Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Ram-Air Restorations.com

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Eric GILROY, Mar 24, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Eric GILROY

Eric GILROY
    from GILROY CA

Has anyone else been ripped off by this company. He got me for 439.00 on a back order of Ram Air round port manifolds. ordered them 6-12-19. Owner said he was having problems with foundry so I was patient with him. for months . I would check in with him from time to time. now I want a refund and left a bunch of massages and never get a call back. be aware .

2. 2manycars2littletime

2manycars2littletime
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've purchased from Paul in the past and never had a problem, but I haven't purchased anything recently.

You can also get these parts from Ames Performance, NPD, Butler Performance and other Pontiac suppliers.
    Might be worth making some calls to see if anyone has what you need in stock.

3. Poncho60

Poncho60
    from N Illinois

The manifolds from the other sources aren't necessarily the same as those from RAir from what I remember.

4. VOETOM

VOETOM
    from MO

Eric, what Poncho said is accurate. Paul's are different and hopefully he is still around and doing well. I know from time to time he did have foundry delays. I sure hope he calls you.
    Tom Hand

5. 2manycars2littletime

2manycars2littletime
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

6. Eric GILROY

Eric GILROY
    from GILROY CA

I know his manifolds had a good reputation so that's why I was willing to stay on back order for a few months, and I know he was having problems with a new foundry. He used to answer the phone and give me a up date . but in the last months he never answers the phone or responds to any massages.
    It takes a lot for me to say something negative about a business.

7. You have to lower your expectations when ordering "out of stock", low production specialty items like these. The seller is at the mercy of the whims of the foundry, just like you. It just comes with the territory for all parties.
    But I do agree with you 100% that the seller has to communicate what is going on as soon as he knows it, even if it's a string of bad news. If he is being strung along and lied to with broken promises, then he needs to relay that and not avoid following up or stonewalling just because that's what he is dealing with on the other end. When money changes hands, obligations ramp up, not fade away.
    It sucks the way this can hold up a project. There are so many of these types of horror stories, buyers need to negotiate favorable terms for themselves going in. Offer an earnest money payment to show you are committed to buy the yet to be crafted item, but set a time limit that you can live with such as 60 days, 90 days, etc. Pay with a credit card or PayPal because of the "protection" policies in case you need that. Get your terms in writing and be business-like and fair on your end. Don't buy elsewhere until the time has elapsed. It might not hurt to look around, though so you have options should you need them later.

31hotrodguy, Deuces and Gasser 57 like this.
  8. cheezwiz

cheezwiz

I called him last fall about the manifolds. He told me then he was having problems and said he didn't have any idea when he could have some. I just ordered a stainless header kit and built headers.

Deuces likes this.
  9. Sucks...... I'de look possibly at site's he might frequent....Pontiac site's..... maybe get some other feedback regarding what's goin' on with this. Either way- not cool!

31hotrodguy likes this.