Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods How Are you Using The Time Off

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Speed Gems, Mar 21, 2020.

1. dcs13

dcs13

No changes here. I work at a small shop in the sticks. Maybe 8 of us there. We're working like normal. I did work on my own crap all day. Got my new fuel lines ran and a shift rod fabricated.. Not a HAMB car, so I'll spare the pics...

bobss396, Stogy and Deuces like this.
  2. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

I had some patch panels and ordered more, so i have started replacing the rust on my 50 chevy truck.
    replaced drivers side floor panel, toe kick. inner cowl panel, outer cowl panel and the filler piece between them. Tomorrow I start the pass. side. if I don't run out of welding gas. My welding skills are not on par with many here but this is giving me a lot of practice, getting better. If only I was not doing it with 66 year old eyes!

hemihotrod66, Stogy and Deuces like this.
  3. raven

raven

I work from home so nothing has changed for now. The client is closing some offices but presently we have enough projects to keep us busy for a couple of years.
    r

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Stogy and Deuces like this.
  4. We have, if there is a memorial or cremation the funeral directors are urging the family's to postpone the service, across the Georgia line one of the mortuaries has a 10 person limit as to how many can attend the funeral.

There is hand sanitizer set up in the entrance of every door in all the mortuary's and they have the pews in the sanctuary marked off to encourage keeping a distance.

We are banned from delivering to hospitals,nursing homes,retirement home,city and county public buildings are closed as is the schools & university's. HRP

5. Budget36

Budget36

I've said it before, just don't feel that liking your reply is correct, appreciate the response. Would give you a like, but dang the circumstances.

6. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

Peckin Shit with the Chickens ! It’s bad when I have nothing more important and pressing than counting bullets and toilet paper rolls ! WTH is wrong with me ? As my Dad would say “ Boy you’ve gone nuttier than a shit house rat !”

fauj, hotrodjack33, krbstr and 5 others like this.
  7. Without you we gotta walk brother!! :D no time off here either. Lots of changes in how we do daily operations but we've still gotta be there ;)

Stogy, Deuces, Speed Gems and 2 others like this.
  8. Budget36

Budget36

Youtube and the oldies and a few cold ones are working good right now:)

nunattax, Stogy, Deuces and 2 others like this.
  9. I am a funeral director, we have the 10 limit here in Mo. That counts staff, clergy and family. We have been scheduling direct cremation and graveside services only, the family can come in shifts to view their loved ones before burial...cycling days off so we all get a few days off a week has been nice. Got brakes on the 40 on Friday, and some crown molding up today. If the wife is happy, I can get out to the garage without much lip

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Tim, tractorguy, Deuces and 3 others like this.
  10. Hey at least it's sunny and warm there I'm sure :D

Stogy, Deuces and Budget36 like this.
  11. I'm in the IT service business - of grocery stores and one large liqueur store outfit....we start work from home Monday which really doesn't mean a hole lot....going to still be running calls out in the public domain....maybe looking at some extra time to post stuff for sale is what I'm thinkin'......soon as I start wrenching on something - sure as hell I'll have a credit card machine down call.....let's keep positive - we get over this soon ! Best luck to all !

Stogy, Deuces and Speed Gems like this.
  12. Budget36

Budget36

I wish! I poured my old ass out of bed at 7 this morning and the rain was falling..

What was that song about little green apples and it don't rain?...lol...

13. ahshoe

ahshoe

Been getting ready to pull my tired Y block out of my 56 F100 (avatar) the past few days .Got it out today. Putting in a very fresh Y block with tri power.and lots of extra goodies. Bought it from a great HAMBER here. All the cruise-ins and swap meets I usually attend are cancelled, so I have been organizing and adding swap meet items in an organized area so that I will be ready to go when this shit is over.

Stogy, Deuces and Speed Gems like this.
  14. Sky Six

Sky Six
    from Arizona

Walk around our neighborhood because the gym is closed, then work on the car like cleaning and installing a few new parts, (I did field day the house for a couple of days) then spend the remainder of the day irritating the hell out of the wife of over 40 years.

Stogy, Deuces and Budget36 like this.
  15. Straight Axle Guy

Straight Axle Guy

Gotta take a moment to thank the people in the trenches trying desperately to slow this virus down!

Saxman, tractorguy, cactus1 and 6 others like this.
  16. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Social distancing going wrong truly...at the least head out on off peak hours if you must...

I have been holed up since Last Monday, I felt a few sniffles and a touch of Phlegm...perhaps it's allergy related as it's spring but it's in respect of the true meaning of distance as I don't truly know.

Note have not travelled but there is the unknown of who you are truly sharing space with...it's truly difficult to maintain safe distance under those circumstances...I could be the Bad Guy...o_O

I was watching the news yesterday and a 52 year old man 8 years younger than I with no Travel...dead from it...he had leukemia (living with but perhaps not at a Critical level) but otherwise looked and sounded healthy went to be assessed because he had a couple of symptoms and they sent him home because he hadn't traveled (so no test), his symptoms worsened went back in took the test and he was dead before the results came back positive...Sad...

What I am saying is he may have gotten it from one of the Travellers who came back went to say Lowes and did not self isolate in ignorance...When your out someone may be the Devil you don't know...including You...That's the Catch 22...

Think of it every time you go out and interact with others and touch shit you may come in contact with it and may in turn spread it and get it unknowingly...

I'm giving this 14 Days so I know I'm not Spreading unknowingly...it's been 5...so far so good then I know I can go out BUT still try to distance myself from the good AND the unethical...for how long...that will come with time...

To those in the line of fire without choice and or Health and Emergency Support...Thank You...Our lives depend on You...

To Hamber's and their families hit my thoughts are with you for a return without loss...AND Thank you for isolating yourselves...it is our moral duty...no joke...:(

Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
    47ragtop, Lil32, INVISIBLEKID and 5 others like this.
  17. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

I am a finish carpenter working on new apartment complexes in the Madison area. No issues so far , and we have had three company meetings on site this week discussing updates an prodacall. waiting for a shut down, the tension on site is so thick you could not cut it with a chain saw, Got more done out in the shop today than in the last three weeks. Spent time with a beer and talking to Red, Maverick and Sissy my shop cats. Felt good to be off site and at home for a day or two. Just missed taking the wife to Saturday morning breakfast. It has become our Friday night date night and really enjoy the time together away from home and work. Larry

Budget36, Deuces and Stogy like this.
  18. hudson48

hudson48

Maybe get tested for peace of mind.

Stogy, chryslerfan55 and Deuces like this.
  19. pumpman

pumpman

First I want to thank all the people that are keeping the country going and the first liners.

I’m retired, but still busy. Been working on an OT 66 chevelle that I sold. I have a knee that gets pissed off from time to time and puts me in a chair. So, the last week I’ve been in the house with the wife. Miss the days when I couldn’t get enough of her and I’m sure she feels the same. Everything felt really good today and I was set to go to the pole barn but she suggested I cool it one more day and said ok. So I’ll be at it agin tomorrow with more projects to do.

Stay safe everyone and keep the pedal to the metal !!!

20. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Spent my Saturday morning waiting at our little grocery store for a dozen eggs and some TP. Out of towners are coming in our little town and cleaning us out. Grocery store manager said, no more. He said one of everything. Jeez. People are assholes. Lippy

alanp561, chryslerfan55 and Deuces like this.
  22. Budget36

Budget36

Shit...shower...shit again...:)

Don't forget the shower...

oldsfrench and Deuces like this.
  23. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So what Hamby stuff have I been up too...

CovoKiller.jpg
    :rolleyes:...I did a digital inspiration for the Friday Art Show...The Virus Killer is Coming...Top Chopping Axe repurposed to Annihilate...to assist and hopefully lift Spirit as the Numbers increase Hopefully stabilizing in short order...

Distance, Distance...Fingers Crossed for all of you...

Lil32, chryslerfan55 and Deuces like this.
  24. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I went to the Several Hardware Stores but near closing on that Monday I spoke of...all stores were near empty but I still got close to some as it's truly hard to completely distance...and it was on my mind...it's surreal...I was not being critical but this is beginning to unravel in a serious way...thoughts your way...

chryslerfan55 and Deuces like this.
  25. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm still working. But its the weekend, time to play in the shop. Monday it is back to the grind and happy to be doing it. Got 3 new purchase and Sale Agreements today. Real Estate marches on. Glad to be doing my part to keep us moving forward.

tractorguy, chryslerfan55 and Deuces like this.
  26. 4 pedals

4 pedals
    from Nor Cal

My job is considered essential to the community....no time off for me, although I was kinda hoping for it. My wife is a first responder, has volunteered to take additional shifts if needed. I spent the day at my son's house, 8 miles away, we hang out so much if I have it so does he. For now I'm still working and ordering parts. If stuff comes in I can build something.

Devin

INVISIBLEKID, Petejoe, Stogy and 2 others like this.
  27. Budget36

Budget36

Yep, thing is for the poor fellow is there is no cure yet, even if he knew he had it, things would not have changed and that's whats so sad. Just FYI, but being a sports talk radio junkie I am, word they speak of is up to 37 days isolation, based on those in the NBA who became infected.

Not what anyone wants to hear, but even if rumor y.a gotta kind of heed the advice

Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  28. Thankfully I’m still able to work ( for now). I’ll admit I wish I could get together with my fellow hot rodders ( it’s that whole social distancing thing) but it is what it is. Now if I could just convince Ms. Linda to snuggle with me

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

29. topher5150

topher5150

I got laid off just before the shit hit the fan so I've been looking for a job. Right now everyone seems to be in wait and see mode. But on a more related note I'm making some headway on getting the engine location figured out.

Sent from my moto z4 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Speed Gems and Stogy like this.
  30. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't dispute he would have had a struggle but he should have been swabbed 1st visit and the outcome may have changed had they admitted him sooner (remember he did test positive after death but his illness intensified after they sent him home THE 1st time without a test probably spreading it even more)(he was ill with it and didn't travel)...I feel if they had have had tests readily available Which They Don't (the system isn't prepared and is rationing them for travel related and trying not to alarm the masses) he was waved sent home and 5 Days later gasping for breath he was admitted and hooked up to no avail...It really Highlights a Health System Flying on an engine without all Cylinders Firing...they have their hands tied too...the WHO said test test test...here's a guy that was sick with covo and they didn't test because he said he didn't travel and due to swabs being hoarded for those sick that have traveled...That Will cost lives and did in my opinion...

In the meantime many will lose their due to incompetence at higher levels in lack of preparedness (ie test kits)...May Good Health remain with all of you...

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
    Lil32, Budget36, raven and 1 other person like this.