Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T July 4th Wooden Boats

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by attitudor, Jul 4, 2006.

1. attitudor

attitudor
    from Finland

Sorry about off-topic post, but I'm sure some of you would understand the beauty of vintage chrome and smooth wood connected to powerful motors... And I think this is pretty close to Ryan's previous Entry; Tradition and Innovation. And actually not so long time ago there was a great story of Tinbender's new boat.

Here's my Seattle Wooden Boat photo coverage. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

--mika

2. Works of art.
    Nothing quite as nice as a well maintainted wooden boat.

3. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

is that a jag v 12 ??

4. attitudor

attitudor
    from Finland

Yes it is, that boat was actually a repro, but still cool as hell! Note the straight pipes and steering wheel.

5. Damn, I missed it this year. I got a buddy that restores vintage runabouts and he usually takes me along in whatever he's working on at the time. But his father passed away last week, and I had major house projects going on, so we never touched base. They used to have one on Lk. Washington too, but limited to just runabouts and much larger. I'll have to see if that's still a go.

6. skajaquada

skajaquada
    from SLC Utard

that "miss sydney" boat makes my pants tighter...

7. From age 11 to 13 I helped my friends uncle work on his Chris Craft..

we did all the sanding and other chump work. That boat was beautiful when it was finished. Its in the Chicago area now.

I've grown to love the wood boats...Maybe one day....??

8. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

"A hole in the water you throw money in." Old boats are more work than old cars. I love 'em... Here's a few from Lake Winnipesaukee, N.H.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. My uncle lost a flathead ford powered wooden speedboat on Lake Eildon in Vic Australia in the 1960s. He hit a submerged tree. Boat went to the bottom.
    His motto was, " if you wanna' learn how to swear, get a wooden speedboat"

10. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

Great pictures guys thanks for sharing, I saw a few classics this weekend but didn't get any pictures. I'd love to see this interior in an old hot rod, it's cool how much boating and rodding have in common and how ideas go from one to the other...

[​IMG]

11. Oh Ya.............!!

12. Those are awesome.

This just makes me want a boat even more.

JH

13. caffeine

caffeine
    from Central NJ

a 3 hour tour......a 3 hour tour...

14. Joe T Creep

Joe T Creep
    Member Emeritus

Damn...Those are gorgeous. I just finished freshening up my 1958 Glaspar Lido fiberglass boat. Its a lot easier to maintain, but not nearly as beautiful as those.
    Damn.

15. Super cool. Mika, I didn't even know there was a show this weekend...

16. synthsis

synthsis

Awesome pics. hopefully I'll be owning one of these sooner than later.

17. The black 3 cylinder has the coolest expansion chambers I've ever seen.

18. ibcalaveras

ibcalaveras

I picked up a 1956 crooks about 10 months ago. I had planned to pull the motor a 292 Y-block for an A coupe . But after getting the boat home I have changed my mind, I am now converting the boat over to 12 volt and plan to run it before summer is over. Thanks for the pictures, glad to see that I am not the only one that likes vintage wood boats. Donn

19. paintpyro

paintpyro

Ive always wanted a Chris Craft barrelback. There is not another boat out there that looks as smooth and sexy. I need to go polish some wood.

20. 53SledSleeve

53SledSleeve

I purchased a set of plans to build a 16 foot runabout, but I don't know jack about woodworking. All this post did a) was make me drool b)make me want to build that boat even more. c)make me jealous of those owners. d) make me want to go out and buy woodworking tools.....then e) make me look at those pictures again and drool some more!

21. leadsled01

leadsled01

Damn-it.. I can't see the pics. Computers suck!! Hey, I recently purchased NOS marine exhaust manifolds for my nailhead. HA,HA,HA, I got the last laugh!!