Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Hot Rod Virus

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Mar 12, 2020.

1. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

Found out why there is a TP shortage- one person coughs and 5 shit their pants. Seriously though there is enough evidence that people need to take this seriously, especially the majority of us here as we are mostly in the age group most vulnerable. Back to the garage, stay safe all.

2. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

Day 9 of quarantine
    Without sports for a few days...I noticed there is a woman living in my house...She tells me that we're married....She seems to be nice...

Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
    Deuces, grumpy65, Kan Kustom and 13 others like this.
  3. John Starr

John Starr

No kidding! I'm finally getting stuff done on my home and car projects. This is when having a real hobby really pays off.

Stogy and Just Gary like this.
  4. John Starr

John Starr

OK. I'm nominating this post for an award.

Deuces, grumpy65, Kan Kustom and 6 others like this.
  5. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It reallyseems to be taking off around here right now. People are nice and calm for the most part.A few lunatics seem they ann live from toilet paper , but that´s about it. Schools and "non system relevant" businesses like Malls and Clothing stores are shut down .... I´m still waiting until my shops will be shut down , so I can go into Garage quarataine, but I guess a good haircut is regarded " system relevant", so they keep us open. Most people take it with a relatively positive note over here.Friendly and helpful, it seems egoism fades a bit. Places are still crowed and people spend time outside. But my best guess is we´ll be shut down too and then it´ll be a good time to spend at home and get things done , is what I hear frequently from friends and customers.
    We´ll know how bad is was when it´s over.
    26 deaths @ 9400 infections is pretty good for Germany I think, but not good enough if you end up being one of the 26.
    I daily drive my 40 Ford and my 55 Chevy right now. That really helps to keep myself grounded . The world keeps turning, no matter what.

Take care ,y´all!

Deuces, 40two, Kan Kustom and 2 others like this.
  6. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

7. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

I don’t understand hoarding food and crowding supermarkets. Ordered my supplies on line for local (Safeway) pickup. They bring it out to your car. Odd to me, we are on shelter in place, I’m not any hungrier than usual, I’m not pooping more either. As being an ex construction labor, I’m was used to getting laid off during rain, weather, economic downturns and job completions. You learn to roll with it.

Deuces and Kan Kustom like this.
  8. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Baumi, I think that if I were a barber I would have to close my doors till this thing is over:eek: Hard to cut hair and maintain 6', or 2 meters in metric measurement, from a person whose hair you're cutting:rolleyes:o_O
    Nochop, the drive up service you mention is also available here @ Kroger, although I've never used it. Pres. Trump suggested today in his press conference that stores could set aside certain hours for senior shopping and business. Sounds like a good idea to me:cool:
    Everything else I can handle online or drive up for quite awhile. But I'm sure gonna miss "Tim's Country Cooking Buffet":( But there's no way that I'm even standing in that buffet line, much less eat the food off that line of food panso_O:eek:
    But I live alone, like my own cooking pretty well, and have a freezer and a pantry full of food, so I'll get by.
    Like you, I learned long ago to live within my means, and put back a "cushion", My not so steady income years were in the oil fields and auto assembly lines long ago and I haven't forgotten it.

Deuces and Baumi like this.
  9. Shutter Speed

Shutter Speed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ask @Flathead Dave where the last one went.

10. williebill

williebill

Flathead Dave, be careful. They ALL seem nice at first, and then you get to know them.
    No telling what you're getting yourself into.

Sincerely,
    "Always learning things the hard way" Williebill

Flathead Dave likes this.
  11. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The bars have been closed for 4 hours now and my phone is blowing up from semi-sober, panic stricken guys wanting to come over and drink in my garage. I told them it was BYOB (bring yer own butt-wipe)

Deuces, dirty old man and nochop like this.
  12. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

Be careful, this forum is a better place with you taking part in it....cheers Nochop

Deuces, dirty old man and Stogy like this.
  13. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

And I'll say it again if I have to...

14. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

LMAO:D:D:D:D
    Similar situation here....but as soon as she said "quit acting like such an idiot"...I remembered exactly who she was.

15. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You are perfectly right. I could not sleep over this anymore, so after discussing it with my employees I decided to call it quits from Monday on. Luckily and surprisingly ( never thought they´d have the balls) we were shut down by the Bavarian Government by Friday midnight for at least two weeks. The rest of Germany is still open from what I´ve heard on the news. I told my staff that this is gonna be the most expensive holidays for me they´ll ever have, so they better enjoy them... not matter what, we need to stay apart from each other.
    It was a stressful week and I pray for everyone to get through this unharmed, no matter where on this globe you may be. Maybe this could be the time that mankind will understand we´re all the same and not" we and them". Shutting my business down will be 15k a week , so I went into the garage today to rebuild a carb for my girlfriend´s suburban and have a few beers just to forget about it, it helped a lot!
    Thanks for listening, in case this post is considered too OT, feel free to delete. But it sure felt good to vent a bit.

Stay safe everyone.

40two, Deuces and grumpy65 like this.
  16. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I had read earlier today about the decision and subsequent ruling of the Bavarian govt.
    But for bearing the cost of your employee's time off, I had no idea it would all fall on you,. bummer.:eek:

Deuces likes this.
  17. grumpy65

grumpy65

As for previous threads being canned, all I will say is that the truth of the situation has not changed. The progression of circumstances is as predicted by the so called "panic mongers". The only real change is that, hopefully, more and more of the population are taking this seriously. It is just a shame that so many people have to actually wait until they can see a threat before they react. This is what has given the advantage to the virus. Let's all hope and pray we can now gain the advantage back. Sometimes the human race is it's own worst enemy but maybe it's not too late.

As for the panic buying and hoarding shit that is going on, JUST STOP !!! Yes, there will be trying times ahead. We will weather this far better if we band together (figuratively, not literally).Some will cast a very bad light on themselves by engaging in this f***ed-up behaviour. Some will really shine. Which do you choose to be - part of the problem or part of the solution. Time to stand and be counted.

dirty old man, Baumi and Deuces like this.
  18. Deuces

Deuces

You all take care and keep safe.... :);)

dirty old man, lucky ink and grumpy65 like this.