Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Where ist this car

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Eisenmann, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Eisenmann

Eisenmann

I saw a Picture of the Body Front this 27 t Body in a Trailer . I cant find it anymore . Anybody knows the Story behind IT
    IMG_20200314_084800_9.jpeg 1584172622926.jpeg

Sent from my S41 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55 and chevy57dude like this.
  2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

SAM_0974.JPG member of the "Buzzards" Bonneville group out of Grass Valley, CA - was For Sale at big Turlock, CA swap meet earlier this year - car has been to Bonneville many times - event stickers in back window

3. raven

raven

I don’t understand why someone would take the car apart?
    The body is a 27.
    r

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Eisenmann and chryslerfan55 like this.
  4. Rat rod.

5. Fordors

Fordors

Salt never sleeps. Looking at the body at the swap meet it appears to have major rot under the quarter window at the belt line and also at the rocker that wasn’t there when the car was pictured at Bonneville.
    I’ve seen photos of Rolling Bones cars covered in salt, other high dollar cars driving through deep standing water and I often wonder how they are protecting them from the ravages of salt.
    To each his own, I guess.

tractorguy, Deuces, Eisenmann and 3 others like this.
  6. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Nothing about that,it was a thing I would of walked right by with out looking back. Hopefully the parts go to cleaner better builds. I like T coupes done well.

LOST ANGEL, Deuces, Eisenmann and 2 others like this.
  7. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

Lost me at Zombie Rod....

8. Looks like it was a rat rod, hopefully someone can build a nice from what the remains. HRP

9. Eisenmann

Eisenmann

Dankeschön

Sent from my S41 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

stillrunners likes this.
  10. DOCTOR SATAN

DOCTOR SATAN
    from okc

Sure looks like fun to me.....

11. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I’ve seen photos of Rolling Bones cars covered in salt, other high dollar cars driving through deep standing water and I often wonder how they are protecting them from the ravages of salt.
    To each his own, I guess.[/QUOTE]

You don’t and you can’t. I’ve lost 5 pickup trucks to the salt gods and never more. Every thing aluminum changes to alka -seltzer and cast iron to rust (brakes) bodies are much better now than the 60’s -80’s. Rentals now only. It’s different from salted roads when it rains out there. As good as I can protect the worse was my enclosed trailer rear door.

tractorguy and kidcampbell71 like this.
  12. Guess a just a good wash job ? Bottom pic is under construction, top after the 1950 Bonneville run and the middle is new build with Olds and 32 fenders....it had a re-paint in 1959........ Salty dog bville.jpg roadster 1956 in front of shop.jpg Under constru 4 outside shop.jpg