Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Do you ever drink a beer , kick back and say one hot rod is enough?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 41rodderz, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Stooge

Stooge

no, I have several beers and then start perusing the classifieds for another car :rolleyes:

I have 3 now, but i think 4 will be the magic number, with one of them being a project; a comfy daily driver, a truck, a coupe, and i still need an open top car to round it out. I don't think i would be very content with one finished car that i just had to maintain and enjoy, i don't know what i would do without big over whelming projects to work on!

stillrunners and bchctybob like this.
  2. Smokeybear

Smokeybear

I have to have at least two, one finished and one in progress. If I only have one finished, then I end up screwing with it until I realize I messed up. I have to have something to do. Something about idle hands are the devils workshop or something.

raven likes this.
  3. DOCTOR SATAN

DOCTOR SATAN
    from okc

Hell no, especially with beer....

lumpy 63 likes this.
  4. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Yep. Sold my '27 T Sedan in Nov for a good price. Only have the Shoebox left and I'm fine with that.

41rodderz likes this.
  5. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

And I haven't had a beer in way too long...I miss beer.

6. One rod and one bike has always been enough for me. Sometimes just one bike. :oops:

I have had one rode and another in the works a time or two but one of them was always available for purchase (either one LOL). My take on it is that I only got one butt and one seat is enough. ;)

hotrodjack33, raven and olscrounger like this.
  7. NWRustyJunk

NWRustyJunk

Sometimes....but then I see another "good deal" and just can't pass it up!

8. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

My problem is I end up building a car with to much money invested which eliminates most buyers and I'm to dam stubborn to give them away so I'll probably die with these 4 deuces and the 40. What the hell at 75 I'm starting another project???????????????????????

9. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

10. exterminator

exterminator

Trying to get down to one car but not working very well. If it doesn't sell- will be forced to keep it. Beer has nothing to do with it.

11. 392

One is good for me especially now. Putting food on the table is more important

Desoto291Hemi likes this.
  12. Well, I use to drink a lot but don't indulge anymore, with this new normal we are living in with daily uncertainty , it might just be a omen that it's time to start drinking again!:D No, that ain't gonna happen.

As for hot rods, I'm down to two and that's enough, I might have another project in the future, but if I don't I'm content. HRP

Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
    hotrodjack33 and OLSKOOL57 like this.
  13. I can live with only one hot rod as long as customs don’t count as hot rods. By the way, my custom has a 392 hemi in it.

Desoto291Hemi and bchctybob like this.
  14. Chainsaw chipper

Chainsaw chipper
    from Illinois

I'll just say not yet.I like the challenge of searching for parts and the thrill of the hunt till the project is finished.I must really like it because I seem to keep doing it.

continentaljohn likes this.
  15. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've got two done and running and a third one in about 10k pieces. The project vehicle is my third "last project" so I've already fallen off the wagon.

Oh, yeah, I like beer, too.

The answer to the question: no.

lumpy 63 likes this.
  16. MikeRose

MikeRose
    from Yuma, AZ

I'm at zero old cars right now. Just sold 2. I was planning to buy the "one" before this virus stuff. I am hoping it passes quickly so I can get back to it.

tofords likes this.
  17. Shutter Speed

Shutter Speed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yep.
    Been driving and drinking with my one and only for 12 years so far.
    Happy @ 70.

nunattax likes this.
  18. tofords

tofords

19. dwollam

dwollam

And here I have been thinking I need to pare them down to about a dozen keepers! One? No way possible! Several "family" cars that will be handed down, cars I've had from when I was a teenager, etc.
    He who dies with the most toys AND deepest in debt wins!

Dave

ps, somehow I've screwed that up as I don't have any debt.

20. Oh hell.....why did you bring up bikes.....there's a couple of dozen of those stashed around - with those dang monkey bikes leading the collection at about an even dozen......

21. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

This is the wrong place to ask that question. It's like asking a drunk if he would like a drink! LOL. Lippy

22. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

Nice....Now we have to bring up bikes...On top of the hot rod addiction , I also have recently taken an interest In Schwinn Stingrays. Got 5 so far. Still not quite as bad as my Hot Rod addiction:p

raven likes this.
  23. 4 pedals

4 pedals
    from Nor Cal

Only one? No, I don't think I could do it. I currently have 3 at the house and help my oldest son with his project too, it never ends. I have one to drive, one to race and my parts hauler. The parts hauler is the only one that actually runs. Typical.

Devin

24. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

My feeling is to build out the F1 take it on long road trips and spend the money on it if I need/want to . Just want a vintage truck to enjoy again . Traffic lights are boring at a red light . Nothing interesting to look at.

25. DOCTOR SATAN

DOCTOR SATAN
    from okc

That's it, too many irons in the fire, not enuff funds to spread 'round......

26. I’m actually working on getting rid of a bunch of projects and focusing on two I can drive. It’s a struggle for me, the thrill of finding and buying stuff is big. I’m working on a good one this spring....

I did sell a pickup and another off topic car is for sale to make room for the new one

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

27. two couped up

two couped up
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from pa.

I have 3 coupes, all are Deluxe a 40 Hotrod flathead, a 39 Street rod sbf, and two projects, one is a 40 coupe with a v12 Lincoln and a 40 tudor which will be Ford powered also but not sure which motor yet. I work in the garage all winter long and cruise during the summer when the weather is nice. I kick back everyday with a couple beers and plan what to do the next day. NO such thing as to many cars!

Driver50x and 4274SPEED like this.
  28. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

Yes I Kick Back..Yes I Drink Beer...No I Am Not Sensible..Perhaps Next Year...

Attached Files:

41rodderz likes this.
  29. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

Had at least half a dozen collector cars and started selling them five years ago. Owned the Zipper and a '29 CCPU for 20 years and continue to upgrade, change and tweak both cars. Insurance and registration fees were mounting up and you can only drive one car at a time. At 79, I'm done with major builds and have a lot more interests than just hot rods. I drink single barrel bourbon.

HemiDeuce, 41rodderz and LOU WELLS like this.
  30. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Nope, need and have driver hotrod, building a 49 Ford full custom, like vintage trucks one of which is daily driver. Have a couple. Keeping the 40 Lincoln Zephyr that was dads. Too many other projects and enjoy working on them. Plus have to go through lifetime collection of dad's 30 plus cars and parts. 1 at the moment not a option and likely wouldn't make me happy.