Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Hot Rod Virus

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Mar 12, 2020.

1. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Don't understand all the panic. I've had the carowner virus for decades. But not to worry, I've got a case of Corona, a box of Coronas and just got the oil changed in my Corona.

Deuces, WillyKJr, deuceman32 and 7 others like this.
  2. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

2 of my employees notified me that they were in contact with infected persons recently. Enough that I had to notify corporate and put the office on work at home protocol for a week. I went to the store and they were out of toilet paper but they had crown royal and Jameson black barrel so I'm all good! Time to work on my truck.

Deuces, Kan Kustom, redo32 and 7 others like this.
  3. longhorizon

longhorizon

I like your spelling better. QuaraTAINE vs quarantine. Has a nicer ring to it!

40two and Baumi like this.
  4. Newc

Newc

Bad news in Oregon; The Governor panic'd and banned all meetings of more than 250 persons. Both April Portland Swaps look to be cancelled. Newc

5. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That sounds like a reasonable plan...and it makes sense that perhaps the only inoculation for the virus is drinking Corona and smoking Coronas...like fighting fire with fire. Being the dutiful citizen that I am, I'm getting a head start on "the cure" as we speak.... :D

Kan Kustom and Just Gary like this.
  6. flatford8

flatford8
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Lyman,ME.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
  7. flatford8

flatford8
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Lyman,ME.

If all your eating is chilli and hot dogs...... you must be one of those people buying up all the toilet paper!!!
    ........ Mark

Kan Kustom, bob b. and jetnow1 like this.
  8. silverdome

silverdome

You give me fever
    In the morning
    Fever all through the night

Deuces likes this.
  9. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Just last weekend I finished chasing down electrical gremlins and fixing them (I hope) in my '40 coupe, but it's been a week of rain since so I haven't had a chance to get out and put some miles on it to test things out.
    But tomorrow is supposed to be sunny and dry, and I plan to take it out and put some miles on it circling town on back roads about 5 or so miles out all the way around town for about 35 miles. This should be enough to check things out.
    If OK, it goes in my son's garage and out comes my roadster to ride a bit before it goes in the shop and up on stands for a tear down of all between the crankshaft's rear flange and the yoke on rear end.
    Going back, checking all fits, square, and concentricity as I go back with a dual disc clutch. Hoping to get a reduction in clutch pedal effort along with more holding power.
    I have a weak left leg and this is a last ditch effort to avoid a slush box.

10. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

image.jpeg Sticking in the shop with a case of Carona Beer !

11. A 2 B

A 2 B
    from SW Ontario

Need more information on the toilet paper. Does it have the APT seal of approval?

Anti
    Poke
    Through

12. CAHotRodBoy

CAHotRodBoy

I placed an N95 mask over my air cleaner. Can never be too safe! :eek::D

Deuces, Kan Kustom and dirty old man like this.
  13. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You clowns from other parts of the country can laugh all you want but we have had 37 deaths in the state along with 568 confirmed cases. You are damned lucky if you live in an isolated community that few people travel to this time of year. The problem here in the PNW is that people here do travel a hell of a lot and you don't know where the hell the guy standing in line with you at Walmart was last week. That may not be an issue in Podunk Missouri where you know about any strange car in town before you see it.
    Staying home, working in the garage and not getting out in big crowds is still the best way to stay clear of this. Hell of a good excuse to get something done rather than go somewhere the significant other thinks you just have to go to.

Deuces, golferforpar, Lil32 and 4 others like this.
  14. I can't believe the moderators have deemed this subject not important enough to allow straying from the norm for a few threads. Threads I had been following on this have been deleted, as I'm sure this one will be. I was really appreciating the real-life info we were getting from particularly the health industry workers we have here. Yeah, a lot of macho bs posts as well, but this is a biggie affecting us all one way or another. I'd rather hear what members here have to say than trying to separate media hype from reality. I guess the moderators don't get the "we all have to work together".

impala4speed and grumpy65 like this.
  15. Blade58

Blade58
    from apopka ,Fl

Don't get the toilet paper craziness? it wont prevent the Virus, I had to wait in line with my Sam's Plus membership behind the building, those that had regular membership were sidelined and had to wait for the regular opening hours ,but if they wanted to upgrade there membership they were allowed to this and then proceed,oh there was a line just as long to exit too !!it was my luck I went to open the garage to wash and prep my truck for a car show went to open and only budged 3" went to see what could be the problem, the spring broke so much for that, We have an annual local Spring Fair with a Saturday only car show 97 cars showed up down from 150+previous years , the music spinning DJ was announcing all the up coming local car show cancellations and some there are still continuing at this time, unless drastic measure are taken forcing people to stay home more cancellation are on the horizon , I spoke with a local MATCO tools guy and asked him about the Gator Nationals he replied all NHRA events are cancelled !

16. ATT00009.gif Amen brother!

WB69, hotrodjack33 and Kan Kustom like this.
  17. hotrodlane

hotrodlane

Well as someone from "Podunk MO" I am smart enough to Buy food in a time of crisis than worry about getting every roll of toilet paper i can pack in my truck or SUV. People dying is no laughing matter! But stupid people who worry about something to wipe their ass on instead of eating is funny as hell. What are all you smart people gonna do with all that toilet tissue when your belly hurts from starving?.

WB69, j hansen, Lil32 and 6 others like this.
  18. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

I'm still stuck in my chair from foot surgery...Would much rather be in my garage working on my stuff. My work place has shut down for now. If I run out of TP I will wash my ass with the garden hose ... Front yard , back yard...whatever is closer.

19. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Something smells a little fishy to me. The premature panic shutdown of the economy almost seems planned. There are going to be a lot more bankruptcies and crushed pensions than there will be fatalities.

WB69 and Montana1 like this.
  20. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

21. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

22. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I disagree that there are unnecessary steps being taken this soon. Do a little reading about wwhat is happening now in Italy as a result of delaying travel restrictions there until things got out of hand with people hastily leaving the Northern parts of Italy and heading South who had already contracted the virus and were contagious but still without noticeable symptoms and now it's all over Italy to the point the percentage rate of cases per population are 2nd only to China.
    Admittedly , the news media is trying their best to politicize the reactions of the current administration, but if you'll do a little reading beyond the headlines and a little thinking for yourself, I think you'll agree with the steps being taken in the USA.
    And further, if you keep up the political talk this thread WILL get deleted.

Deuces, Just Gary and olscrounger like this.
  23. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not being political here. Just concerned about the repercussions of basically a shut down of an already struggling economy.

I understand taking measures to protect the population from this particularly nasty virus. I'm just not hearing anything about protecting the 10s or 100s of thousands people that will lose their jobs, have to go bankrupt, loose their pensions... etc. The damage could last for years.
    Admittedly, a lot of the fear/panic is being generated by 24/7 news...I just hope these precautions are worth it in the long run.

Lil32 and nochop like this.
  24. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Just finished reading a story from "The Telegraph" dated yesterday. It states that in Italy they are beginning to run short of intensive care units, and if they run completely out, they will be required to use an already prepared protocol that out lines a sort of process of elimination in that if a victim of covid-19 exceeds 5 on a certain numerical scale assigning values to certain other chronic ailments, or is over the age of 80, they will not be placed in intensive care if there are other patients needing the intensive care and not enough to serve all. In their words victims exceeding a score of 5 or the age of 80 "will be left to die"!
    This, my friend, is the result of waiting to see what happens, while worrying about the economy!
    Of course, being 82 myself I may feel somewhat different about this than you, but I think what has been done so far in the USA is certainly appropriate and I hope it's enough.

25. Lil32

Lil32

we are booked to fly over April 30
    not sure if we will be allowed to fly (Govt rules)
    is it worth coming over, we were staying 4 weeks
    going up to Utah

26. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Not at all sure about what the regulations are on entering US just now from OZ, but so much stuff is closed down already due to the virus, that even if you are allowed to enter, most things tourist oriented are going to be closed.
    If it were me, I think I'd try to reschedule for a later, safer date.

Texas57 likes this.
  27. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

I read where in 9 months there will be a baby boom. In 13 years that generation will be called the QuaranTeens...

coupe33, alchemy, Baumi and 2 others like this.
  28. I thought they would be called the corenials.

hotrodjack33 and Flathead Dave like this.
  29. buzz4041

buzz4041
    from Texas

Sounds like a good plan.

30. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

That's also funny.

tb33anda3rd likes this.