Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Newport Engineering

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 51504bat, Mar 21, 2020.

1. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A while ago I asked about the best place to buy a Newport Engineering wiper set up for my '54 Ford Ranch Wagon. The consensus was to go direct to Newport, which I did. Now that I'm stuck at home I finally got around to installing it. The install was fairly straight forward and everything fit like it was supposed to. I do have to admit I'm guessing it was a whole lot easier with the radio and speaker cover out as well as the glove box. I'll charge up my spare battery tomorrow and make any fine tuning adjustments per the instructions. All in all very satisfied with Newport. wiper 1.jpg wiper 2.jpg wiper 3.jpg wiper 4.jpg wiper 5.jpg

Hnstray, Special Ed, lumpy 63 and 2 others like this.
  2. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

I installed a Newport set up in my 56 pick up 9 years ago, I drive it rain or shine and the wipers work flawlessly:cool:

Special Ed likes this.
  3. Yeah, it's a great product, I used one on my Deuce. HRP

Special Ed likes this.
  4. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

I have one in my 48 Olds convertible, and it’s the only one that I will use. I will put one in the 42 Chevy I am building for my daughter

5. jim snow

jim snow

I also have a unit in my coupe. Great product. Snowman

6. I installed them on a '41 Ford p/u, well engineered, easy install, but I had a bare cab to work with.

7. Mimilan

Mimilan

Great to support a business that supports our hobby [​IMG]

8. old school rodder

old school rodder

Just finished installing their system in my 47 Ford pickup. Like others said, I'll use them anytime I can. Used their motor in my 59 Apache also. Great quality, great small company that deserves our support. I think they earned it.

9. I've installed their units in two different cars and they are one of the few parts that I didn't need to re-engineer to make them fit.

10. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have used the, a bunch. My Falcon has a motor from them.

100% flawless, 100% satisfied, on every install. Their stuff just works.

jim snow likes this.
  11. indcontrols

indcontrols

Hard to believe, but they had a unit for something as odd as my 56 Lincoln, works fantastic.

12. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I have used Newport wipers on 2 deuces and a 40 Ford and they were easy to install and work flawlessly.

13. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Works great on 56 Victoria but after using their instructions for 2 hours and failing re-evaluated and finished in 10 minutes. Sent them an E-Mail about it. A good product.

14. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Whew! You had me worried for a minute , thought a another great supplier went under! Need to order a unit for my 51. Have gotten their product numerous times over the years, never a problem. Larry

15. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Have them in my Nomad and my '40. Happy with both.