Register now to get rid of these ads!

So, Now What?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My wife is a freaking nonstop beast. She can't sit still at home, and when she found out we were going to have to sit tight here for a while she made a list a freaking mile and a half long, in an 8-point font. I made a trip to the grocery store about 10 days ago to stock up on essentials, and when I got back to the house she was on a damn ladder spraying water on the popcorn ceiling coating in my leather sewing room and scraping it off. She does a piss poor job and I am real anal about shit, so I took over and finished it. But FIRST I had to move all the shit out of the room, including my zillion pound industrial sewing machine, my entire stock of leather, leather racks, books, bookshelves, stereo setup, even the god-damned partridge in a pear tree. Then of course the next day I had to mix up a vat of drywall mud and do a knockdown texture on it. Woman then says we need to paint while the room is empty. I said go ahead, I'm going out into the shop, I've had enough of this bullshit. Three hours later I come back in and "WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT SMELL?" She's using 25 year old EXTERIOR PRIMER that she found somewhere in our stash of paint, and it smells like coyote piss mixed with Budweiser and oatmeal chili farts. This is on DAY 2 of confinement, it's about 7 days later and I have barely had a break from her frenetic sorting, cleaning, tossing, re-arranging madness.

I thought I would be spending entire days in the shop sorting, cleaning, tossing and re-arranging, but so far all I've done is gone out there when she need me to do something that requires a damned screwdriver, pliers or some picture-hanging crap.

I am so thankful that our society doesn't allow polygamy, because if I had more than one wife around here all wound up like this one is I'm not sure I wouldn't have to run the roto-tiller across the bed while they slept.

Women. I swear, if it wasn't for their unique anatomy there'd be a bounty on them.

Someone help me please!!

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
  2. jbon64

jbon64
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

from october to january i was recovering from surgery and loved not leaving the house. now i'm an "essential worker" (i work for comcast , line tech ,internet phone and video) and only wish i could self isolate ......but then last weekend my girlfriend and i were isolated and about killed each other. i was actually glad to go back to work this morning

Blue One, Deuces, OLSKOOL57 and 2 others like this.
  3. ramblin dan

ramblin dan

I'm finding like other people I'm suffering from information overload. I start watching something on tv and when a commercial comes on I automatically flip to the news to see where were at in the world with the hope of some kind of relief that never seems to come. By the end of night I end up in the bedroom watching dvd's of The Three Stooges that for some reason makes what's happening go away for a bit.

4. Well come on Dana! How fast did you go??

5. I haven’t cleaned/organized my shop in four years. I know, I'm a sloth, but tomorrow I plan to start on a deep cleaning that will restore it to the shape it was in when we moved in 17 years ago....(or maybe not).

scotty t, Deuces, nochop and 2 others like this.
  6. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'd say that it is time to do some of those never get around to it because ________ things that take a lot of time but don't cost anything or much of anything and don't require extra trips to the parts house or hardware/lumber supply. Round to it is here for a lot of us and now we have thetime.
    Sorting and cleaning and organizing the tools, sorting out the fasteners, maybe reworking those shelves you have been putting off doing because you didn't want to fool with all the stuff that was on them. Sorting out the parts for multiple projects and putting them on on designated shelves for that project so you can find them and maybe making a list of said parts including the duplicates you already have because you forgot you already had one when you grabbed another at a swapmeet last year. It's time to get some of those things done on the car that seem to take more time than you have available normally when your day off is taken up with other activities that will start up in abandon when all this is over. When the all clear horn blows it is going to be nuts out there with catching up with activities, running to visit those you haven't seen in months, having family and friends show up at the house and all the other distractions that are often major parts of our lives.
    I'd suggest again, when you are sitting there on Saturday morning and lamenting that the event you would have gone to has been canceled stick the entry fee and maybe a bit of what you would have spent on food, gas and beverages in a kitty so you have a built up kitty when the time comes for when you can jump in the rod and head out to an event., You might even have enough to be able to swing a bucket list event that you never can seem to afford.

Lastly and most important, remember this is a war we are fighting, we aren't sending our young folks off to fight but we are fighting it at home and just as our parents, grand parents and their peers fought WWII as a group with almost everyone doing their part we have to do our part and that is keep our space, stay home or at least stay away from others that either might infect us or worse yet that we might infect.
    Just because the store is open don't be running down there to "shop" have a serous list and be on a mission when you need things and keep your space and get out.

Chris, tractorguy, Deuces and 3 others like this.
  7. grumpy65

grumpy65

Hilarious.:D:D:D
    Oh, wait. I hope you were joking !!!
    Anyway, stay busy.:rolleyes:

8. ENUF 41

ENUF 41

Been there done that, Thank you for giving one third of your life to the public!

9. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Anybody want to trade? I got a case of TP I'll take flatty dual carb manifold for...;););) :D:D:D

raven, bobss396, Petejoe and 8 others like this.
  10. pumpman

pumpman

Just got a state emergency warning to stay at home from 12:00 tonight. I was in the pole barn cleaning up and the alert scared the shit out of me. Now in the house having a cold beverage and for now all is good.

stay safe HAMBERS!!

11. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Well come on Dana! How fast did you go??[/QUOTE]
    Beside me,I also had young{19yo} Carlos that was a very good 10 speed racer. He hung around an helped a little on my hot rods. When I said I was going to design an build a bike for the DuPont Prize,he wanted in as main power{he being much younger n faster then me . The fastist bike was just over 52 MPH, Carlos made a 50.09 run. No one made the 65 MPH that the prize was put up for,tell 2 years latter.<by cheeting I think.
    The first year,we did go back next year,we an every one did a little better,but still no winner. I did make a run each year with me as power too ,38 mph an a 39.74 ,,you young guys have a bigger motor LOL
    Fun though. Who can say they raced there own designed an built vehicle at the Indy 500 track.?The speed may not sound high,but it had to be done with no wind or hill an all alone. The very best Olympics riders on there bikes alone can only do about 40 MPH+ they can't by rules use a aero body.
    How about some hot rods on a big race track;
    81715homesteadmiamispeedway1.jpg

12. OLSKOOL57

OLSKOOL57

Yes, it certainly does !

13. OLSKOOL57

OLSKOOL57

Preach It Brother!! Amen from this corner!

Deuces, 37hotrod and grumpy65 like this.
  14. ronnieroadster

ronnieroadster

The weather briefly last week was plenty warm enough to get the roadster out for the new season. Now its turned cold and wet so no top off rides for a while. And now the state is on complete shut down but thats not going to stop me from heading to the shop to continue on the race car so were ready for Speedweek. No visitors allowed until this virus stuff is gone.

Tman, mad mikey, Deuces and 2 others like this.
  15. Stan Back

Stan Back
    from California

Thank God we're saving the airlines and cruise ships!

Hope you guys who already have lost your jobs with no compensation can save up a few years (if you're still alive) to visit them.

16. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

I tell you that she can tackle anything because she got you trained to fix what ever don't come out right. Now when the wife comes up with a "we" should do xx I say "you should find somebody to take care of that" My motto is 71 and done.

17. Been a blast! Come August I've got 4 years left :D oh, to retire that is ;)

Deuces, OLSKOOL57 and dana barlow like this.
  18. Yep....working from home started today....so I drove into Dallas....then over to Garland....then McKinney and finished up in Plano before coming home.....keeping those MX-915 credit cards working for my supermarket customers.....at home I can bounce around from project to project....after a short grass mowing I hit the alternator issue - then as it beat me back - I moved on to the 56 Imperial demo...cause it needs to go........oh and started my 1966 CT90 with the new battery....it'd been down a while.....keep on keeping on !

chryslerfan55 and Deuces like this.
  19. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

That’s the best one yet, stay safe

Blue One, Deuces and OLSKOOL57 like this.
  20. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

We are under a stay home order too, so there’s pretty much nowhere to go but the grocery store or drug store. Still a lot of people on the roads though! But I’m out here working, sitting in TN again tonight for AM delivery. Us truckers are considered necessary, so far, I’m still getting to haul. I figure my off time will be in a couple or three weeks when the spring buy sale prices end on the shingles and everybody will be stocked up with nobody buying because they have been off.

The dry van and reefer guys will be busy a while until the stores get restocked and the panic buying stops, then they will go back to normal . I’ve got grass that needs cutting if it will stop raining on my off days, as well as other things that have piled up.

We are in severe weather season, so I figure there will be a few more storms that will get some roofs, and I’ll get busy again. Hope we don’t, but we expect it this time of the year.

Lloyd's paint & glass and Deuces like this.
  21. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks @Ryan, the platform you have given us here has been a virtual Hotrod/Custom social distancing tool for quite some time for me...I never thought of it as that...definately recognized the virtual Carshow/Garage/Shop aspect though but today another interesting way to look at what you have given us...

High Praise from me for connecting us.

Great Hotrod Pic...One of my Faves indeed...what I wouldn't give to have the opportunity to hop in it and go for a winding cruise through a scenic road in my world...

A wish for Good Health to you and all close to you...

I extend that wish and thank you to all helping prevent, heal and deal with this crisis...you are brave and ethical beyond my words...

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
  22. I'm working night shift at our regional medical center. Only wish things were normal so I could just worry about ridiculous crap on my car instead. Y'all take care. Hug someone you love.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

23. Someone went home to self quarantine for 14 days as they might have been exposed....not in my department though. Other departments have either gone to split shifts or on call....we're still in. I work in a water district, nothing glamorous, just on all the portable equipment and vehicles......I support the ones who keep the water flowing in (and out :)).

Stogy and Deuces like this.
  24. Symptoms to watch out for:

I am a medical professional at a hospital. Currently these are early symptoms we are seeing in our community. Including friends of mine.

Severe migraine like headache
    Muscle cramps and aches
    Extremely tired feeling

Symptoms may or may not progress at this point. Please be advised if they get worse then go to a hospital. Especially shortness of breath as a secondary pneumonia is seen as well.

Be aware and stay away from others. My cases are not confirmed as they aren't serious enough to be tested. Please take care and be safe. I know this is off topic but I wanted to help my friends who have helped me so much.

25. On a lighter note....

Here's Corona. She has viruses.... tapatalk_1547523398431.jpeg

26. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I like her style safely from this front row seat...

Thank You for you and your care and expertise as those at the Frontline Essential Service @Nicholas Coe

27. Thank you sir. I'm honored to call myself a HAMB member. This club allows me to relax a bit. Just the opportunity I need to laugh and maybe learn something too.

Gasser 57, Deuces, mad mikey and 3 others like this.
  28. Gahrajmahal

Gahrajmahal

I would say as a cross section of the population 100% of Hamber’s homes are already fully stocked with nitrile gloves, eye protection and a variety of face masks.

29. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I disagree with 100% being one who tells many to PPE up on numerous occasions

However...

Knowing Many may have Vital PPE @corncobcoupe put out this URGENT Sticky he has Family at the Frontline and Knows of the Need and reached out...and I stress Unopened has been mentioned...;)

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/very-urgent-request-please.1188186/

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
  30. Absolutely! Please look and help your local community if you can.

chryslerfan55, Deuces and Stogy like this.