Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods How Are you Using The Time Off

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Speed Gems, Mar 21, 2020.

1. I'm planning a move to another house in a few weeks. Getting laid off work means I've been going through all my stuff in my garage and tossing anything that won't be used on my 34. I've lived here since 1984 so I've collected a lot of crap!
    I'm staying home....with my asthma and stage 4 cancer I cannot get this virus. Prolly wouldn't make it through it. garage1_15_1.jpg garagem_t.jpg

2. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's Scary @Rocky...I ain't the healthiest spring Chicken either but I'm thinking of those less fortunate such as you in my isolation...:( You won't get it from me because I'm not out and potentially spreading...and this is going to go on for an unknown time...You are in my thoughts.

Paul, Lil32, Uribe and 2 others like this.
  3. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

In light of what I heard that claim may have been countered with science and health data...these are band-aids of course to something with no cure...of course check the latest updates to verify...

To All Hambers...Just a Heads up @corncobcoupe put up an Urgent Sticky...Link Below or Look to the top...

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/very-urgent-request-please.1188186/

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
    chryslerfan55 likes this.
  4. Cymro

Cymro

Stay calm guys and stay put as much as possible, heed the Health Warnings and take care.
    I live in a rural area, in Wales (UK) and over the past two weeks, we have seen day trippers coming to the local shops in a spate of panic buying, yet there are plenty of supplies getting delivered.
    Holiday homes were occupied very early in the season, and caravan sites packed out with people escaping the cities, yet the Pubs and Bars in these Holiday areas were packed out with people, attempting to avoid social contact??????????????? Go figure. Bars and restaurants were shut by order of the Government on the 20th of March and many churches have temporarily suspended services due to the virus.
    Local Medical services that are normally stretched to capacity, will seriously struggle to cope with the demands of the increased population even without having to react to any outbreak of the virus.

Please look out for for your family, friends and those in your community that may need assistance.

Bandit Billy, Hombre and Stogy like this.
  5. southcross2631

southcross2631

What time off ? The golf course is busy with people who need to get out. We are practicing social distancing as much as possible . We have stopped serving any food except prepackaged snacks.
    We are wiping down the carts after each use.
    I barely have time to work on my car.

Bandit Billy likes this.
  6. Pats55

Pats55
    from NJ

Women have been practicing social distancing from me for years. Last month I had a few stents put in and I been on a tear since then. Since the quarantine I've been In the shop every day getting some work done. Thank you all first responders and the people out there that keep the wheels turning. We'll get through this. Stay safe

INVISIBLEKID, Budget36, Stogy and 2 others like this.
  7. mnjeff

mnjeff

71BE5228-CCB8-4952-A967-C3750C1D14B8.jpeg “May you live in interesting times“ Old Irish curse..... A little bit easier to isolate being retired. Plenty to do in my isolation chamber, if I can get some satin black paint delivered it can go on the Willys pickup. Will the 50s be canceled?.....Strange days indeed....Be well.

8. Casey Riley

Casey Riley
    from Minnesota

MSRA said they will not cancel BTTF unless the State Fair Board closes the premises.

Speed Gems likes this.
  9. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Hope the new owners don’t mind hot rodders stopping by randomly, is that something they have to disclose to buyers?

10. ramblin dan

ramblin dan

Plant closed on Thursday and a little too cool around here to get out in the garage. Besides, knowing me I would end up slicing my hand or something else and be too afraid to go near a hospital right now. So for now I am working on wearing out another laptop.

Speed Gems and Stogy like this.
  11. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm not sure of why the tests are necessary. Let's assume you take a test somewhere. After whatever time it takes you are notified that the test was negative. Great except that you touched the wrong doorknob on the way out of the doctor's office.

Now you are infected AFTER a negative test. Since there is no effective treatment why all the hoopla about getting a test?

12. Stogy
    Brother, I took it as concern
    I get so many people stopping by to check on projects and strangers asking if something is for sale so I thought it best to get the gates up. I had hoped to run in and run out but was I suprised at all the people that were there. My Doc says I'm in the highest risk group so I got to take this one serious. BUT I'm still working on something every day. I moved my 64 Chevy C10 to the fab shop yesterday and will start on it today, It will keep me busy for a long time. I. Will start a thread on it soon. Thanks, Jim[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

DRUGASM, Lil32, alanp561 and 3 others like this.
  13. Welp, Tim...after scanning the H.O.A. for this neighborhood I found it specifies "All vehicles visiting the home owner "Rocky" heretofore must conform to a traditional style build, therefor banning all billitt wheels and parts to whit and any "Crying Dolls" therefor must be removed immediately under penalty of expulsion, ergo."
    Not my rules, it's in the H.O.A. so I must conform or be thrown out of the 'hood. Says nothing about loud pipes or burnouts in front of the house. Jus sayin.

14. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

@Rocky Look forward to visiting the new digs when all this settles down. I’ll give you a call later

arkiehotrods and Stogy like this.
  15. This thing is going to be around a while.
    And damn near everyone is going to get it eventually before it’s over.

2 week shut down and isolation does 1 thing and 1 thing only - flattens the curve and hopefully that flatted curve is flat enough that it doesn’t tsunami the medical system. It will get flooded and stressed anyways.
    The statistics being updated daily are alarming, however today’s statistics are from a limited number of tests given 3-5 days ago and tests go to those who they think “Probably “ have it.

Ok now a person sits in quarantine for 37 days,,, doesn’t get sick,,, is happy,,, comes out and gets unknowingly exposed 30 seconds later and in 3 days develops symptoms. That gave the medical system 40 days before they had to deal with him. Or he got sick in quarantine and recovered and now has protective antibodies out in 37 days He probably won’t get sick but can still carry it.

Right! It’s not like the test comes with a cure or antidote, they got NOTHING for it right now. Assume the worst hope for the best.

I want one statistic out of all this just one that matters. How many people actually get off the ventilator alive

tractorguy likes this.
  16. Cliff Ramsdell

Cliff Ramsdell

I guess I'm lucky as both my wife and I are in, whats considered "Essential jobs" so we will be working but they dropped overtime at my job.

I have more shop time with the "social distancing" since I'm not running around fixing stuff for friends and family members til this blows over.

Keep well everyone as us "old guys" are on this bugs hit list.

Cliff Ramsdell

Stogy, jazz1 and Speed Gems like this.
  17. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Larry I think this is a take on what your thinking...

Every positive they find they get them off the Street Spreading it...

Negatives don't overwhelm the system at the critical care level so they can address and assist those seriously in need which is steadily increasing...

Negatives don't spread and if they touch or catch it on the way home the time it takes for illness to appear is more time actually to get sick still slowing the curve for critical care...VERY important...

Positive Carriers...if not detected spread and spread...so in a nutshell the less infected walking around and socializing the more it SLOWS the already near overwhelmed Brave Responders and Health System...We owe it to them, our friends, loved ones and of course you...

Don't forget the health professionals are saying IF you feel something coming on they Say isolate and IF the symptoms get worse in isolation at home call the emergency numbers at your closest test center...to get direction rather than going out and exposing unsuspecting people many without strength to match this monster.

May good health be with your family and friends...

arkiehotrods likes this.
  18. 51 mercules

51 mercules

I'm in California, my wife and I are still working.

19. KandN Kustoms

KandN Kustoms

No time off for us either.
    Actually working more hours since this whole thing started.
    At least our bathrooms and cafeteria tables are clean now! Lol!
    But if all you guys could stop buying pork for awhile, that would be great! Oh and tell your friends too!
    Hope everyone stays safe

Sent from my SM-G960U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

20. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Fingers Crossed for everyone...and the beach parties and naysayers are firing up the mountain climb in All of North America...:(...That last statistic is an unknown but I believe they are a viable lifesaver...that no doubt varies with Age and Health...

Wishing good Health to You and the Family...

21. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

22. Retired here so lots of time on my side. Trying to finish my new garage but have no help, no contractors. Can't take the chance of a "stealth infector" showing up and transmitting the bug to us. We have been sheltered in place now for two weeks, all non essentials closed so not many serious folks moving around. We shop for groceries once a week at special senior hours between 6-7am at the local market. Scary times, times that appear will be with us for many months. Be careful and respectful of others.

Stogy likes this.
  23. Pats55

Pats55
    from NJ

6 to 7 in the morning for groceries, I'll probably starve to death

Stogy and arkiehotrods like this.
  24. Hi Jeff...the shop looks good and active. Hope they don't cancel, but if things don't get better, there may be no other choice. I will do what is best for keeping us car nuts alive for the future...g-willys

mnjeff likes this.
  25. Time off? What’s that? I’m working 6 days 60 hours this week. Apparently steel is an essential business:p

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
    Stogy and Bandit Billy like this.
  26. jazz1

jazz1

I booked off this time weeks ago and back to work Tuesday night hauling much needed supplies from the west.

Considering the Spring Break partying on beaches in Florida I expect their healthcare to be overwhelmed shortly.

Stogy likes this.
  27. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Well wife is off for a bit ,so it seems honey do list is added to everyday :oops: Trying to work on effie but that is is taking a back seat to her list and getting ready to plant berries and veggies. Determined to get rid of some stuff . I want truck ready for a shake down run by end of April .

Stogy likes this.
  28. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

^^^^^ The 32 is my honey do list. She want's to drive it.

Stogy likes this.
  29. Budget36

Budget36

That's funny right there!

Stogy likes this.
  30. 34Larry

34Larry

I've of course been a member of the 1/2 the income--twice the wife club, (retired), since (03 first time
    2011 second time). Have Diabetes, had heart valve replaced with 3 way bypass, and have had some mini stokes TIA"s. We started 2-1/2 weeks ago with the mask and rubber gloves when shopping, and isolated ourselves also, so for us it is somewhat normal.. Not working on the 34 but will when I'm able to get a couple of parts, just ordered the nerf bars from an other thread, and for some reason my brakes ain't there. We have been getting the yard, grass, flower beds back in shape from the winter beating it took.
    The Gov here is pissed, really pissed at how so many youngsters are so caviler about the situation and warned all, that he will impose strict "stay at home" orders if it continues. I support him completely. I expect it sooner than later.
    At my age and health this is the scariest thing I've ever witnessed in my 81 years guys, hope you and your family are taking it very seriously and wishing all of you the very best life has to offer.
    34Larry (Larry Moe).