Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Love 'em or hate 'em Woodlites & E&J

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by denis4x4, Mar 17, 2020.

1. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Wow, what a car! That's what those lights are for.

If I had that car I could be somebody. Maybe.

Hemi Joel likes this.
  2. The37Kid

The37Kid

[​IMG]

Great looking L-29 Cord! About the only car Woodlites look good on. When my Dad was 15 years old the boss's son asked him to drive his from NYC to the Connecticut estate a two hour drive back then. Dad said he had no license, boss's kid said he'd cover any tickets. Must have been a fun ride. Bob

Hemi Joel and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  3. hudson48

hudson48

I agree that they are UGLY on a hot rod and belong on cars like the Cord or other classics that had them standard.

4. Shutter Speed

Shutter Speed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

5. frank spittle

frank spittle

I think they look at home on certain high end classic cars in the '20s-'30s..... like Hemi Joel's '29 Cord.

41 GMC K-18 likes this.
  6. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Simple,no !
    But I'm doing nothing right now,so I'll write some extra stuff anyway.
    Maybe better to scroll on,this below about 1 cent wroth;
    There is a number of things that show up near never,there is a why;
    For the most part it really depends on the use an were an what. For me,if it was something I think I would of used if found free,in the 50s when I was a teen an building my first hot rod. I may like it or not. In case of weird headlights or wheels,a big no != If I would not of used it,more then likely most others would not ether. So doing it now is todays shock value an not much other then that ! I give zero points for shock.
    As long as headlights are being talked about,;when 7in. sealbeams blubs came out in the late 30,they were a quantum leap in road lighting,there were kits to fix the big old lights an there aftermarket smaller size buckets that fit sealbeams prefect that looked more streamlined,so you could be added,. The factory started doing the same. Hot rodders also pick up on way better lighting for speed plus the smaller lights even looked more aero=big an odd headlights were not used after they seen bass old an poor lighting.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
  7. B-L-C’s and Guides are what belong on traditional hot rods. The fancier headlights are more at home on higher end cars. Just my opinion. The BLC light was the common replacement for original headlights for Model A and newer fords as the world turned to sealed beam headlights by the late thirties or early forties. In my small town in the sixties, I only remember one 37-38 Ford with the original style headlights. The 682 lights were the standard replacement for most all the older cars still on the road.

8. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I like them.....on somebody elses car -makes mine look better :D

quick85 likes this.
  9. Got a pair of Woodlites and have had 3 pairs of E&Js. Love'em both.

Stogy likes this.
  10. Jones St.

Jones St.

How about building a ride around those headlamps? Say a bobber p/u. Oh yeah.

11. goldmountain

goldmountain

I was really impressed with the light output shown on Hemi Joel's video. They don't look right on a hot rod just because they aren't put on hot rods. It is like with Duvall windshields; when more reproduction ones became available, they started to look conventional and therefore acceptable.