Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Do you ever drink a beer , kick back and say one hot rod is enough?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 41rodderz, Mar 17, 2020.

1. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Well I did it. Put the ‘27 Tudor up for sale . As I get older I am thinking what my world would be like if I just kept one oldie, be able to sit back in the garage ,drink a cold one and say ah this all I need. One hot rod and a couple of favorite parts and have the floor back so I can tinker on the lawn mower blade or a wood project . What about you all out there ?

Fern 54, Latigo, oldiron 440 and 3 others like this.
  2. Nope, I can never have just one. I tried talking myself into it, but never works. I will always need at least 2. One finished and driving and a project to tinker on.

3. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

4. RmK57

RmK57

I have three, but ones for sale. I find with my age and wanting to do other things I start spreading myself too thin. I love working on them but not all the bloody time, and they always need something, right?

5. jim snow

jim snow

I’m with you. I only got room for one. Love it. Snowman

6. Well,,,to be honest,,,I’m still working towards my first one,,,LoL.
    Hopefully in a couple of years I will be able to pursue it.
    I have just about any engine combo I might desire,,,and the driveline parts .
    Just short on a good body and chassis .
    By the way,,,,,if any one feels really sorry for me,,,,I could probably find my way to accept a gift.
    They say it is better to give than receive,,,,,so if any of my wealthy friends hear about this,,,maybe they will help.
    Oops,,,,I forgot,,,I don’t have any wealthy friends !

Oh well,,,,I will just keep on working my job,,,it will turn out someday,,,,Lol.

Tommy

7. Oh no never. I have a couple finished, I just bought a ranger xlt to finish but I cant start it until I get the 64 C10 done and as for the beer[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

8. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

one is enough , now that's funny

9. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

:D

Hombre likes this.
  10. Almostdone

Almostdone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I’m just building my first, but I still like to kick back with a beer and admire it at the end of the day.

11. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

I got your first one ready to go. I will even keep the engine/trans since you have a bunch.:D Hint hint .

12. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

There you go.

13. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

I have to say no, but. . . . I am out of room, i stored one in the backyard over the winter, and my wife asks " why do you need another car?"
    It is a sickness. Yes, I kick back, drink a beer, and think about how the next one is going to go together.

Hombre and Desoto291Hemi like this.
  14. BoogittyShoe

BoogittyShoe

I've always said "The more you have, the more you have to worry about."
    One registration per year would be nice.

Pinstriper40, Uribe and raven like this.
  15. Tommy i just seen a pretty complete 41 Chevy sedan on the Lexington CL for $400! And as for the question, i can't afford more than 1:rolleyes:

16. Nearly every day.

I hope I never get to the point where I kick back and think one beer is enough though.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
  17. I have had only one but not in a long time...mid-70’s I think.

Hombre likes this.
  18. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

My problem is once I pick up the beer I start day dreaming about changing my ideas on how I am going to build one of them. Or I start daydreaming about how I could add on or remodel the shop so I would have more room to work on them . DAM BEER!!! ;) Larry

19. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

With respect to your title, the best I can say is yes- enjoy beer(s), yes -kick back, yet no with respect to the 1 hot rod though do concede some day that will likely be a reality. I guess it’s hard to say always or never, times change and so do we.

20. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

Yes. But, after the second or third beer change my mind again. Will always have more than one and will most likely till I'm no longer around.

21. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Only when I’m driving...

nunattax and hotrodjack33 like this.
  22. uncleandy 65

uncleandy 65

Maybe with woman, but not with old cars.

ffr1222k and raven like this.
  23. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

24. I've just reached that age as well, down to just one and that's enough.
    fullsizeoutput_17e.jpeg

25. One is none if it breaks. You have a better chance that one will be running if you have 2 or more.

26. A good thing I don't drink..I would hate to think it would make me consider just one Hot Rod.

Landmule, LOU WELLS and bchctybob like this.
  27. One, and only one, at a time. When it bores me, which they do quite quickly, I cut it up and build another. Creating, not maintaining is my mantra. If I had more than one and I'd just run out of cut off discs, sawsall blades, welding wire and Argon/CO2 faster. Learned 52 years ago that one beer was too much, and a 100 wasn't enough.

ffr1222k and '52 F-3 like this.
  28. Space allowing im a Jay Leno want"a" be......Current 55 Cameo, 32 Ford PU,Half finished A bone chassis.Dreams of a 55 Chevy 2 door conversion...I have doors!

29. vtx1800

vtx1800
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm past the middle 70's, beer isn't near as good as it used to be:( I've got two hot rods, wouldn't mind building another but maybe I'd better be happy with two:) When I am in the home there won't be any old cars, just a bunch of old people so I'd better do it now!!

raven and stillrunners like this.
  30. Pretty sure the last time I had just one - was when I started my senior year in HS...with my Stude truck and a cycle.....some 45 and a few more years later....I've always just like sitting with a cool one with my animals and counting them all !

High test 63 likes this.