Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration How fast does a Decade go by?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Budget36

Budget36

10 years on the HAMB can jade ya some, love this site. But dang sent money to a 10 year HAMBr...may as well flushed it.

Sorry, this is recent, I been knocking a few back and listening to Johnny Cash.

Delete as needed

2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If the past two years since I retired are any indication, too damned fast. I had a photo pop up of my cat (someone dumped him) showing that he had been here two years. I just got notice that the tags are due on my car trailer that I bought last year and it has almost been a year since I bought it. It sure isn't like being in the 4th grade and waiting for summer vacation to come around.

raven likes this.
  3. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Always look forward to reading the daily TJJ post and Jay you are a big reason why. Thanks for your dedication to keeping us hoodlums entertained!

Three outstanding car guys regularly feeding us interesting content, we might be a bit spoiled. Appreciate what y’all do!

4. 392

Yes time does fly. Keep on keeping on. I enjoy your posts and hope next 10 will be just as good.

5. Halfdozen

Halfdozen
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You are part of the fabric here, I enjoy your work.
    Press on.

6. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@X-cpe It's something I've said often, that when you do the math it suggests that time does go by faster the older you get. A year is 20% of a 5 year old kids life, which is why it seems like Christmas and summer vacations are always a long time off. At 50 years of age, a year is only 2% of your life, so it seems like Christmas was yesterday.

X-cpe and olscrounger like this.
  7. Watching our granddaughter Veda grow like a weed the past 10 years have flown by. HRP

Picture005.jpg

veda & me.jpg

8. Silva

Silva

Thanks for the years of dedication Jay, Looking forward to many more...

9. mgermca

mgermca

Thanks Jay, read and enjoy 'em all!

10. bt34

bt34

A decade passing by ? How about the pic's below.
    Top one was taken in 1971 and 49 years later the second last Saturday (March 2020).
    Sadly 1 is missing in the 2nd pic. RIP Bryce Wilkinson. Recently Updated1.jpg
    Recently Updated1.jpg

11. BoogittyShoe

BoogittyShoe

It depends on which way you look at it. Looking forward, real slow. Looking back, real fast.

Believe me, time stops for moments,
    and this is one of those.
    Moments to remember years,
    and how, God only knows.

raven likes this.
  12. 1st decade = afraid of girls, 2nd decade = chase the girls, 3rd decade = marry the girls, 4th decade = raise the kids, 5th decade = divorce the girl and pay for the kids, 6th and 7th decade = determine where you're at = what you can accomplish = Good sex, Good dinner, Good crap, if you're at Take a Good Crap, you're in your last decades = when Corona Virus is over buy toilet paper and remove any rugs you could trip on running for the toilet. Now you know the decade story.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
    raven and Chili Phil like this.