surprised and actually expected the cancellation. HRP

LOU WELLS likes this.
  27. Dusty roads

Dusty roads
    BANNED

We had our last meeting, until further notice, last Saturday at the Cruise-in here in AZ.

28. raymay

raymay

Our car club is in its 50th year. We always met the first Monday of each month. During the week several of us gray beards meet for a weekly lunch and a Saturday breakfast. Since NY has closed all restaurants except for takeout and other businesses that do not meet the essential needs criteria, we have cancelled our April meeting and my lunches now usually consist of PB&J at home. Hopefully things will get back to normal. Lots of events going into May have already been cancelled. I cancelled a Spring trip to Florida to see Family and Grandsons. Now the airline keeps taunting me with $39 airfare and the Florida Governor says anyone coming down will be asked to observe a 14 day quarantine. Already been staying at home for over a week except for an occasional trip for groceries and a daily walk.

RSR1.jpg

29. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

We Have A Safety Meeting Every Sunday Afternoon At My Shop...(36 Years)... CoupesInc_Pocatello.jpg

30. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Only email an phone for now between us,,,no lunch outs or dinner meets or car shows here in miami fl. One of our guys just moved up to Gainsville Fl. so we kind of lost a key guy that way. https://hotrodlegends.weebly.com/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.