Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage event shirts color

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fastcar1953, Mar 18, 2020.

?
  1. white

12 vote(s)
    15.8%
  2. black

24 vote(s)
    31.6%
  3. grey

40 vote(s)
    52.6%
  1. X-cpe

X-cpe

It takes you that long?

2. Roger O'Dell

Roger O'Dell

With the Watson shirts Larry started off with white, but then added Black because of requests. After he passed I carried on with both, Black was the most sold. When I got involved in starting a local show we had white, but used the same screen on red shirts for the people involved to stand out for help/directions.

3. Never2old

Never2old
    from so cal

Something to consider is if heat is a problem cotton is choice #1. Secondly any dark color will require a base coat of white (or another light color), also known as a “sweat patch”. The bigger the art the bigger the “patch”.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

4. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

yellow & orange shirts

5. ekimneirbo

ekimneirbo

Black shirts stay black. White shirts don't stay white! ;)

6. hot rust

hot rust

agreed with most of the posts about black being most peoples favorite color, but i prefer a light colored shirt, try to wear a black shirt in the middle of the summer in the delta of arkansas, heat stroke buddy.......

7. Hemi Joel

Hemi Joel
    from Minnesota

I'm tired of black t shirts. Too hot, to wanna be bad boy.
    White gets dirty too fast, grey is too dull. Maroon, forest green, medium blue, and tan are some that I have bought that I like. The most important thing though, is it needs a pocket. A T shirt without a pocket is like those ladies jeans with no pockets.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
    leon bee likes this.
  8. Black shirts are hot, I prefer grey but that's just me.........andyd

9. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

I was leaning toward dark grey. A friend says he likes white. Stays cooler . Black is overdone.

10. leon bee

leon bee

I only buy the ones with pockets on them. No pocket, no shirt.

Hemi Joel likes this.
  11. ...............Count me in for the design on the back also.

guthriesmith likes this.
  12. bschwoeble

bschwoeble

When I see those day glow orange t-shirts, all I can think of is boot camp and Drill Instructor yelling "road guards out".

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  13. Shutter Speed

Shutter Speed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Seems I always get the ones that the armpits rot out on within a year. Sometimes sooner.

14. mcsfabrication

mcsfabrication
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm sure I'm the odd one here, but prefer NO IMAGE on the back. The small one on the front left side is just nice.
    I like to advertise, but don't enjoy being a walking billboard. A bit of class!

i.rant likes this.
  15. Terrible80

Terrible80

One year we thought we'd change things up. Did a yellow, brown and light blue. 85% of people asked," Where's the black shirts?" They also ask for a pocket ( smokers) .

Sent from my LG-TP450 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

16. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Black you cant see the grease stains from far;)

17. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,
    We all have our favorite colors of t-shirts, OK, that is a given. But the black ones do look better with all of the colorful silk screened prints and lettering that stands out. A warning to those that have favorite color shirts... our local silk screen company suggests that the dark colored shirts be turned inside out when washing. Wash in cold with minimal mild detergent. For you guys that use the dark color shirt in the garage/yard and gets it extremely dirty, spot clean first, then the same process.

Most of us have grown up using detergent like Tide and hot water to get the shirts clean. In today's advanced industrial times, Tide is a "neck burner" soap detergent and hot water is not necessary for most weekly washes. So, with your own choice of mild detergent, like Arm and Hammer for sensitive skin, has no smell and cleans like no other.
    upload_2020-3-19_5-10-18.png
    One bottle goes a long way as most upright front load machines do not require a ton of detergent. Less than a 1/8th of the cap is sufficient for thorough cleaning. Don't be tempted to fill the whole cap and put it in. It will overload your machine. Be warned. The old style is gone and the new technology gets everything clean and fresh. No smell on your clothes, no burn on the t-shirt neck when in hot weather or sweating.

Jnaki
    Eventually the black and other dark t-shirts will fade as most things will. It is a matter of taking care of what you like in a way that keeps the favorite color shirt around as long as possible. Taking care of your hot rod makes it enjoyable and should last a lot longer without any problems. The same holds true with your favorite t-shirts, too.

18. My grey Tshirt from the 44th MarchMeet in 2003 gets worn a lot and is still looking good. I don,t buy many clothes :rolleyes:.

19. White tank tops for the ladies, that's all i care about :D

20. oldolds

oldolds

No artwork on the front of those. Nature will provide the artwork! :eek::eek::eek:

CobraJoe likes this.
  21. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This was one of my best sellers for years out at the Seabase at Oshkosh Wisconsin during the annual gathering, trust me, this artwork of mine was on the front, and on cold mornings, the spark plugs would " foul out ". Granted its not a tank top, but this design would always sell out each year. The rooster always sold out as well. I stuck with white 100% cotton preshrunk, and kept the price at $15.00, that is a single side printed on the front. YMMV.
    47220007.jpg IMG_0924.JPG great jugs.jpg GREAT JUGS 1.JPG

22. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Day two of bar closures and "man nipples" are referenced on the HAMB. Society is breaking down. :rolleyes:

Just Gary likes this.
  23. Never2old

Never2old
    from so cal

I agree, no pocket , no buy.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

24. jazz1

jazz1

I still work on my vehicle so NOT WHITE.

25. 6sally6

6sally6

Pardon me but............Is pink available? With maybe a teal neck and arm band. No pockets necessary I keep my bag of Levi in my hip pocket!
    6sally6

26. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That cracks me up, as shown here, only a real man can wear a pink shirt, all of these hombre's chew red man and days work plug.
    guac eaters 1.jpg

27. ekimneirbo

ekimneirbo

Pockets on T shirts look dumb. Pockets on T shirts with cigarettes in them look even dumber. If you think the cigarettes look Kool, roll them up in your shirt sleeve.............:D
    1299688287_death-rt2greaser-1.png
    istockphoto-185289474-1024x1024.jpg

Smoking Sucks !

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
    K13 likes this.
  28. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

Oh absolutely design on the back. I won't buy an event t-shirt if the design is on the front. And what Jnaki said about the high crew neck. The white Pennys high crews were the bomb back in the day.

29. Black shirt...... 6 weeks of wear and another 2 or 3 optional.
    White shirt....... 6 days, tops.

30. LAROKE

LAROKE

Sez it all, thanx.